Holidaying in the UK v abroad

Simon

Re: Holidaying in the UK v abroad

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 am
unzippy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 amWhen we picked him up he was very pleased to be home but had the major arse with us. He sat at the end of our bed and with his back to us and ignored us for a good half hour before decided that was enough of the cold shoulder treatment, then all was good again
Sulking I'd be OK with but it's the fact that when I get home, Phoebe seems genuinely unhappy and takes a day or two of near-constant attention to get her groove back. I know this isn't world-ending but I'm a guilty person and it haunts me the whole trip.
You're like my brother-from-another-mother.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

When I was young and we went on family holidays we once put the dog in a kennel and the next day we got back he beautifully laid a log in my dad’s shoes, pissed over mine and ripped my mums into shreds. After that my dad would get someone to live in the house full time just to keep the dog happy.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am
unzippy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 amWhen we picked him up he was very pleased to be home but had the major arse with us. He sat at the end of our bed and with his back to us and ignored us for a good half hour before decided that was enough of the cold shoulder treatment, then all was good again
Sulking I'd be OK with but it's the fact that when I get home, Phoebe seems genuinely unhappy and takes a day or two of near-constant attention to get her groove back. I know this isn't world-ending but I'm a guilty person and it haunts me the whole trip.
Aye, we feel bad if we're late home and miss one of their usual feeding times. The guilt from putting them in a cattery for a month would ruin our holiday :lol:.
An absolute unit
tim

Post by tim »

I'm off to France 3rd August with the kids for 2 weeks, coming back to hand them over to their mother, then buggering off back again for another two weeks on my motorbike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

Aye, we feel bad if we're late home and miss one of their usual feeding times. The guilt from putting them in a cattery for a month would ruin our holiday :lol:.
Fannies. ;)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Off to Cromer in Norfolk this weekend and will then try and get another week of camping before Maxwell starts school.

We are both dreading school holiday times but will see how far away from people we can be.

Dave!
John

Post by John »

As mentioned earlier in the thread we also tend to go abroad in the winter. Now we have a motorhome we spend spring and summer holidays in the U.K. We've just had a few days in Henley which coincided with the Regatta, the hot weather made it most enjoyable although I imagine it's not quite as good in the drizzle.

As I like to arse around on bikes it's easier to throw the bike in the motorhome garage rather than packaging it up for a flight and hope it gets there in one piece. I was out on the CX bike a couple of evenings ago exploring the back lanes around Henley, Wargrave, Sonning areas etc, very pleasant although I'm probably on the local neighbourhood watch list now as I'm a bit nosey :D
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 am

Fannies. ;)
Pussies, surely? 😉

ETA: we’re down on Branksome beach with the kids today 😎... my son is far better at paddle-boarding than me! ☹️
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

IanF wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Fannies. ;)
Pussies, surely? 😉

ETA: we’re down on Branksome beach with the kids today 😎... my son is far better at paddle-boarding than me! ☹️
You've not been getting enough practice with the hosties have you?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Simon wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:59 pm
IanF wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Fannies. ;)
Pussies, surely? 😉

You've not been getting enough practice with the hosties have you?
Oh, I’m an excellent motor-boater!
Cheers,

Ian
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:00 pm Durban for the Sardine Run* on Friday then riding from Durban to Cape Town starting the weekend after. Garden Route etc, should be ok. Unless I get brutally tribe-raped by the natives.
This took some digging out, forgot it was in the Moaning forum then remembered who originally posted it :lol:

Some pics of the trip so far - real scenery starts tomorrow:

And a vid of a load of dolphins suddenly hearing a cry from afar of free dolphin beer or the local dolphin netball team being in town or something :lol: - excuse the quality - 1. it's hard to aim a camera on a moving boat, 2. it's on zoom for a lot of the time, through a waterproof housing and 3. real cameras from a few years back (a Canon G11 in this case) suck balls compared to any mobile phone these days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma52k11oaef7j ... 4.MOV?dl=0
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Nice, JL. How's the tribe-rape been so far?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

At first it was a little scary, then I made my peace with it and quite frankly by now am actively looking forward to it each day.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Always wanted to watch the cricket there - it looks absolutely stunning with mountain in the background.

Back to expensive Britain for a moment - went to Scarborough for a night last weekend - double gin and tonic with a pint of aspalls - 14 quid. There weren't many Beany types in tho so did the trick :D :D edit its here if anyone is visiting the classier side ;) https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... gland.html
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I like how the reviews are mainly people being surprised that Scarborough has something which is not shit :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:56 am I like how the reviews are mainly people being surprised that Scarborough has something which is not shit :lol:
Do you know tho it isnt - there are some really nice buildings on the south side. They are slowly making it less wank. If you look at property on the esplanade https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/prope ... esplanade/ there might be some good return on your money right there.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It got infinitely better when Beany moved away.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 pm It got infinitely better when Beany moved away.
I'm behind the times - wheres he live now
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:14 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 pm It got infinitely better when Beany moved away.
Dirty Leeds.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Dirty Leeds.
Nowt up with Leeds.