Your fleet running reports

Foz

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Foz »

I would be wanting 30k+ for mine, only spent about 11 grand on it in the past 12m 😂
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

GG. wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:51 am I think everything is going crazy/inflation running rampant as a result of lockdown lifting, rock bottom interest/finance rates and lots of saved cash sloshing around in people's pockets.

We've basically now had to can our kitchen renovation works as it is simply impossible to find a builder to do the works. No-one even responds!
My brother has been tracking s2000 prices for the past few months. Someone with a low miles 2005 car sold this week for 20k. He’s happy that his slightly higher miles newer car is now over 15k. Not bad considering that about. 6 years ago it would have been worth less than 10.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:18 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:48 am The 3.4 996 models have gone from 10k to around 15k on the normal sites aswell. That’s for a 3.4 manual coupe.
A 3.4 manual coupe ? I think I've got one of those somewhere.

Are people still frothy about cable throttles too ?
If you could have it ready in 6 to 12 months, with knackered air-con and a noisy PS pump that would be perfect for me thanks.

Old out yer and etc etc

Dave!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 pm If you could have it ready in 6 to 12 months, with knackered air-con and a noisy PS pump that would be perfect for me thanks.

Old out yer and etc etc

Dave!
Don't worry, I'm *miles* ahead of you on the AC. It's never worked in the whole time I've had the car.... which will ten years this autumn :shock:

PAS is working fine though. Is that a deal breaker ?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:46 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 pm If you could have it ready in 6 to 12 months, with knackered air-con and a noisy PS pump that would be perfect for me thanks.

Old out yer and etc etc

Dave!
Don't worry, I'm *miles* ahead of you on the AC. It's never worked in the whole time I've had the car.... which will ten years this autumn :shock:

PAS is working fine though. Is that a deal breaker ?
Well when you sell it to me for £10,000 I’m ripping it out to fit an electric pump so no. I would even let you keep it for reminiscing over.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm ...I’m ripping it out to fit an electric pump...
Really ? I've not actually tried it but it'd probably be fine with no PAS at all. There's hardly any weight over the front wheels.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Supposedly you need to mess around with the geometry and rack itself if you remove it completely. I want to make a mini GT3 by removing lots of weight and I can’t afford a proper one.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:06 pm...I can’t afford a proper one.
And neither can I if mine's only worth £10k ;)

Have you driven any 911s ? They're definitely different to other cars and not everyone likes it.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I drove a green 996 Tiptronic convertible and really enjoyed it, a 996 coupe manual can only be better, especially stripped as much as is practical.

Dave!
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Buy Steve's crashed one for £10k!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Went to replace the trim piece that flew off the windscreen surround on the Galaxy. Annoyingly the replacement I'd bought had been mangled in transport, so seller is sending out a new one. On the positive it comes with all clips fitted, so should be easy to fit.

I'd also booked a valeting guy to give it a ruddy good clean and machine polish. He's cancelled due to the weather, but not before I'd emptied it of everything, taken the kids' seats out and whatnot.

Zoe is being collected next Thursday to be repaired.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Well, new ABS sensor and reluctor ring as it had swollen and skelped the senor, new front spring and rear brake shoes and then all good.

Nice that my home diagnosis was accurate and thankfully nothing too expensive either.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

drcarlos wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:59 pm
GG. wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:51 am I think everything is going crazy/inflation running rampant as a result of lockdown lifting, rock bottom interest/finance rates and lots of saved cash sloshing around in people's pockets.

We've basically now had to can our kitchen renovation works as it is simply impossible to find a builder to do the works. No-one even responds!
My brother has been tracking s2000 prices for the past few months. Someone with a low miles 2005 car sold this week for 20k. He’s happy that his slightly higher miles newer car is now over 15k. Not bad considering that about. 6 years ago it would have been worth less than 10.
Prices for anything mildly interesting have gone bonkers in the last 12 months :( :evil:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mr_jon wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:18 pm Buy Steve's crashed one for £10k!
Crashed AND badly repaired. Don’t undersell it here :)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Coaster1 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 am
drcarlos wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:59 pm

Prices for anything mildly interesting have gone bonkers in the last 12 months :( :evil:
Prices for anything, even dull crap have either stayed the same or gone up, it’s mental.
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Even my Scirocco is with the same as a year ago!
John

Post by John »

Used van prices make car prices look quite reasonable.
tim

Post by tim »

So I thought I'd try and find an annoying rattle that appeared a couple of weeks ago. It sounded like it was somewhere in the dash, left of centre.

Not too hard to get the trim off and the radio/hvac controls out, and I discovered someone had previously had radio out and not bothered to replace the screws. Luckily the wood trim piece keeps it all in place anyway, and this isn't the source of any noise.

I have not cured it, but I have found it, of sorts. If I get my hand in the left side of the where the hvac controls were and pull, the merest hint of pressure causes the noise. It sounds very much like metal on metal. It wil also do it if you apply upwards pressure to the bottom edge of the centre console int the footwell. I could not find where it's happening though. I think I'm going to have to have the whole centre console out.

Did manage to do an oil and filter change as well though, so that's the final piece of engine bay maintenance done for now.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:14 pm I drove a green 996 Tiptronic convertible
Was it also a C4 ?

If you're going to miss the point of a 911 by cutting the roof off and giving it a slushbox, you may as well go the whole hog and make it a 4x4 too 8-)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:59 am
V8Granite wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:14 pm I drove a green 996 Tiptronic convertible
Was it also a C4 ?

If you're going to miss the point of a 911 by cutting the roof off and giving it a slushbox, you may as well go the whole hog and make it a 4x4 too 8-)
Luckily it wasn’t a C4!!

I’ve also driven a 997 C2S but didn’t like that one, it was vastly overtyred.

Dave!