Your fleet running reports

andybond
Currently Driving: Exige S

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by andybond »

In the quest to liberate more horsepowers and torques I have followed Fonzey’s ITG route on the air box.

I did have a OE box with TRD bit on it. I note that the outlet of the TRD/Oe Box is significant smaller (70mm) than the throttle body (76mm)

The ITG is 76mm mated to the body 76mm.

Will this make a lot of power difference? Doubtful, however worth investigation.

I am also looking to get a new back box made up. Details to follow once done.

Some pictures..

andybond

Post by andybond »

Operation stop the rattle and free the ponies has commenced.

I have always been a little dubious about my h111 signature exhaust backbox since I got the car for no other reason that its twin pipes and I prefer the asthetic of a single larger pipe.

Tonight I decided its time to go so it did, but not without a fight!

I couldnt help but notice a little rattle ...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/CiCbyNVN ... rlesLegacy

Ill package this exhaust up and send it to a tame exhaust maker to template and see what we can do ..
andybond

Post by andybond »

I have changed the silver trim for black.

New exhaust being manufactured next week.

ImageImageImageImage
andybond

Post by andybond »

I have been working with a chap to get a custom exhaust made to spec. Mark has been great with the communication and ideas.

We have now two boxes in the system and the smaller box is easily removeable via vband.

Here are some images :

This leaves a quite subtle stubby single pipe poking out which I am delighted with. The slight off centerness is down to me being 25mm out with a measurement. I swear I wasnt drinking when I measured.

I have only started the car up once for a few minutes as it was late and the tone has changed dramatically. I now have bass! The only way I can describe the previous H111 exhaust is like a surround sound system without a sub. Vocally its there but there is no drama, no rumble! Its there now.

Cannot wait to get out to "test" the system and booked into the dyno to see whats what with the fuelling. Thats on 17 FEB 22. Not chasing numbers but something was restricting me last time ...
andybond

Post by andybond »

Well,

Part 231 of the Exige.

I am sure you wont need reminding of the previous series of posts where in reverse chronological order where I had a new shiny back box built after I found a knackered back box that caused a loss of power despite putting a komotec manifold on.

So this is the post to bring us upto date

As ever I used the super reliable, friendly and knowledgeable RSTuning.

Here are some pictures of a dirty exige ( it was clean when I left ) on the dyno

With almost no changes we made +15bhp on the last result. However lots and lots of fuel was added. Various things tweaked and a load of advance added to the map ( again! )

This yielded 282.1hp ( its all about the .1 ) and 189.2ftib or in a nutshell more than the car has ever had.

I have below the mapping dyno print.

Red is when the car was first completed to AndySpec with the chargecooler etc ( 268.5 hp )
Green is when the car was last tested after putting on a komotec manifold and baffled me how I lost power - but I know now ( 256 hp )
Pink is the latest dyno with some super smooth lines of torque and hp goodness.

One nagging thing in my mind. .45bar was observed as the boost pressure. Thats a bit lower than I had anticipated. Do I have the 2.9inch pulley that I thought I had?

Tune in soon to find out when I goto Daves@seriouslylotus and have the car serviced, tyres fitted and ask Dave nicely to measure my pulley.
andybond

Post by andybond »

Service time!

New brake fluid
New gearbox fluid
New tyres.

ImageImage
andybond

Post by andybond »

What a stupendously good day at Donington Park on a baltic weathered but dry trackday.

Did 86mi on track.

Used 56l of fuel.

Todays mileage 186mi.

By the powers that be on the internet thats a cool 15.1mpg

The new a052 are freakishly grippy. Whilst I appreciate I was running used AD08R these gripped where I had no right to grip. Follow a McLaren 650 round the track? Yep. Faster than them in the twisties? Yep ..

Absolutely blown away by the cars performance. I never found it lacking in any way at all. Only the driver was the weak link.

Heard some funny grumblings from the front end - though pad deposits but it appears I have eaten a majority of my arch liners! Ooops!

andybond

Post by andybond »

I knew yesterday that I was wearing into my arch liners. Confirmed it tonight and repaired with the tried and tested roofing stuff from bostick

Now I have been considering uprating my front ARB. However I noted that his one has 4 holes. Surely an aftermarket item?

@Fonzey found this online. Could it be one and the same?
andybond

Post by andybond »

Few pro photos from the Jav photographer . Rest of images are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzF387

andybond

Post by andybond »

Avid readers of this thread may recall that I had noted that my droplinks were on position 4 of 5

Not any more!

I ordered my droplinks from SeriouslyLotus late on a weekday and had them on my desk next day. Really cannot complain about the service from SL.

I has set aside this afternoon for the fitting of the new drop links.

I had prepared the liberator ( hammer ) , and liberators friend ( angle grinder ) for the job. They were needed. Near side lower link undid but then stuck, fast. Even with the inner part clamp solid I couldn’t undo the nut.

Cue angle grinder. Then hammer to push out the old drop link thread.

Top one undid pretty easily.

Opposite on the offside.

Couple of hours later , 2 cups of tea and 4 custard cremes and the job was done

More shiny bits on the rusty bits. I’ll get the other parts sorted when I feel it’s required. I’ll replace all bearings, bushes at the same time.

Spring rate pic for my archive. Front.

I have been out on a 20mi jaunt cross country. Quite possibly placebo but the front end feels to corner flatter, and feel stiffer. Needs track really though to say for sure.
andybond

Post by andybond »

It appears I have spammed TF out of this thread. No apologies.

:D
andybond

Post by andybond »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:22 pm Ooh, Mark_BT52 style crustiness.

Looks lovely though; those alloys and that rear spoiler really suit the Exige.
Its all very superficial. When I wire brush the parts the surface rust falls off. I probably will get it coated in something at some point. Just not this week .
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

andybond wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:40 pm It appears I have spammed TF out of this thread. No apologies.

The 240R wheels are perfect. My 2nd favourite wheel (after the S1 Victories, obvs)

Ever tried or been interested to moving to the S3 Exige?
andybond

Post by andybond »

Matty wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:54 am
andybond wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:40 pm It appears I have spammed TF out of this thread. No apologies.

The 240R wheels are perfect. My 2nd favourite wheel (after the S1 Victories, obvs)

Ever tried or been interested to moving to the S3 Exige?
I don’t have much desire to goto a s3. Yet.

I like the nimbleness of the s2 and I think if I went s3 I would lose that part.

Also heard they are really quite expensive to run
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Looks great! Shame about the offset exhaust, though surely you could get the 25mm back from the 'U' pipe? Cut 25mm off the end that goes into the smaller box and slide it to the right 25mm?

Good to see someone still doing trackdays! We mostly seem to have become boring :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
andybond

Post by andybond »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:22 am Looks great! Shame about the offset exhaust, though surely you could get the 25mm back from the 'U' pipe? Cut 25mm off the end that goes into the smaller box and slide it to the right 25mm?

Good to see someone still doing trackdays! We mostly seem to have become boring :lol:
Sorted it since last post!

Did 7 track days last year!
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

andybond wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:34 am

Fucking show-off! :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
andybond

Post by andybond »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:57 am
andybond wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:34 am

Fucking show-off! :lol:
Going to try and get croft and cadwell ticked off this year.
Also need to revist Blyton ( booked in ) and Donington again. Love Donington Park
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Chronic leak from injector #1. That’ll be what was slowly gassing us last week ! It blows like a MOFO with the engine running.

0D1CFEB5-23F6-4B5F-8521-53E25F93B5CE.jpeg
0D1CFEB5-23F6-4B5F-8521-53E25F93B5CE.jpeg (151.67 KiB) Viewed 736 times
andybond

Post by andybond »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:52 am Chronic leak from injector #1. That’ll be what was slowly gassing us last week ! It blows like a MOFO with the engine running.

0D1CFEB5-23F6-4B5F-8521-53E25F93B5CE.jpeg
Leak? Thats more like direct block injection!