Decent Recent TV

DeskJockey

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by DeskJockey »

The Tourist (BBC)

Sunday six parter. Enjoyed it a lot, Jamie Dornan is excellent, and the story is cleverly spun with plenty of twists and turns.

8/10 80s Japanese cars.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Stay Close on Netflix.

Some of the acting was a bit shit but really very good, lots of plot twists.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

240PP wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:18 pm Stay Close on Netflix.

Some of the acting was a bit shit but really very good, lots of plot twists.
yeah, the acting is distractingly bad throughout, and there's weird continuity errors snd clumsy set ups, typical Harlon Coben storyline though which is always fun.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Ozark is back 21st Jan for its last season. Not sure my heart will take it.
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:11 pm The Tourist (BBC)

Sunday six parter. Enjoyed it a lot, Jamie Dornan is excellent, and the story is cleverly spun with plenty of twists and turns.

8/10 80s Japanese cars.
Also enjoyed this.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I didn't realise The Expanse only has six episodes in its final season, so that's them all available to watch now.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Afterlife series 3 is absolutely terrific. I can see this lasting for years like Fawlty Towers has, as it applies to any generation. Superb.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ascender wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:45 pm I didn't realise The Expanse only has six episodes in its final season, so that's them all available to watch now.
Last episode was great. Shame they won't be making any more....feels like there is still plenty of story to tell and in the current world of endless fantasty shows (witcher/got/wot etc) we need more space drama.

It's a shame they felt the need to cram everything into the last episode though. The first 5 were OK, just felt like a big buildup into a very crammed finish.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 am Afterlife series 3 is absolutely terrific. I can see this lasting for years like Fawlty Towers has, as it applies to any generation. Superb.
Burned through it all yesterday, and agree, there's only a couple of flat spots in there. Superb cast too.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Matty wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 pm
Ascender wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:45 pm I didn't realise The Expanse only has six episodes in its final season, so that's them all available to watch now.
Last episode was great. Shame they won't be making any more....feels like there is still plenty of story to tell and in the current world of endless fantasty shows (witcher/got/wot etc) we need more space drama.

It's a shame they felt the need to cram everything into the last episode though. The first 5 were OK, just felt like a big buildup into a very crammed finish.
The Strange Dogs stuff in the prologue of each S6 episode feeds *directly* into the story of the remaining books, so I'd expect some mini series or an Amazon exclusive movie or two in the future.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Matty wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Ah bollocks... When I realised it was 6 episodes I did wonder if that would be the case. I've not started on the books yet.

I really enjoyed episode 1 of Peacemaker - seems utterly bonkers and was better than The Suicide Squad.

Yellow Jackets and Yellow Stone are two yellow-themed programmes I'm planning on watching next although Mrs Mike is currently on a House MD rewatch.
Cheers,

Mike.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 am Afterlife series 3 is absolutely terrific. I can see this lasting for years like Fawlty Towers has, as it applies to any generation. Superb.
Only halfway through, but it's excellent. Loved the scene in the pub with his dad's ashes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Finished it last night. Very good series - Gervais really knows how to act, but I'm starting to think he needs a new ensemble for his next series as there are so many of the same actors/actresses used across a number of his productions now that it's starting to look a bit incestuous.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Anyone else watching Green Planet ?

I’ve been glued to the telly for the last couple of episodes. Just stunning! 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 pm Anyone else watching Green Planet ?

I’ve been glued to the telly for the last couple of episodes. Just stunning! 8-)
Not yet, planning on watching it with the kids.
---
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 am

You won’t be disappointed. Some of the time-lapse sequences are just wonderful. Section at the end of the show to explain how they filmed it. Fabulous.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 am

You won’t be disappointed. Some of the time-lapse sequences are just wonderful. Section at the end of the show to explain how they filmed it. Fabulous.
Yes seconded, superb stuff 8-) As usual men in sheds make it all possible :mrgreen:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Excellent. Something to start on Thursday or Friday (although my wife introduced them to Doctor Who on the weekend, so they may demand that).
---
Marv

Post by Marv »

mik wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 am

That Rio Claro in the second episode, with the lush green vegetation, fizzing with oxygen is my new happy place.
Oui, je suis un motard.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I watched the new Ch4 Screw thing last night about prison guards. thought it was shit and turned it off half way through episode 1.