Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 am My holiday back home in August's not looking good... :cry:
Fly to NI, ignore the rules and carry on like most people seem to be doing anyway.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

eh, no, I won't be doing that.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:40 am eh, no, I won't be doing that.
Breakin rules or flying to another country to get in the one you want to end up at?

None of that has been going on at all :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I won't be breaking rules...

Besides, Belfast it 350 miles away from where I need to be and I don't hold out much hope of making that journey in an UK registered car without getting nabbed.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Marv

Post by Marv »

I was booked to take the ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare on the 21st of June.

Was looking at the Irish media to see what the governments stance was on the opening the common travel area. Looked likely at one point, but since the numbers have gone up for the India variant in the UK, it's not going happen.

Final nail in the coffin was the ferry company called me up and the ferry is broken and in the dry dock in Dublin 😂

Hopefully things will have calmed down by August Dinny. Fingers crossed you mate.

I'm now planning on going to the Lake District and the Scottish Highlands, if the weather behaves.
Oui, je suis un motard.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Thanks Marv...

The problem is always going to be the Lag between rule changes and tangible improvements . July 21 is a pivotal day in Ireland for changes to the rules but there’s almost no chance the quarantine will go from 14 days to 0 days within a month...
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm not sure about you lot but the only things that are still getting my goat are;

Had 2 jabs
Did the rules
As my very good friend RichB was hoping they kept the roadmap promise

They are still fucking about with our lives. When it does end I will be a happy dude.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Fuck me Im watching the tennis and they are sending the crowd out before the match ends. Wtaf.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm Fuck me Im watching the tennis and they are sending the crowd out before the match ends. Wtaf.
Really looking for stuff to be mad at aren’t you :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:09 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm Fuck me Im watching the tennis and they are sending the crowd out before the match ends. Wtaf.
Really looking for stuff to be mad at aren’t you :lol:
No. Ignore my posts, do us both a favour.

How do an outside crowd get more at risk from covid at a certain time of night.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

So now there’s monkeypox in the UK? Is this madness ever going to end?
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Going back to my sport fascination cricket today had a compacted crowd so it's a step forward.

When these new variables never end is when everyone tells them we don't care. I would say the goodwill/compliance has vanished now
GG.

Post by GG. »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... scientist/ This is sure to please Broccers.

It does prove his point somewhat though. As in times of war and crisis, temporary rules become permanent. Fortunately I don't think there is much of a realistic prospect of this.

Interest context behind who she is: “If one of your previous contributors has been a member of a far left party for decades, donated more to the Labour Party under Corbyn than I’ve given to the Tory Party in forty years, was the wife of a former Labour Party special adviser and mother of Labour’s head of complaints, that might have been better than just saying she’s a member of SAGE.”
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Paywall. I assume you subscribe to the Torygraph; got any other links to the story?
GG.

Post by GG. »

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

GG. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am “If one of your previous contributors has been a member of a far left party for decades, donated more to the Labour Party under Corbyn than I’ve given to the Tory Party in forty years, was the wife of a former Labour Party special adviser and mother of Labour’s head of complaints, that might have been better than just saying she’s a member of SAGE.”
That's strange GG - it's not like the far left on the politically spectrum to try to control the population. ;) :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Don’t encourage him Dinny, he’ll start seeing leftist plots everywhere :lol:
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:32 am
GG. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am “If one of your previous contributors has been a member of a far left party for decades, donated more to the Labour Party under Corbyn than I’ve given to the Tory Party in forty years, was the wife of a former Labour Party special adviser and mother of Labour’s head of complaints, that might have been better than just saying she’s a member of SAGE.”
That's strange GG - it's not like the far left on the politically spectrum to try to control the population. ;) :lol:
It is amusing that those on the left view the Tories as authoritarian.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:51 pm Going back to my sport fascination cricket today had a compacted crowd so it's a step forward.
Not sure how it is for the rest of the test, but yesterday was a govt sanctioned experiment whereby they've all agreed to be tested before and then 5 days after. Was bloody great to see and hear a full crowd though when I managed to watch a bit yesterday. The beer cup snake was bloody huge! :-D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 am https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-l ... 7-12326752 post at 6.58 here
With regards to the mask wearing, it's seen as a common courtesy in a lot of Asian countries to wear a mask in public if you're sick. No reason why it shouldn't be the same elsewhere. Except for the fact that it'll almost certainly make people a target for the knuckle draggers who think getting vaccinated is a government control plot.
An absolute unit