KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Coronavirus

Post by KiwiDave »

New Year and still a cunt I see.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 am New Year and still a cunt I see.
Brainwashed.

Happy New year tho dude 👍

I see Novak has won his case. Hopefully gets to play tennis.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Broccers wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 am So we're a few weeks after Xmas and everyone didn't die. Must be the jabs or something 😃
What an opposed Word we live in. On one hand, we have Broccers mocking the vaccine and masks, claiming they're largely unnecessary, and on the other hand, we have people calling for the Governments head as they haven't done enough to slow the virus.

You look to Japan who have very low numbers (comparatively) but they have enforced much stricter rules, rules which we say we would never comply to.

It would seem there is no right answer to this.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Australia are hitting 100k cases a day, in summer in a country with stricter lockdowns and less than half the population of the uk.

Hopefully their vaccine uptake has been reasonable, it was relatively low to start with because the virus hadn’t had the same impact there as a lot of Europe.
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:45 am
Broccers wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 am So we're a few weeks after Xmas and everyone didn't die. Must be the jabs or something 😃
What an opposed Word we live in. On one hand, we have Broccers mocking the vaccine and masks, claiming they're largely unnecessary, and on the other hand, we have people calling for the Governments head as they haven't done enough to slow the virus.

You look to Japan who have very low numbers (comparatively) but they have enforced much stricter rules, rules which we say we would never comply to.

It would seem there is no right answer to this.
Basically, everyone is doing it wrong.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Missus had moderna booster saturday and felt really rough for the last 36 hours. Not had my booster yet as I'm only 15 days or so covid-free. For the first time I'm having second thoughts about taking the booster. It's not like AZ really gave much (any?) protection in the end. Anyone else held off on the booster?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mr_jon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:09 am Missus had moderna booster saturday and felt really rough for the last 36 hours. Not had my booster yet as I'm only 15 days or so covid-free. For the first time I'm having second thoughts about taking the booster. It's not like AZ really gave much (any?) protection in the end. Anyone else held off on the booster?
AZ did give protection - it just didn't last and you need a booster. Omicron isn't the only variant still out there (though is obviously the more prevalent now). I think you'd be mad not have a booster. Presumably you've already been invited to do so because Boris said everyone was offered a booster by 31 December.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Can't have the booster until 28 days post-infection. Honestly less sure than I was, perhaps because delta infection in our case was just a mild flu.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

But you don't know if Omicron will be mild or knock you for six. I've taken the booster and would suggest you take it too. As I understand it there is little or no risk to having the booster.

I had a sore arm and a bit if a headache that afternoon, then nothing.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:12 am
mr_jon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:09 am Missus had moderna booster saturday and felt really rough for the last 36 hours. Not had my booster yet as I'm only 15 days or so covid-free. For the first time I'm having second thoughts about taking the booster. It's not like AZ really gave much (any?) protection in the end. Anyone else held off on the booster?
AZ did give protection - it just didn't last and you need a booster.
How do you know it didn't last? There's a number of reports now that whilst antibodies may have dropped off, the T-cell response is still strong in the AZ vaccinated. There's even theories that our widespread use of AZ, as opposed to other western countries, is perhpas why we've not seen any notable increase in severe illness or death during the Omiconr spread.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 am But you don't know if Omicron will be mild or knock you for six. I've taken the booster and would suggest you take it too. As I understand it there is little or no risk to having the booster.

I had a sore arm and a bit if a headache that afternoon, then nothing.
This, thinking you won’t be badly affected by it is very naive.

I know of 2 people very badly affected, that was enough for me to put my faith in the jab and not my, hopefully robust, natural
Immune system.

Dave!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I tested positive just before Christmas, shocking how fast the symptoms came on, I’d left work, driven 10 miles home and could barely get out of the car. Went to bed and the headache started, it’s still there now along with bouts of extreme fatigue.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:39 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:12 am
AZ did give protection - it just didn't last and you need a booster.
How do you know it didn't last? There's a number of reports now that whilst antibodies may have dropped off, the T-cell response is still strong in the AZ vaccinated. There's even theories that our widespread use of AZ, as opposed to other western countries, is perhpas why we've not seen any notable increase in severe illness or death during the Omiconr spread.
I'm just quoting the study I saw immediately before Christmas, where people vaccinated 6 months earlier with AZ were found to have virtually zero protection from Omicron. All the vaccines have waning effectiveness over time though.

PDF link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ing-33.pdf
Barry

Post by Barry »

Antibodies drop off but AZ T/B cell cover still appears resilient, so you're open to catching it more easily, without the booster, but no more likely to get seriously ill or need hospital treatment.

You seen the news today, suggesting even common cold T cells can help against C19..
Foz

Post by Foz »

I got my booster 2 weeks ago, with my son, who’s turning 14 at the end of the month, we both got Pfizer, after 2 x AZ earlier, bad dead arms but all ok.

The tide seems to be turning though as we can’t go on like this, although the hospital trusts are on thier knees :(
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Double jabbed and boosted here. Flew to home to the UK for Christmas, had three weeks of fun but have finally tested positive on the lateral flow.
If it wasn't for the result I would have thought I had a mild cold. I'm still failing the lateral flows (first negative was Thurs just gone) and I need to pass a PCR before they let me on the plane, due to fly this Sunday :roll:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

unzippy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:00 pm Double jabbed and boosted here.
If it wasn't for the result I would have thought I had a mild cold.
Stupid vaccines not working etc... :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

unzippy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:00 pm Double jabbed and boosted here. Flew to home to the UK for Christmas, had three weeks of fun but have finally tested positive on the lateral flow.
If it wasn't for the result I would have thought I had a mild cold. I'm still failing the lateral flows (first negative was Thurs just gone) and I need to pass a PCR before they let me on the plane, due to fly this Sunday :roll:
Sorry to hear it got you. Friend here just did four weeks back in the UK, seemed to do 25 tests a day based on her FB and made it all the way back unscathed. Did have an extended stay in quarantine due to an exposure event with a positive test at the hotel but home now. I'm not quite sure how she managed to avoid it tbh. :?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:01 am
Matty wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 pm I spent 2 hours in the car with 2 people who tested postive for covid the following day - it's been 5 days and I've been clear all that time.

It's mainly because covid isn't real and the LFT's are just randomly giving postive results to people, like scratch cards. That's what Twitter said.
Ha. I never win anything so I should be ok 😂
Thankfully still testing negative and exhibiting zero symptoms 🎉

Have driven down south today and amazing how few people wearing masks at motorway service or the hotel I'm staying at. No wonder the infection rate is high 🙄
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Parent;
"It's ok, I've done the tests, I haven't got Covid."
"What have you got?"
"Bronchitis."
:roll:

I miss one ways at supermarkets, it seemed smoother and easier.

@unzippy Good luck.