Elden Ring

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Elden Ring

Post by Ascender »

So, is this most definitely the new "best game ever™"?

I've seen a lot of people saying its incredibly difficult to the point of frustration and I've not played any of the other games from those devs, so is it worth a look or will I be taking the sledgehammer to the Xbox?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Re: Elden Ring

Post by ZedLeg »

Traditionally Fromsoft games are punishingly difficult and I've never really got on with them.

I've been watching Limmy stream this though and it looks a little more accessible as it's open world, so I'm really tempted to pick it up.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:22 pm Traditionally Fromsoft games are punishingly difficult and I've never really got on with them.

I've been watching Limmy stream this though and it looks a little more accessible as it's open world, so I'm really tempted to pick it up.
That was my worry as I've not played one before either so will check out some Twitch, I genuinely hadn't thought of that. All the stuff I have read says there's issues with controls and difficulty, but once you get in to it, its one of the most immersive open world games ever.
Cheers,

Mike.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Dark Souls vet, been playing Elden Ring since launch day but lacking time really to put many hours in (I think 15 total or something). It's very good but I haven't quite clicked with it yet.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I think I'm going to take the plunge with this one, the videos just look utterly amazing, so might as well give it a go before Spring arrives.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I've been holding off on it because I've just got into Zelda Breath of the Wild and it seems quite similar in concept.

Really tempted though as it looks amazing.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Its downloading now...

At a very pleasant 70Mbps. With BT we were lucky to get 10Mbps for Xbox downloads.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ended up buying this over the weekend.

Went Bandit class from the start which might have been an error on my part. Wanted a build that was going to be fast and do decent crit damage but the health and armour is so low that if I miss a back stab or parry I’m fucked :lol:.

Still, beat my first boss. The dog man thing in the cave full of wolves near the start and I’m currently using the big group of soldiers in the ruins near it as practice for hitting the aforementioned backstabs and parries.

It’s definitely more accessible than older from soft games but it’s still very difficult.
An absolute unit