16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by 16vCento »

It should be good.

I've got this one; https://www.icarsofteurope.com/multi-br ... gIPUvD_BwE

I rate iCarsoft stuff, I had a Volvo/Saab specific one that I sold for the same price I bought it for, 5 years later, so even if you don't get on with it, you should get your money back!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:06 am I've got this one; https://www.icarsofteurope.com/multi-br ... gIPUvD_BwE
That's the same one the bloke that bought my 7 used to hammer me on the price ! The combination of his recommendation and the Foxwell not working is what led me to buying the MAX.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Been 6 months with the 4C

Still think it's great, still love driving it, still enjoy owning it. Prefer it to the Elise (although admittedly, I should try an S3) but still preferred the Evora if I'm honest, purely due to it's all-round capabilities - although that's not entirely a fair comparison given they're a different class.

TLDR revew: Would I recommend one? If you're into the Alfa badge/looks/rarity/carbon thing, then yes. Otherwise, you'd be better off in a Lotus.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Barry wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:41 am
KevH18 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm New car - Hyundai Kona Electric 150kw (204ps) Premium - due to arrive next Wednesday following confirmation earlier today. Same day as the charging point is being installed, handily.

Good choice, I wanted a Kona but lease prices were silly so I've gone for e-Niro with the same set up. Had a call yesterday, mines due mid Feb 😎
Nice to get it pretty soon!

I would have preferred an e-Niro to be honest. I'm worried that the Kona might be a bit small but it was miles cheaper on our work scheme so went with that instead.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:31 am
16vCento wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:06 am I've got this one; https://www.icarsofteurope.com/multi-br ... gIPUvD_BwE
That's the same one the bloke that bought my 7 used to hammer me on the price ! The combination of his recommendation and the Foxwell not working is what led me to buying the MAX.
It's impressed me so far.

I replaced the clockspring on my neighbours X Trail, and it reset the steering angle sensor, cleared all the codes, then I did a forced regen on the DPF for them.

Did a forced regen on my V60 (not needed I was just playing with it 😂 ) fine, reset the injector calibrations, when I put new calipers on the back it released the motors and applied them.

It's a good bit of kit.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

When the new air springs went on the ML I checked all the height sensors and recalibrated the sport height on it, it’s a bit clunky to use but seems to have anything you would need.

Dave!
Barry

Post by Barry »

KevH18 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:48 pm
Barry wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:41 am
KevH18 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm New car - Hyundai Kona Electric 150kw (204ps) Premium - due to arrive next Wednesday following confirmation earlier today. Same day as the charging point is being installed, handily.

Good choice, I wanted a Kona but lease prices were silly so I've gone for e-Niro with the same set up. Had a call yesterday, mines due mid Feb 😎
Nice to get it pretty soon!

I would have preferred an e-Niro to be honest. I'm worried that the Kona might be a bit small but it was miles cheaper on our work scheme so went with that instead.
I wanted the Kona for similar reasons, I don't need the bigger vehicle :lol: My Niro was a small batch of pre-ordered cars with my lease Co, due March '22 anyway. Only niggle is that its the base model Nero2, but aside from lacking heated seats I'm not going to miss those extras.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Doing the coolant on the Cayenne looked a bit tricky. There's no drain valve so you have to pull the hose off the bottom of the radiator and try to catch the coolant :? Porsche apparently use a "lifetime" fill at the factory. As with gearboxes, "lifetime" must mean "the lifetime of our warranty obligations and after that we really DGAF" :roll:

So onto the 996, oil change, and I took it for a quick spin first to warm the oil up, more than quadrupling its mileage so far this year. I'd forgotten what it's like. It feels really small and sharp, even compared to the MINI. I've said it before and I'll say it again - a 911 is unlike any other car and everyone should try one. Not everyone will like them, but they should definitely experience one. It's on GAZ coilovers at the moment and I think I must be older than I was a couple of years ago (!) as they don't seem fun on the road any more. Just harsh and noisy. I think I'll revert to some OEM-ish Bilsteins at some point.

Anyway, I drained the oil no problem but then I found I couldn't get the oil filter off. No point putting new oil in while the old filter is there. Car stranded. Schoolboy error. Halfords to the rescue ! They had the correct (14pt / 76mm, FWIW) tool in stock and we're back in business. Filled with Mobil 2000 10w40 as recommended to me by Northway in the past. It's a semi-syn and not even very expensive. Very refreshing to get down-to-earth advice like that and I trust their experience way more than some nerds on the internet. MOT booked for Tuesday.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What does Opie Oil Man recommend? Some unicorn tears oil I imagine.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

LOL, probably. What's the current flavour du jour ? The last fad I remember was Royal Purple but that was ages ago.

I prefer to DO MY OWN RESEARCH, generally by looking in the car's handbook and then buying something matching that spec. Crazy, huh ? But it has served me well. Asking about oil on a forum is a fool's errand. The only time I've ever had a problem with oil was on my Calibra many many years ago when I decided to give the car a special treat and put some fancy 0w30 oil in it. It just p***ed out all over the place through every seal that wasn't absolutely 100%. I gradually topped it up with normal oil (probably old school Castrol GTX as that's what my Dad used to put in everything) and the leaks slowly stopped.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If you are friendly with the Merc spares department you get a BOGOF offer on oil. I always get the oil for them from there.

If you go on American forums, ask about oil and you will end up knowing the name of the dinosaur the base oil stock came from and the driver of the tankers plans for Christmas. Then whatever happens change it every 3000 miles.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

Eldest miklet got something out of the Evora boot yesterday and didn’t shut the boot properly, so when I went to start it this morning it elicited only a few feeble clicks from the engine bay.

It’s on the original Varta Blue battery and it’s been feeling like it’s on the way out for a month or so, hence I have just ordered a new one. Unless you know you are going to move a car on, I’ve never seen the point in scrimping on batteries, so I spent an extra tenner for a Varta Silver series - more powerful and has an extra years warranty.

The front reggie plate was also looking a bit scabby - a couple of cracks from stone impacts and a bit of delamination. Got a new one off ebay and it is fine - except I’d had a beer and accidentally ordered one with a UK side bar. Which shoves all the text over and meant that the screws (unfortunately essential) no longer fell in white sections, but now crash into text. Which looks horrible. As I don’t want the side bar anyway, and I don’t want to drill more holes in the ply - I just ordered another one - completely plain.

More exciting news when it happens.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 pm The front reggie plate was also looking a bit scabby - a couple of cracks from stone impacts and a bit of delamination. Got a new one off ebay and it is fine - except I’d had a beer and accidentally ordered one with a UK side bar. Which shoves all the text over and meant that the screws (unfortunately essential) no longer fell in white sections, but now crash into text. Which looks horrible. As I don’t want the side bar anyway, and I don’t want to drill more holes in the ply - I just ordered another one - completely plain.
I hope it’s 4D gel plate! 8-)
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:04 pm …… I'd forgotten what it's like. It feels really small and sharp, even compared to the MINI. I've said it before and I'll say it again - a 911 is unlike any other car and everyone should try one. Not everyone will like them, but they should definitely experience one.
This.

Love 911.
mik

Post by mik »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:19 pm
mik wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:57 pm The front reggie plate was also looking a bit scabby - a couple of cracks from stone impacts and a bit of delamination. Got a new one off ebay and it is fine - except I’d had a beer and accidentally ordered one with a UK side bar. Which shoves all the text over and meant that the screws (unfortunately essential) no longer fell in white sections, but now crash into text. Which looks horrible. As I don’t want the side bar anyway, and I don’t want to drill more holes in the ply - I just ordered another one - completely plain.
I hope it’s 4D gel plate! 8-)
You bet! 8-)
Marv

Post by Marv »

Why are screws essential Mik? Shape of the bumper?

I bought some 3M dual lock velcro for the M3s number plates. Surprising how strong it is... Didn't fall off in the 35c+ of Portugal, or the freezing conditions of the Norwegian arctic tundra 😂
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Marv wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:12 am

Why are screws essential Mik? Shape of the bumper?

I bought some 3M dual lock velcro for the M3s number plates. Surprising how strong it is... Didn't fall off in the 35c+ of Portugal, or the freezing conditions of the Norwegian arctic tundra 😂
Yeah - I always prefer tape, but the plinth on the Evora is too short height-wise for just adhesive. Unfortunately.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

MikeHunt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:31 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:35 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 am What speed/revs does your 2nd gear top out at @Broccers ?
I'm unsure - 70 to 75 7000+
Just realised that I have no idea how fast my Mx5 is going at max revs in any gear. My mission for the week. :D
I remembered to look at the speedo yesterday, the little Mazda is 64ish mph as it hit the limiter in 2nd gear.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’m on such a roll right now. Oil & coolant on the MINI today. The oil was filthy, thick black, and only about 2 litres came out. Capacity is meant to be just over 4 litres :shock: It happily took four litres of fresh oil so it must have been running rather low. My bad. I’m surprised it didn’t flag up a warning. I definitely need to keep an eye on that. The coolant was pretty murky too and appeared to be pink, not blue. Rinsed through with lots of fresh water and then refilled with blue.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

996 MOT fail ! Due to MOMO steering wheel lacking an airbag. Which is absolutely correct but it’s passed several MOTs like that in the past. Ho hum. So I’ve come back down here with the airbag wheel, fitted it outside the garage and they’re doing a quick retest.