We just wanted a pizza…

V8Granite

We just wanted a pizza…

Post by V8Granite »

So my eldest Maxwell went for Tan Soo Do grading yesterday and finally I got to see him do one, due to Covid etc.

He did really well, tried hard etc so I let him choose his dinner and he wanted Pizza.

Went home via Dominos and walked in, I was going to get one for the MIL and Connor aswell so asked for a Gluten Free pizza aswell. Which you cannot order in the shop, as there needs to be proof that you agree Gluten Free may infact have some gluten in.
No bother I went to a local place Mr Pizza, except they have no in shop menu, but no issue I’ll just tell them what I want.
After telling them I’m then told unless I use the app I’ll need to pay cash, so I’d need to drive to a cash point.

Even Maxwell moaned at them for that so we got oven pizzas from Tescos.

Pre-Covid both those places you walked into, tell them what you wanted, paid and left with pizza.

Some places just don’t want money or have become Covid Lazy.

Dave!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: We just wanted a pizza…

Post by Ascender »

Can they not just have you sign something in-store about the Gluten thing?

We struggled last night too. The girl picked Wagamama so we ordered online. Money went out of bank; order confirmation received; website then said "payment not received". Called the restaurant... "nope, no order received, try again." Done. All seemed to go well but got there and they had no order. Of course the money is showing as going from the bank.

Went to order there and they were short staffed so no idea how long food would take. "Maybe 35 minutes?".

Off to Marks to just grab something nice and easy. Got to the tills... "our card machines aren't working, its cash only." Expect they didn't think to mention that over the tannoy or maybe even just a sign up somewhere. One person at the self-serve tills was it.

Just came home instead. Sad face.
Cheers,

Mike.