Your fleet running reports

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Ascender »

Every time I fit a stereo to a car, every time I seem to forget the trauma that was suffered the last time. But that's it done, the PCCM Plus is in to the C4S and its a truly a thing of beauty. Large, responsive & bright touchscreen, with what must be a decent processor underneath so the interface feels nice and zippy and the retro styling means it was almost worth (about half) the asking price.

Drilling a hole in the glovebox wasn't something I had planned for the first week of ownership, but looks like Porsche forgot to do it on my car. As for routing the FM antenna from the A-Pillar to the centre console, that was utter torture. Some kebab skewers and strimmer wire came to the rescue in the end, and of course after spending two hours on it last night, someone pointed out this morning that the instrument cluster comes out "really easily". Great.

Speaker system in the 996 seems way better in terms of quality & noise level compared to the Bose one in the Boxster S, which seems to make no sense.
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Had the speakers already been upgraded ? Mine had, not by very much, but it made a difference.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:56 am Just checking I didn't dream it and its still there.

Cheers @Foz!

Looks fantastic! What is the spec? (apolz if you already posted this, too lazy to read back!)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 am ...will be resolved by a short visit to my TUNA.
ECU posted to TUNA on Thursday morning, back on my doorstep 10:30 Saturday morning :o 8-)

So a massive, massive thanks to Enda at EndTuning - www.endtuning.com
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:30 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 am ...will be resolved by a short visit to my TUNA.
ECU posted to TUNA on Thursday morning, back on my doorstep 10:30 Saturday morning :o 8-)

So a massive, massive thanks to Enda at EndTuning - www.endtuning.com
Damn that's good. Better than me going out to finally check the torque on my when nuts and finding half of them were barely hand tight, and the rest were at a billionty ft/lb.

So that's nice. All torqued up to 130nm to make up for the fact that three wheels are missing a bolt (I'm literally only pootling to work and the shop, both within two miles)

Had a closer look at the calipers through the wheels (need to borrow some tools from neighbour who isn't in today) and they look encouragingly non crusty. Hopefully this job will be as simple as I tell other people it is when they complain about being charged two hours labour for a pad swap :lol:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Looks fantastic! What is the spec? (apolz if you already posted this, too lazy to read back!)
I don't think I did...

2002 C4S
Basalt Black
Black leather
Heated seats
White dials
small aluminium pack
Hard Back Sports seats
6CD Changer
Manual Gearbox
Litronics (xenon’s)
Nav
Alcantara roof
Leather dash
Short shift kit
IMS & engine rebuild by Hartech about 10,000 miles ago.

And now some fancy suction-cup bike rack. Foz will be rolling his eyes... Only stopped once to check it was still attached as it should be on the way dow, but a very weird feeling not having a traditionally-fastened bike rack.

First time mountain biking in about 5 years. Was a great drive back up on the A & B roads as the sun was out and things had warmed up nicely.

Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Errr…. you know your forks are on backwards, right ?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

@Beany are you changing the callipers ? I lost track. If so remember that you’ll need to bleed them too, and also remember that advice about giving the brake pedal a few solid pumps BEFORE driving anywhere :lol:

Also, the offer stands for the wheel bolts if you need them.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:24 pm @Beany are you changing the callipers ? I lost track. If so remember that you’ll need to bleed them too, and also remember that advice about giving the brake pedal a few solid pumps BEFORE driving anywhere :lol:

Also, the offer stands for the wheel bolts if you need them.

Edited note - just pads and cleanup, no point spending money I don't have on things I may very well not need. Can't see the state of the pads through the wheels so it might literally be they're a bit low and the contract points are dirty - wire brush and fresh pads will fix that.

If I need more... Eh, I'll work something out.

Yeah, I think I'll take them off your hands, I'm having annoying times finding a convenient way to collect them - the local BMW Indy with its shiny showroom etc told me they don't order parts except for themselves/their own work.

I don't have another 'office hours' break long enough to go running around town till next Friday, either.

So I'll pop you a PM with an address and one of those pictures you like I've I get back from buying a bottle of wine to drown my sorrows in.

Err, I mean, I've I've got myself a cheese board and some sophisticated rose, cos I'm dead posh like.
Last edited by Beany on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:17 pm Errr…. you know your forks are on backwards, right ?
😀 Halfords servicing?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:42 pm Yeah, I think I'll take them off your hands…
E87A1BC5-1BDD-4D8F-9479-B4300BC4D892.jpeg
E87A1BC5-1BDD-4D8F-9479-B4300BC4D892.jpeg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
^^ them ones ?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:17 pm Errr…. you know your forks are on backwards, right ?
Guess he… forked up :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:42 pm Yeah, I think I'll take them off your hands…

E87A1BC5-1BDD-4D8F-9479-B4300BC4D892.jpeg

^^ them ones ?
Will they fit an E46 with 5 bolts in the hubs? If so, sure.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Yip. I did turn them round at the other end :lol:

Bike had been stored with the handlebars parallel to the frame to get more space in the bike shed. It was a very early start…
Cheers,

Mike.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Ascender wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 pm 2002 C4S
Basalt Black
Black leather
Heated seats
White dials
small aluminium pack
Hard Back Sports seats
6CD Changer
Manual Gearbox
Litronics (xenon’s)
Nav
Alcantara roof
Leather dash
Short shift kit
I forgot it’s Hartech’d 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I like that it’s non-sunroof so no rattling noise.

Litronics are nice too, my old C2 didn’t have them and the lights were poor (worse than my Integra). My GT3 has them and whilst not as good as modern cars, still much better than my C2.

Leather dash and door cards make the car feels more premium :D 8-) As does the Alcantara roof. Very similar to my C2!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Coaster1 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:17 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 pm 2002 C4S
Basalt Black
Black leather
Heated seats
White dials
small aluminium pack
Hard Back Sports seats
6CD Changer
Manual Gearbox
Litronics (xenon’s)
Nav
Alcantara roof
Leather dash
Short shift kit
I forgot it’s Hartech’d 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

I like that it’s non-sunroof so no rattling noise.

Litronics are nice too, my old C2 didn’t have them and the lights were poor (worse than my Integra). My GT3 has them and whilst not as good as modern cars, still much better than my C2.

Leather dash and door cards make the car feels more premium :D 8-) As does the Alcantara roof. Very similar to my C2!
Yes, I’ve been genuinely surprised by how nice the cabin looks and feels… definitely aged well and in keeping with the car.

The lights are taking a bit of getting used-to, I’m wondering if there’s a decent set of LED bulbs I could upgrade to.

Feels like so much more power available in all the gears compared to the Boxster S, a very different car but still feels very familiar too.
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:27 pm Will they fit an E46 with 5 bolts in the hubs? If so, sure.
I can't attach a photo to a PM, so it's here:

18C1CBCB-69AB-496B-BC9F-ED2D45E1AF37.jpeg
18C1CBCB-69AB-496B-BC9F-ED2D45E1AF37.jpeg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
Beany

Post by Beany »

It worries me that you can just bust your nuts like this in public.

But I love it 😍
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

PM my your address and before you know it, my nuts will be deep in your (letter) box.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:10 pm PM my your address and before you know it, my nuts will be deep in your (letter) box.
Ooh, darling!