Coronavirus

GG.

Re: Coronavirus

Post by GG. »

I know we had some discussion about this a while ago but for anyone interested in delving deeper into the origins of the virus, a good book has just been released on the topic by Alina Chan and Matt Ridley. I'm currently half way through listening to it on audible. If you're not scientifically minded it may be hard-ish going with all the info on codons, genomes and furin cleavage sites, but they give a good go at making it accessible.

They're very down the line in how they present the material - not alleging anything is certain but simply setting out a whole slew of evidence that is strongly suggestive that a lab leak is at least as likely (if not, actually, more likely than a zoonotic spillover) and let people drawn their own conclusions about the balance of probability.

The difficult part is that the way the Chinese behave in a whole host of instances (e.g. not sharing information, taking down the database of all coronavirus samples collected by the WIV, releasing scientific papers that deliberately omit or distort the picture, calling the most close relative to SARS CoV-2 a different name to obfuscate the fact that it was collected by the WIV themselves from a mine in Yunnan in 2013) would have you think that its an absolutely slam dunk that it was a leak from their lab... however, this is how they actually behave about everything which then has you second guessing!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Click the tweet to open the thread.

Alpha was faster than OG C19. Beta faster still. Delta faster still. This mutant version is now displacing Delta

We're fucked.

Also because we know Boris won't shut the doors to SA in time (like, now!) rather in 2 months when it's properly seeded everywhere.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I dont believe anyone really thinks its deadly any longer :D
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Broccers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 pm I dont believe anyone really thinks its deadly any longer :D
Yeah, pretty sure my Sister in law does, who was very poorly with it and had an ambulance out on two occasions to control her breathing. Without that assistance, probably dead. (yes, double jabbed)

Me and my daughter were comparatively fine however. It's such a random virus, you simply don't know how your body will respond to it. Complacency will kill a lot more people I'm afraid.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:09 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 pm I dont believe anyone really thinks its deadly any longer :D
Yeah, pretty sure my Sister in law does, who was very poorly with it and had an ambulance out on two occasions to control her breathing. Without that assistance, probably dead. (yes, double jabbed)

Me and my daughter were comparatively fine however. It's such a random virus, you simply don't know how your body will respond to it. Complacency will kill a lot more people I'm afraid.
You could also start to look at the sports people having heart issues, kidney failure caused by jabs. Not so much hype in the media about these things.

Im no antivaxer or denying it can be awful, just not worth closing down countries for.

edit - my previously well father who was nearly killed by minimal change kidney disease after being jabbed, spent 5 weeks in hospital on oxygen for 3 and was nearly deaded. 2 week of dialysis, steroids, sent home. Now driving again and importantly - his kidneys are fully functioning no dialysis required- there is a lot of these sudden type health issues knocking about. Make your wonder :)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Simon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Click the tweet to open the thread.

Alpha was faster than OG C19. Beta faster still. Delta faster still. This mutant version is now displacing Delta

We're fucked.

Also because we know Boris won't shut the doors to SA in time (like, now!) rather in 2 months when it's properly seeded everywhere.
Do you have a line in to BoJo? Looks like certain Southern African countries will be subject to quarantine.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

6 African countries on red list from tomorrow. Must be extremely serious if they’re already banning flights.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yeah, looks like they've acted quickly for a change. We didn't even know about this variant last week but thankfully they've acted quickly to restrict flights.

Obviously there's not a free-trade agreement we're pursuing with SA right now. ;)
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Interesting noone heres commented on the stock market over reaction
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

More idiotic crappy mask wearing.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:23 pm More idiotic crappy mask wearing.
I knew that you'd be grumpy about this :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Marv wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:33 pm
Give me a mask that works I will wear it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm
What do you think the mask is supposed to do, out of interest?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm

What do you think the mask is supposed to do, out of interest?
What do you think I think it's supposed to do, out of interest?
Beany

Post by Beany »

You first, darling.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:31 pm You first, darling.
The answer to your question is obvious unless you're a spastic.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh sweetheart, I'm not falling for that pathetic attempt at a wind up.

Answer the, by your own admission, very simple question.

You're the one making the statement that masks don't work. Explain that process.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:47 pm You're the one making the statement that masks don't work. Explain that process.
Unless its a weapons grade medical mask, face coverings do not do a fucking thing other than make you look like a twat.

HTH.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:51 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:47 pm You're the one making the statement that masks don't work. Explain that process.
Unless its a weapons grade medical mask, face coverings do not do a fucking thing other than make you look like a twat.

HTH.
Ah, so you don't know what the mask usage is for, based on that response.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:52 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:51 pm

HTH.
Ah, so you don't know what the mask usage is for, based on that response.
Ah so you clearly are a thick cunt.

Lots of it about tho. The people who thought being paid to stay at home was brill usually are the first to say lock us down again for no reason.