Yet another new car...

jamcg

Re: Yet another new car...

Post by jamcg »

Drove one at the land rover experience centre a couple of years back- uncle got a voucher when he bought an evoque but wasn’t bothered about going- was a really lovely thing to be in, felt every bit the price tag
GG.

Post by GG. »

Even better at half price :D
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Driving most places is in general better whilst driving a RR. They just do normal stuff so well while feeling epic.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

If you’re bored on a deserted road spin the gear selector to reverse whilst moving forwards and plant the throttle ;)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What's the reliability actually like on these? I can imagine commuting in it would be quite a pleasant thing to do. Hadn't really thought about them before, though I had started pondering a Disco 4.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I think the early ones were supposed to be the more problematic. Mine is in the last 6 months of production of the pre-facelift so I'm hoping some of the bugs will have been ironed out but we'll see.

Sounds like you should do a precautionary diff oil chain which won't have been done on mine as it seems to just have had regular servicing so that's something I'll get sorted at some point. Oil breather pipes apparently need replacement at thick end of a grand but I'm unsure if that applies to the V6s as well as the V8s.

Will update the running reports thread as and when things crop up...
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

A lovely car and great two car garage 8-)

Are the V6 diesel crank issues a common thing, or over-hyped by the internetz? I hear conflicting stories of whether the LR approved used warranty covers snapped cranks.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The wife had one as a hire car when ours went in for a warranty job. Absolutely lovely place to be in every way.

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:03 pm snapped cranks.
Hmm, this is the sort of thing which puts me off JLR products. I imagined the occasional electrical quirk, not fundamental issues like cranks snapping :lol: Maybe an iPace would be safer.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:37 pm
mikeyb wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:03 pm snapped cranks.
Hmm, this is the sort of thing which puts me off JLR products. I imagined the occasional electrical quirk, not fundamental issues like cranks snapping :lol: Maybe an iPace would be safer.
I do like the iPace. It was good fun to hoon around Knockhill on the Jaguar experience day (a few years ago). I vaguely recall Harry M wasn't that impressed with the battery range when he reviewed one a while back :?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cool car GG. I love Ranger Rovers, wish I had the space for one. Watching Clarkson’s Farm on Prime had got me thinking about one for the imaginary farm I’m about to buy.. :lol:
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

IanF wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 pm Cool car GG. I love Ranger Rovers, wish I had the space for one. Watching Clarkson’s Farm on Prime had got me thinking about one for the imaginary farm I’m about to buy.. :lol:
Thanks, Ian! Your experience with the Evoque is making me feel nervous now. :lol:

Interestingly both Harry M and Clarkson have farm programmes featuring old L322s but I think I've seen new shape L405s lurking in back of shot of both...