Ukraine

Mito Man

Re: Ukraine

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone got any footage form Kharkiv? BBC makes it sound like a Russian graveyard. And once again surrendered Russian soldiers are confused not knowing they’re even in Ukraine - mind blowing.
Did the Russian army all get blasted whilst doing their celebratory parade thinking they’ve taken over the city?
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Given there was, an essay/long form piece that was due to be published on Russian state media talking about a new russian order that would undo the mistakes of 1991 (you know, the fall of the Soviet Union for those not old enough to remember), solve the 'ukranian problem forever', etc (as they expected to have walked all over Ukraine by now), it's entirely possible that they are that level of dunning-kruger stupid.

They pulled it quickly, but it still exists on the internet archive. Short thread.

And this is why you never, ever trust Russian state sources - not only are they filled with propaganda, they're filled with hilariously poorly executed propaganda that only the local equivalent of Boris Johnson or Trump supporters would believe. Backed by a police force that will literally arrest you for protesting that the news is full of lies.

Imagine an incompetent Fox News backed up by cops who really are all bastards and you're perhaps half way there.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Presumably a peace deal where Ukraine promises not to join NATO?

Honestly Putin can FRO. A clear case of what happens when someone stays in power for too long - including changing the law to stay in power.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Anyone checked if they'd survive a nuclear attack? We wouldn't in green old Lincs.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I live in London so assume I’m toast
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mr_jon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:17 pm Anyone checked if they'd survive a nuclear attack? We wouldn't in green old Lincs.
What do you mean, If they attacked Ukraine with nukes? (which won’t happen unless Putin has gone totally Tonto)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Several RAF bases in Lincolnshire; definite targets if it all goes properly sideways.
Beany

Post by Beany »

If they nuke Bradford, there's be billions of pounds worth of improvements to the area.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

mr_jon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:17 pm Anyone checked if they'd survive a nuclear attack? We wouldn't in green old Lincs.
Would you want to? - if it all seriously kicks off, proper World War III with 100’s if nukes flying left right and centre, I’d be happy if one landed on Milton Keynes and vaporised me before I even knew.

I’ve had 50 odd years. Not much to look forward to but prostrate exams ( :o ) and arthritis :lol: :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Gpwm, think you'd be better off dead. Only prompted on a rather beautiful walk with kids and mutt today, big 4-engine jumbo came overhead on the way to jfk. Slight optical illusion made it look more military, prompting some out of earshot adult musings.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Today, EU promised aircraft for Ukraine. That'll take a few weeks you'd think.

They'll be in the air within the hour.

Blimey. Not fucking about then.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

This is such a Gen Z war, because everyone’s basically trolling Russia 😂
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

London financial markets open in five mins. Hold onto your hats.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

The Rouble has lost 41% of it's value and reached a record low. Putin is becoming poorer and poorer by the day.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:shock: Russia doubled interest rates to 20%
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

A valid question I’ve just seen - does Putin actually know what’s happening ? Or are his advisors feeding him selective info to desperately cover their own hides, their own failures ? I’m absolutely not sticking up for Putin here, obvs, but it sounds possible.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I see lots of people up in arms about the uk not offering to take in millions of people. Where exactly are they supposed to live? Not being funny but with the open door for Hong Kong and other troubled regions where does it end? In case noone realised the country is on life support machine itself.

As for this war..... I don't think itll go away soon.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Gavster wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:27 am The Rouble has lost 41% of it's value and reached a record low. Putin is becoming poorer and poorer by the day.
Good news that it’s not all going as planned for him. Hope it doesn’t make him do something *very silly* though.

He’s ruining the country. Personally, I’m hoping someone on the inside decides enough is enough and puts one in the back of his head.