VW vans

Broccers

Re: VW vans

Post by Broccers »

Quick tap v long press does the same on all these? I seem to be remember the adaptive cruise on the 7.5 golf being a bit tricky to get right but pressing it in a different manner got different movement.

Transit customs are a good looking van in sport guise but also a fortune for a 15 plate with 130k miles.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich-B was correct, the set button and reset button also double as up and down buttons.

That was an operator error but still stupid when every other cruise control does it with a light press being 1 and a firm press being 5.

Expect exciting updates as and when I become annoyed 😂

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:33 am Rich-B was correct, the set button and reset button also double as up and down buttons.

That was an operator error but still stupid when every other cruise control does it with a light press being 1 and a firm press being 5.

Dave!
i have to admit, I didn't find the single increments control for a while either.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:45 am
V8Granite wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:33 am Rich-B was correct, the set button and reset button also double as up and down buttons.

Dave!
i have to admit, I didn't find the single increments control for a while either.
I still haven't on the Shuperb. It's all on a stalk. So it's pull forward to resume, push back to cancel, toggle on the top to adjust distance, and push button on the end to set. Then push stalk up for +5mph and down for -5mph.

The older BMW stalk setup is the most intuitive and it annoyed the hell out of me when I last had an F30 as a courtesy car that they'd changed theirs as well.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Re-reading your first post- my work van is a Vauxhall vivaro lwb, no parking sensors, no air con, no cruise control, basic single din stereo with the worst Bluetooth system in the world, and I think I’d still pick it over what you’ve got- It’s a 120hp 1.6 diesel with a 6 speed manual. It’s not quick at all but it’s quick enough to not be irritating so I think I’d be ready to put yours in a wall after a couple of days 😂
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I don’t blame you :lol:

I like the old Merc one on its own stalk.

Back to resume, away to cancel, up to set, down to reduce, up to increase. Also if you held it the car would accelerate harder.

The only issue being that at least than 120kmh it’s a bit too abrupt so when it hits a hill it surges a bit. Over that it’s lovely so thinking about it I hardly used it day to day in the U.K. :lol:

Dave!
John

Post by John »

I’ve owned a T4, an early T5 and now have a Vito. I went with the Vito purely because I didn’t want to be associated with all the lifestyle dads with their pretty garlands hanging from the rear view mirror :D

Plus the Vito was much better value for money due to the afformentioned scene tax.