New Car Day...

Coaster1

Re: New Car Day...

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:21 pm Keen to see the 60-100.

Performance wise it must be extremely similar to @scotta ’s new Elise CR.
I want to test mine but can’t figure out a way to film it safely :?
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Saw one of these a few years back, real road presence.

Excellent purchase, residuals should be good too!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Beany wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:50 am Any longer term plans? Tweekery? Bit of cheeky remapping to suit a custom, less blaring exhaust perhaps?
Not really...£500 will remap to 280bhp and 300lb/ft...which is a fair bit in a 950kg car. However it doesn't really lack for grunt.
Otherwise I'm interested in trying to improve the steering a little...I'm sure a decent geo setup could improve things especially with the inconsistent steering feel.
Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:49 am I have only seen a few 4Cs on the road, but happened to spot one at the top of the M5 going onto the M6 this morning. He got off at J10 of the M6; so there's one pretty local, Matt. But it was grey with gunmetal alloys and that colour scheme really doesn't work in the same way as the Alfa Red.

Noisy at low speed when we were in the slow moving queue. Nice, but I wouldn't choose one over my Merc for the commute :lol:
There's one like that who lives in Sutton Coldfield, could be that one. Also one in Stourbridge similar.
I mean, they're no Merc but not too bad to commute! 40mpg, long geared and compliant ride....cruise control too. You can't really hear the stereo though....
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

If they have an 80l fuel tank I might have a look…

Plate on this one began M60, from memory.
Matty

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:21 pm Keen to see the 60-100.

Performance wise it must be extremely similar to @scotta ’s new Elise CR.
I'll try and do one.

Re: Elise, it is close. Alfa a bit heavier, but the massive torque advantage (75lb/ft much lower down) does show in-gear.

https://zeperfs.com/en/duel4354-4686.htm
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Matty wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:16 am

For reference, the AT prices of 4C's aren't far off; let me be clear I don't have that kind of wedge, my 4C was waaaaay cheaper than those. It's got 60k on the clock, but even so I still feel what I paid was cheap. There are some really, really minor cosmetic issues (bit of PPF lift, few chips) but otherwise, I've either got a timebomb or something of a bargain. Would be interested to see what I'd get for it in p/x TBH.
Wow looks like the prices are holding strong. I remember a two or three years ago I was looking at them regularly (not seriously) and they were mostly £35-40k then. Hope that you manage to do something with the steering, I'd love to hear a positive story about one of them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

In the context of things, is the steering that bad or is it just because it’s not lotus good?
Cheers, Harry
Matty

Post by Matty »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:22 am In the context of things, is the steering that bad or is it just because it’s not lotus good?
It's not bad, it's just no Lotus good. But then not much is.

I watched the Chris Harris review vs the Cayman again yesterday, and he covers it off (although obviously in better terms than I have) and for me this is pretty much bang on. Starts at 3:10 if you want avoid the yawnfest that is the Cayman ;)

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Went to the national Alfa day at Bicester today. The mrs has decided she wants a 4c.

Let me know when you’re selling :lol:
Cheers, Harry