Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

11 months into (Mrs mik’s) ownership, I was changing the reversing camera view on the E-Tron earlier and noticed this. Activates a dedicated wash nozzle. It is awesume. 8-)

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:22 pm 11 months into (Mrs mik’s) ownership, I was changing the reversing camera view on the E-Tron earlier and noticed this. Activates a dedicated wash nozzle. It is awesume. 8-)

My old Skoda did it with the rear window wash- try cleaning the back window whilst in reverse
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Bugger.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Arse :(
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Dugga dugga damage, we see it all the time on customers engines.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm actually going to a proper porsche garage tomorrow for them to replace my badge.

Asked if I can borrow a car for a couple of hours ...... they are lending out Audis.

What happened to tempting folk into a newer car? I honestly will buy a 4.0 if I like it.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:08 pm I'm actually going to a proper porsche garage tomorrow for them to replace my badge.

Asked if I can borrow a car for a couple of hours ...... they are lending out Audis.

What happened to tempting folk into a newer car? I honestly will buy a 4.0 if I like it.
How long is the waiting list for a new Boxster 4.0? I don't think they need to tempt people.

Audi update: on the highest suspension setting there's a slight squeak from the rear end over bumps. I'll get the back end greased up.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:27 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:08 pm I'm actually going to a proper porsche garage tomorrow for them to replace my badge.

How long is the waiting list for a new Boxster 4.0? I don't think they need to tempt people.
If its anything like it is in the US then I'd say looooong

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Of course they need to tempt people, its how sales work. I wouldnt jump in a car thats 70k without driving one first.

Edit there are many cases of folk getting new ferraris and porks without driving them and then hating their 200k plus purchases within 200 miles. Its just stupid to do it unless you're using it as a flip flop excuse.
Last edited by Broccers on Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:27 pm I'll get the back end greased up.
Do be sure to take pictures for....er....

....research purposes.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Bugger.
It is still 80% good!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I drove for a few days with a '4 stud, supposed to be 5', maybe not on the door handles but otherwise no biggie.

Usually very easy to change the stud, I did it in about an hour with my trusty BFH.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:01 pm Of course they need to tempt people, its how sales work. I wouldnt jump in a car thats 70k without driving one first.

Edit there are many cases of folk getting new ferraris and porks without driving them and then hating their 200k plus purchases within 200 miles. Its just stupid to do it unless you're using it as a flip flop excuse.
Tell them this and ask for a test drive then.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:16 pm

Bugger.
This is the engineering equivalent of RAID 5.

/Nerd joke for @Beany
Beany

Post by Beany »

Eh, RAID 6 @Matty - I'm sure you could get away with another loss if you don't give it too much abuse ;-)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The 330 appears to have a leak, but not sure where from. I noticed something the other day when I parked up on a site visit, that there was a technicolour patch on the pavement. I only spotted it after moving the car and then after about 10mins you couldn't see the patch anymore at all.

So when I got back to work I parked up in a dry space and I checked again at the end of the day when leaving, but no signs of anything on the ground.

Mrs comes home tonight (it's pissing down) and shouts I've a leak. Sure enough, there's the rainbow slick on the driveway, coming out from behind the osf wheel. Obviosuly given it's been raining though it could be coming from anywhere.

I'll have to try taking another look on Wed when it's forecast to be dry. It's due for an oil service in a month so hopefully it's nothing major that can't wait until then for the Indy to check out.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:31 pm The 330 appears to have a leak, but not sure where from. I noticed something the other day when I parked up on a site visit, that there was a technicolour patch on the pavement. I only spotted it after moving the car and then after about 10mins you couldn't see the patch anymore at all.

So when I got back to work I parked up in a dry space and I checked again at the end of the day when leaving, but no signs of anything on the ground.

Mrs comes home tonight (it's pissing down) and shouts I've a leak. Sure enough, there's the rainbow slick on the driveway, coming out from behind the osf wheel. Obviosuly given it's been raining though it could be coming from anywhere.

I'll have to try taking another look on Wed when it's forecast to be dry. It's due for an oil service in a month so hopefully it's nothing major that can't wait until then for the Indy to check out.
I got two for the price of one on mine. :lol: I remember the gearbox sump gasket needed replacing but can’t remember where the engine oil was leaking from.

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

It's a BMW so of course it has a leak. The cam cover gasket is weepy I believe, along with sump gasket. And the rack is misting PAS fluid, but not to any great extent. The oil filter housing gasket was at least done. :lol:

Could be PAS fluid, coolant you name it. The fact the slick previosuly disappeared (at least visibly) from a wet pavement, and nothing left on a dry block pave car park would suggest something that's evaporated to some extent.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:31 pm The 330 appears to have a leak, but not sure where from. I noticed something the other day when I parked up on a site visit, that there was a technicolour patch on the pavement. I only spotted it after moving the car and then after about 10mins you couldn't see the patch anymore at all.

Could be a dampener giving up, that fluid is usually really rainbowy and does disappear easier than engine oil
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I did wonder whether it could be a/c gas. No sign of any sheen this morning on the driveway, even though it was still damp.

I'd be miffed if it is a strut though as they're only about 20k mi old.