Your fleet running reports

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JonMad »

I'll get on my FIL's insurance for his Moggies.
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:54 pm Will you wait for Tim to get the Jaaag sorted or make him come along in the Rover?
Are they classics ? They still feel fairly recent to me. I'm old.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm thinking the OV9 Classic Chapter needs a slightly arbitrary entry requirement. How about the car has to be older than the driver ?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:09 pm I'm thinking the OV9 Classic Chapter needs a slightly arbitrary entry requirement. How about the car has to be older than the driver ?
approved. Nice elegant solution.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 pm Waiting to turn right on the boxster on a green light junction earlier and some yoof with a clown mask on came bombing down a bus lane on an escooter. It was only by expecting to get killed from motorbike riding I missed the fucker.
Warning - unpleasant footage.

Not sure why the camera car pauses when the lights turn green (just as he is coming to a halt)

Posted on page 666... the camera vehicle might have paused because he saw scroater coming.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Rich B wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:17 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:09 pm I'm thinking the OV9 Classic Chapter needs a slightly arbitrary entry requirement. How about the car has to be older than the driver ?
approved. Nice elegant solution.
Think we may end up with when Harry met Jumper if that's the scenario. Can't remember if anyone else has anything that old as it needs to be a 60's or 70's car at that rate. The Chim is 20 years younger than me although the engine design is very much older.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

My Activa is 8 years younger than me!

I think the only cars I've had older than me were both the 924's.

One was a 85 and one was a 79.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:40 am ...when Harry met Jumper...
:lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Closest I ever got to that was my first car - '86 scirocco (I was born in '80.) I can't see myself getting anything older than that any time soon!
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:58 am Closest I ever got to that was my first car - '86 scirocco (I was born in '80.) I can't see myself getting anything older than that any time soon!
Me neither, oldest thing I really fancy is a 280 Brooklands Capri (I'm not even really a Ford person, but I really like them, god I feel dirty now!) and they are 87, appreciate the older stuff but the 80's and 90's is where my heart is.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

My car has cost me approx. £2k today and there's nothing wrong with it! It's just the pesky paperwork of insurance, tracker monitor subs and road tax stuff. :roll: (Might have to spend a few quid at the local later to help me get over the financial body blow).
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:17 pm Old addition to the fleet - 2003 Citroen C5 110 HDI. One owner from new complete with beaded seat covers. It's in great condition and no issues in the MOT history, but they kept no history whatsoever and the fella said he serviced it himself :?

Only problem I can see so far is the clutch is biting high, but no actual slipping. Yet. I appreciate this may eventually scrap the car, but as I paid £500 I can live with this 8-)

Good to be back in a shonky French car, it's a lot more comfortable than the BX was :D
Can't not post as it's entertaining, clutch starting to go already :lol: Been quoted £600 from a clutch centre for the clutch and the dual mass flywheel, which means the car owes me £1100. I'll go for it as I love the car, fingers crossed it's not good money after bad!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zoe now fitted with Michelin Crossclimate 2s. Compared to the Primacy 4s it was on before the noise levels have gone down and the ride comfort has improved.

Scheduled for a service in January.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:28 pm My car has cost me approx. £2k today and there's nothing wrong with it! It's just the pesky paperwork of insurance, tracker monitor subs and road tax stuff. :roll: (Might have to spend a few quid at the local later to help me get over the financial body blow).
:shock: I'm guessing insurance is a big chunk of that? Also, doesn't everyone pay tax monthly now? /s
speedingfine wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:32 pm Can't not post as it's entertaining, clutch starting to go already :lol: Been quoted £600 from a clutch centre for the clutch and the dual mass flywheel, which means the car owes me £1100. I'll go for it as I love the car, fingers crossed it's not good money after bad!
£600 sounds a bit steep, guessing DMF doesn't help...still, if it's a decent car for just over a bag then it's still a win. That's half what Paul paid and he didn't even get a car !
Beany

Post by Beany »

I thought six hundred for clutch kit and and DMF and fitting didn't sound too bad, have replacement DMFs become cheaper now that most cars seen to have them?
dan

Post by dan »

Another little update, I had a spare afternoon so I put the s2000 back on the rolling road.

Since I rebuild the engine I also decided to remove the cat again as i'd felt a noticable difference to the mid range when I initially removed it, but then i'd put a 100 cell cat back in to try and cut a little bit of noise. It didn't really work, but it did rob the mid range of the increase I could feel without it. This was all based on seat of the pants feelings as I hadn't had it back on the rollers to quantify any of this, but as the car runs closed loop most of the time and i'd been monitoring AFR's with the hondata app on my phone whilst driving, I was happy I wasn't doing any damage.

Back on the rollers then and the decat means that the engine is very happy to have the vtec switched on by 4000 revs. I'd tried this the last time I was on the rollers with a cat fitted and it just killed it dead so I left it at 5500revs. This time though its very happy to take it nice and low and its also filled in a big chunk of the torque curve low down. The other bonus is that since I bought the car I've gained 11hp and 7lb ft. It did 233hp completely standard and made 244hp for several runs yesterday. Our rolling road produces very reliable and repeatable results, its primarily used for tuning 130hp race engines where a couple of horsepower makes a difference, so it would be useless if it wasn't repeatable. Everyone says that of course :lol:

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Dan rebuilds Honda engine and it puts out more power, non-shocker 😂
dan

Post by dan »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:20 pm Dan rebuilds Honda engine and it puts out more power, non-shocker 😂
I was surprised actually, I didn’t expect any more. Decat and remap is what made the difference though, the rebuild just means it won’t fall to bits.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:15 pm
PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:28 pm My car has cost me approx. £2k today and there's nothing wrong with it! It's just the pesky paperwork of insurance, tracker monitor subs and road tax stuff. :roll: (Might have to spend a few quid at the local later to help me get over the financial body blow).
:shock: I'm guessing insurance is a big chunk of that? Also, doesn't everyone pay tax monthly now? /s
speedingfine wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:32 pm
Yes, the insurance was £971 and I did 2 years tracker subs at once as it works out cheaper in the long run. Tax is cheaper to buy by the year too, so as you can tell I’m very sensible with money really! ;)
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

£971? Blimey - I thought you were old! 😀

Insurance on the M2 is £650 for reference!