Harry’s Garage

ZedLeg

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s not really my kind of car, too big. I love that green and bronze colour scheme though. I see an 8 series locally in a similar finish (the paint isn’t matt) and it looks great.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Shame you have to have the red flashes inside no matter what the exterior colour.

Nice, and I saw two parked in Notting Hill when I was in London a few weeks ago. Had no idea the U.K. numbers weee so few.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:10 pm
IanF wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:29 pm I saw one of these near Harrods and it looked special.. it’s a great car but at that price I’d struggle to justify it. Of course, now it won Ecoty, prices have firmed up so there are no deals to be had..

I’ll be interested to see how much it’s worth end of the year
I was idly looking at boatshoes classifieds. I get that the CS is improved, but the “standard” competition version with deliver miles is around £90k. There is a CS on there - also with delivery miles - for £170k.

I can help but view this as veeery stoopid. I’d “cope” with a regular comp thanks.

(Unless you are simply a speculator / flipper of course)
I'm surprised it won ECOTY. I've only driven a standard one, but they feel like a big car to drive and it doesn't shrink around you like my old XFR did. Everything felt incredibly competent but distant. Perhaps the CS improves that, but for 95% of the time the standard one felt more like a big engined 7 series than an M5 to me.
After we get past this chip and wiring loom shortage, surely they'll tank in value like big performance saloon cars always do?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I saw that video pop-up last night and did a double take when he said it had won eCOTY! Must read that on the Apple News app now as I'm intrigued to hear how that went.
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Impressive car but that video highlighted the insane prices. £10k to have 3 stripes painted on the wing end plates. Even a lottery win couldn’t justify £3 million for it.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Friend of mine spotted Harry in the Chiron presumably whilst filming this. Apparently the road presence it carries is unparalleled.

Love it.
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

“They checked the tel-e-ment-terry”. Why on earth would he not know how to pronounce telemetry properly? Similarly he pronounced hyperbole “hyper-bowl” in a previous video. Very odd
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

revsRus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:34 pm “They checked the tel-e-ment-terry”. Why on earth would he not know how to pronounce telemetry properly? Similarly he pronounced hyperbole “hyper-bowl” in a previous video. Very odd
I love his mispronunciations now. Watch out for regoola.

PS The Chiron is stunning obvs and love that he's managed to get hold of one with 'sprint' gearing :D
Last edited by speedingfine on Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Maurice wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:24 pm Friend of mine spotted Harry in the Chiron presumably whilst filming this. Apparently the road presence it carries is unparalleled.

Love it.
You can almost feel that in the video too. It's got so much presence. And all those noises, you can tell its a monster. Ludicrous machine, I love it.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

revsRus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:34 pm “They checked the tel-e-ment-terry”. Why on earth would he not know how to pronounce telemetry properly? Similarly he pronounced hyperbole “hyper-bowl” in a previous video. Very odd
Tbh I don't get why you have hyperbol-a but it's hyperbol-eeee?

Harry's version Valkyrie is quite something through.
mik

Post by mik »

I’m not a great fan of the Chiron, but there is no arguing with the way it casually devours the road ahead when Harry kicks the right pedal is very impressive.
revsRus
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:03 pm
I love his mispronunciations now. Watch out for regoola.

PS The Chiron is stunning obvs and love that he's managed to get hold of one with 'sprint' gearing :D
He pronounces ‘regular’ “regoola”? I guess that’s an accent thing rather only having read irregular words (hyperbole, telemetry) rather than hearing them spoken, which I guess is the explanation for him pronouncing “hyper-bowl and “tele-men-terry”
revsRus
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

RobYob wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:22 pm

He pronounced ‘hyperbole’ as “hyper…bowl” in the instance I’m talking about (no pause between hyper and bowl). If I’d only ever read the word and not heard it in conversation I’d probably use this same pronounciation
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

revsRus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:42 pm

He pronounced ‘hyperbole’ as “hyper…bowl” in the instance I’m talking about (no pause between hyper and bowl). If I’d only ever read the word and not heard it in conversation I’d probably use this same pronounciation

:o

I'll have to find the Valkyrie mentioned, I haven't noticed it before.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

revsRus wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:42 pm

Yeah I'd probably still say hyperbowl myself, but if you've got a parabowl-a and a hyperbowl-a shapes I don't know why you have hyperboleeeeee what's that eeeeeeee doing?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Pete_ wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:37 pm Harry at Geneva. Plenty of cars and industry news in this video that I didn't see else where.
@nuttinnew Around 22:50 (stupid mobile YT app not allowing easy timestamping) you get to hear some Varorkies.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

That looks so surefooted. Also the spine going into the interior aswell is stunning.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Barry wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:15 pm
Maurice wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:24 pm Friend of mine spotted Harry in the Chiron presumably whilst filming this. Apparently the road presence it carries is unparalleled.

Love it.
You can almost feel that in the video too. It's got so much presence. And all those noises, you can tell its a monster. Ludicrous machine, I love it.
Agreed. I wasn't struck on it until I watch the AutotopNL video then Harry's. What a machine. Epic in everyway. Love it!!!
mik

Post by mik »

Have just watched bits of Harry’s vid again.

I kinda want to love it…. But I don’t. Some of the details are great. Love the wheels (but not in black) and I think it sounds fabulous. The £250k of extra cosmetics feela borderline immoral. What idiot pays £5k for blue callipers, when any paint shop could do them for you for (let’s be very pessimistic and say) £500?

And all this work, and it’s still over 2 tonnes with a driver on board

But what do I know. I can’t even pronounce the name properly (in my head I always call pit the Kai-Ron :oops: