Holidaying in the UK v abroad

Broccers

Holidaying in the UK v abroad

Post by Broccers »

I feel for people with kids who have little windows over Summer to get away. Now choosing a caravan near Filey would not be my ideal hols but they have stuff for the little folks - even so - 1400 notes for a static caravan per week before anything else is a shit ton of money.

We're in Ulcinj at the moment and it's so cheap I creamed my tight northerners briefs. Food is lovely and for next to nothing. They are a bit keen on speeding tho around this country which is a slight bummer as the roads are superb.

Anyway might have to leave forever when the country goes down the toilet ;)

Where we all off to this Summer?
JLv3.0

Re: Holidaying in the UK v abroad

Post by JLv3.0 »

Durban for the Sardine Run* on Friday then riding from Durban to Cape Town starting the weekend after. Garden Route etc, should be ok. Unless I get brutally tribe-raped by the natives.

* http://sardinerunsouthafrica.com/sardin ... hotos.html

Anyway shouldn't you be looking to stay in the UK forever under its own sovereignity and fishing or whatever? 😂
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sounds awesome, the holiday not your anal rapage. :lol: :lol:

Happy to live somewhere sunny and cheap where I can speak loudly in english in the coming years. Altho fags are 2 quid 50 here so might smoke myself into an early grave :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Should be spectacular diving - they shared sea space with this chap yesterday, for example:

A motherfucking WHALE.
mik

Post by mik »

We chose staycation this year as rescue dog is still only with us 8 months and we thought putting her into a kennel would totally freak her out (man).

Edit : it’s good you explained what that pic was JL - epic experience I am sure, but I thought it was an image of a storm cloud. :?
Last edited by mik on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Did the Cadiz side of Andalucia again at Conil de la Frontera. Nice place and really cost effective. And until this year few Brits and Krauts. But now Easyjet are doing packages from Stanstead so there was the odd maaaarfy southerner heard.

Hopefully they'll hate the very Spanish food and the fact that very little english is spoken and not go back.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Recent years we’ve been to Madagascar, Sri Lanka, New York.... this year we are going to Torquay!

Should be fun, we’ve got a big cottage on a farm with some mates and their kid.

I don’t fancy flying with the little un quite yet, but we are intent on going to Costa Rica in term time with him within the next few years (we had to cancel our flights to CR a few years back because of the Zika crap, so it owes us).
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm Recent years we’ve been to Madagascar, Sri Lanka, New York.... this year we are going to Torquay!

I don’t fancy flying with the little un quite yet , but we are intent on going to Costa Rica in term time with him within the next few years (we had to cancel our flights to CR a few years back because of the Zika crap, so it owes us).
Any particular reason?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We go away in static caravans all the time. We usually pay around £200 for a week away. For our summer hols we’re paying £400 for a top of the range caravan in Cornwall. The Haven brochure price might be £1400 but no one pays that. Sun Holiday Vouchers and private ‘vans ftw.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm Recent years we’ve been to Madagascar, Sri Lanka, New York.... this year we are going to Torquay!

I don’t fancy flying with the little un quite yet , but we are intent on going to Costa Rica in term time with him within the next few years (we had to cancel our flights to CR a few years back because of the Zika crap, so it owes us).
Any particular reason?
tbh, we’re still having enough trouble, even with all the amenities of home. he’s a proper lively little chap, hates sleep as he’s too interested in everything that’s going on. he won’t (and hasn’t once so far in nine months) just fallen asleep on his own through being tired (except in the car) so the possibility of pacing Up and down the aisles of a plane with him writhing round in my arms to get him to sleep (Or arriving to a total melt down when he’s had none) doesn’t appeal quite yet!

Then again, He might be great on a plane because of the droning noise, and the timings might work out perfectly, but we’ll stick to Torquay this year - it’s the English riviera!!!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm The Haven brochure price might be £1400 but no one pays that. Sun Holiday Vouchers and private ‘vans ftw.
Yes they do. Nics brother has an 80k one at Flamborough head they rent out and people do actually pay that.

Cornwall is the biggest ripoff in recent years and I've been every year more or less forever. Eating out especially lots. I understand why but they don't half milk seasons.

All inclusive places with kids abroad are a better deal imo unless they can't do planes.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:37 pm Should be spectacular diving - they shared sea space with this chap yesterday, for example:

A motherfucking WHALE.
That's AMAZING. Not jealous at all. Nope! Not one bit. Because I saw whales on my last dive too. And when I say whale I mean some little fish about the size of my index finger.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm The Haven brochure price might be £1400 but no one pays that. Sun Holiday Vouchers and private ‘vans ftw.
Yes they do. Nics brother has an 80k one at Flamborough head they rent out and people do actually pay that.

Cornwall is the biggest ripoff in recent years and I've been every year more or less forever. Eating out especially lots. I understand why but they don't half milk seasons.

All inclusive places with kids abroad are a better deal imo unless they can't do planes.
OK, no one sensible actually pays that.

I’d never go all inclusive anywhere. Fuck being forced to eat in the hotel for every meal.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

But they do tho. I was astonished at the ownership costs involved of static vans. The site charge 5k a year for the pitch after you've bought the thing for 70/80 grand depending on spec / view. They then charge 500 a week to manage the letting inc clubhouse pool etc passes. Honestly I don't get it either but they have m2s/4s parked up outside the things and people with money do go there.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Yeah, I’ve got a couple of mates with them. They know we go to a lot and are always suggesting I buy one. I just don’t get it. I don’t want to keep having to go back to the same place for every holiday, never mind the cost and hassle of renting it out to scumbags.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Any particular reason?
tbh, we’re still having enough trouble, even with all the amenities of home. he’s a proper lively little chap, hates sleep as he’s too interested in everything that’s going on. he won’t (and hasn’t once so far in nine months) just fallen asleep on his own through being tired (except in the car) so the possibility of pacing Up and down the aisles of a plane with him writhing round in my arms to get him to sleep (Or arriving to a total melt down when he’s had none) doesn’t appeal quite yet!

Then again, He might be great on a plane because of the droning noise, and the timings might work out perfectly, but we’ll stick to Torquay this year - it’s the English riviera!!!
Fair enough. Ours slept through take off on his first flight (at 1yr old) but that was it. He's worse at 2. The flight home this last time was utter hell. LOTS of noisy agitated kids, which turned to screaming on the bumpy approach back into Manchester. The last 10mins I just wanted it all to end as quickly as possible. And he's a pretty good kid behaviourally :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 pm Yeah, I’ve got a couple of mates with them. They know we go to a lot and are always suggesting I buy one. I just don’t get it. I don’t want to keep having to go back to the same place for every holiday, never mind the cost and hassle of renting it out to scumbags.
Her sister had one in Peebles. I just totally didn’t get it. It offered nothing that staying in your house for the weekend didn’t do better. Less comfy bed. Shitter shower. Tiny kitchen. Shitty small TV. No Sky connection. Zero internet and fuck all phone signal so Netflix was out. The park itself didn’t have much facilities other that a pub and a park - which we’ve got better ones at home. Nah you can keep that.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 pm We chose staycation this year as rescue dog is still only with us 8 months and we thought putting her into a kennel would totally freak her out (man).

Edit : it’s good you explained what that pic was JL - epic experience I am sure, but I thought it was an image of a storm cloud. :?
Same because puppy.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

People who buy static caravans are weird. There’s a massive site in Hythe stretched across a few miles. In front of it is a 40-50 mph main road. In front of that is a 8 metre grass bank and finally at the seaside there’s a very large military firing range. Which is active most days.

Every time the weather is slightly warm and sunny all the idiots who own them rush back causing a 30 min traffic jam. Spend all day lying in a lounger looking out across the view of the main road/grass bank. Until lunch or dinner time where they trundle to one of the terrible food establishments in Dymchurch and then entertain their sprogs at the godawful “Amusement Park”.

The price for this slice of heaven? £99,000 but I’ve seen them advertising upwards of £120,000. That kind of money would buy you a lot of actual nice holidays. The people who frequent them don’t seem normal either, bit like travellers who have decided to settle down as the farmer puts it. Whenever they’re round there’s constant police visits to the pubs and the surrounding area looks like a tip.
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm

I don’t fancy flying with the little un quite yet, but we are intent on going to Costa Rica in term time with him within the next few years (we had to cancel our flights to CR a few years back because of the Zika crap, so it owes us).
Costa Rica is beautiful - the retirement plan of me and a mate is to buy a big house there with plenty of space to park toys out front, and be the creepy old guys trying to hump young Latina chicks until our hearts give out 😂