F-Type

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

F-Type

Post by Matty »

I'm getting impatient waiting for an Evora that ticks my boxes. I'm also looking at S3 Elise's ('cause I'm quite missing mine already and they're my safe-space) but I've also been looking at F-Types (the V6S, I can't stretch to V8's)

Any good?
McSwede

Re: F-Type

Post by McSwede »

Pretty cars but too noisy. Every time I see one in town they just seem to be making lots of noise just for the sake of it. Great if you're giving it death out on the open road but not when your pottering through town in traffic. Very heavy IIRC and a tiny useless boot.

In comparison to an Exige/Elise it's like comparing a cleaver to a scalpel :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

I drove one round knockhill. Was great.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I would however in no way have one instead of a V6 exige.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

scotta wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm I would however in no way have one instead of a V6 exige.
This, I’ve never driven either but they are surely not comparable?
Matty

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm I would however in no way have one instead of a V6 exige.
Neither would I, but an F is £30k base, V6 Exige is almost £38k. And I'd have to have a roadster. And no, the £35k one at Oakmere isn't an option, it doesn't have AC and it's Yellow.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

A heavyweight V8 GT for about £30k ? You need a Vantage. Much classier than the Jag.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Matty wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:32 pm
Neither would I, but an F is £30k base, V6 Exige is almost £38k. And I'd have to have a roadster. And no, the £35k one at Oakmere isn't an option, it doesn't have AC and it's Yellow.
I bet you’d get the £8k back and more when it comes to selling.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Tried a friend's V6s. If you don't want the histrionics, get the switchable exhaust, like his has. It's surprisingly firm and also pretty cosy inside. I think they look fab still but colour depending. Get a warranty.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I borrowed a convertible V6S for the weekend before my mum bought her SLC 🙄. It has a small cabin, the boot was stoopidly small and heavy steering (which is unusual for a Jag); infact it felt heavy all over, but it sounds great, looks good and there are plenty about. I like them.
Cheers,

Ian
Matty

Post by Matty »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:21 pm.

I bet you’d get the £8k back and more when it comes to selling.
Oh I don't doubt it.

I genuinely struggle to look past the Lotus stable for a second car, the Elise especially. Huge fun, dirt cheap to run, tiny depreciation and easy to sell on. That being said, finding that extra £8k is the tricky part :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

To be honest I've be working with my injured hand over the last year and have a lot of strength back in it, I keep leaning towards an Elise etc when the time comes to replace the 4 Series.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Got to be worth a test drive Matty. Always think they're like modern TVRs that actually work :mrgreen:
mik

Post by mik »

You have to be patient to get the right spec Evora or ExigeS3.

I think the f-type coupe looks awesone, but they arent lightweight, and most are autos.... booo.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

When I had the Z4M they had just been released and I remember thinking I could genuinely see me getting one in a few years once they’d depreciated. Then I got the Evora and it was game over for any notion of a Jag at that point.

Familiarity has blunted them a little bit for me, but I do still like them. My boss had a V6S and it sounded rude (albeit in a manufactured manner).

Mik’s right about the specs on Lotuses. I was looking at Exiges for about 6 months before mine popped up. I still think Nightfall Blue is best colour for them and it’s rare as hens teeth.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Matt enjoyed his SLK55 - I bet he’d like an F-Type. It would obviously have to be the V8 though, and being a Jag it’ll be worth £5k in a couple of years so that’s when to buy.
mik

Post by mik »

Maurice wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Mik’s right about the specs on Lotuses. I was looking at Exiges for about 6 months before mine popped up.

5 months for me
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 pm
Maurice wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Mik’s right about the specs on Lotuses. I was looking at Exiges for about 6 months before mine popped up.

5 months for me
Years at Elise’s!
Matty

Post by Matty »

I can't wait 5-6 months. They money is burning a hole...I'm just not that patient. Which I suppose is the reason for this thread.
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:46 pm Matt enjoyed his SLK55 - I bet he’d like an F-Type. It would obviously have to be the V8 though, and being a Jag it’ll be worth £5k in a couple of years so that’s when to buy.
I reckon I would, I do like lazy motoring. However, most have said that once they've driven the V8, there's no looking back. Oddly, an ex has just bought an F-type. Looks like a pauper V6 one, so I'll have to make sure is better than hers and break my no-FB posting policy.
mik

Post by mik »

I dont perceive the V6 as the poverty spec : that honour is reserved for the 4-hooter. :evil: