When you get collected by an influencer (racing)

Coaster1

Re: When you get collected by an influencer (racing)

Post by Coaster1 »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:11 pm Incredible, they've even trotted out the "because charidee" line to guilt trip you :lol:

Filed them under tossers along with almost every other influencer...
This!!!!!
mik

Post by mik »

Have left a comment on their ROR youtube video (beside Jobbo's)

mik

Post by mik »

My comment seems to have disappeared :( is there a vetting process? (I don’t make many comments on choob vids).

Edit: maybe because I included Fox’s Instagram link?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Channel owners can remove comments from videos on their own channel.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
scotta

Post by scotta »

LOOK - they can pass a pink mini without crashing in to it... (16m 07 secs)

scotta

Post by scotta »

@unzippy

unzippy
@lovecars - bellend.

:lol:
mik

Post by mik »

Comment re-added to their YouTube vid. No probs adding another YouTube link in the comments…..
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:32 pm Comment re-added to their YouTube vid. No probs adding another YouTube link in the comments…..
Not there now...
mik

Post by mik »

I still see it there - need to sort comments by date order (which surely should be the default setting??)
scotta

Post by scotta »

A thread... :roll:

drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I often perform race director duties and based on that footage I'd at least be looking for more evidence then speaking to both parties, likely demanding apologies from the Caterham driver to Fos. Although it was a 'racing incident' it looked like it was caused by very poor judgement and overly aggressive driving by one driver, not malicious, but something totally avoidable and something the driver needs bringing up on.
I would say it's an example of the director being intimidated by the fact the at fault driver was driving a car entered by a charity and media organisation with the victim just being a pleb and expected to take it.
Although the situation was shit and would still result in a ruined weekend an apology would have stopped the thing rumbling on like this and bringing two organisations into disrepute.
Leaving the incident out of a video would have likely resulted in them being called out for this and they know it, as for that Woodman fella, he's is trying to use moral outrage to get you to shutup, what a lowlife. Not on Twitter or I'd quickly be blocked by him.
scotta

Post by scotta »

drcarlos wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:22 pm I often perform race director duties and based on that footage I'd at least be looking for more evidence then speaking to both parties, likely demanding apologies from the Caterham driver to Fos. Although it was a 'racing incident' it looked like it was caused by very poor judgement and overly aggressive driving by one driver, not malicious, but something totally avoidable and something the driver needs bringing up on.
I would say it's an example of the director being intimidated by the fact the at fault driver was driving a car entered by a charity and media organisation with the victim just being a pleb and expected to take it.
Although the situation was shit and would still result in a ruined weekend an apology would have stopped the thing rumbling on like this and bringing two organisations into disrepute.
Leaving the incident out of a video would have likely resulted in them being called out for this and they know it, as for that Woodman fella, he's is trying to use moral outrage to get you to shutup, what a lowlife. Not on Twitter or I'd quickly be blocked by him.
As you say It was 100% the Caterham at blame - all Foz asked for was an apology to be then met with a shitty attitude.. That Paul bloke obviously drives the Lovecars twitter. They state today it was not their team yet in the original reply on Instagram they admit it was their team. Who knows. but the whole BORING argument is just laughable.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

The was quite magnanimous of Foz really, we've all seen people go ballistic over similar situations. It's the CoC's job (it's a tough one too) to make sure things like this don't escalate and cool it down. Usually a bit of a bollocking and a handshake is enough and the offender improves their race craft because of it too.
mik

Post by mik »

Spot on.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

scotta wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:21 pm A thread... :roll:

How did that one start? Can you post the start of it please. From what I recall of it, and their tweet above, I expect Lovecars next one to be "We weren't even there! :lol: " :roll:
dan

Post by dan »

Why did nobody speak to the guy on the day at the event?

Or did they and I missed it?
scotta

Post by scotta »

dan wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:08 pm Why did nobody speak to the guy on the day at the event?

He said that Foz turned in on him.
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:33 pm
dan wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:08 pm Why did nobody speak to the guy on the day at the event?

He said that Foz turned in on him.
See initial Instagram discussion on page 1 (transcript posted on page2)
mik

Post by mik »

A far better video record of the event.

A couple of shots of the cars of forum members, but no cameo’s (that I noticed)