Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bristol is here. Just the one. I don’t have a pair of Bristols :shock:

Cayenne tow car review - not as good as the Touareg.

Bristol old car review - there is no chuffin’way that engine puts out the claimed 375bhp :lol: :lol: Otherwise it’s old car all over.

9DA4651C-FA7B-497F-B547-A47F7B5ADBB3.jpeg
9DA4651C-FA7B-497F-B547-A47F7B5ADBB3.jpeg (134.19 KiB) Viewed 1429 times

I’m now off for a spin in the Vantage, which IS (dyno proven) 380 bhp.
John

Post by John »

Oil and filter changed on the Panda. The sump guard has to be removed to get to the drain plug and once off I decided it needed a quick coat of black hammerite. It was surprisingly rusty in places so summoned the other half to paint it :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 pm
Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm Shouldn't need new arms so soon, how many miles has it got?

My mates new Model 3 arrived with water in all the rear lights and a bumper scuff
Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:58 pm Tesla get a lot of shit for bad service but my dad went earlier today to their service centre to order new wipers and cabin filters. He mentioned in passing a new squeak the car has when driving over speed bumps. They ask if they can take a look and take it for a test drive, remove the wheel and say it needs new front control arms but they haven’t got any in stock. At this point they’ve already pulled quite a few bits off the car so they just bring round a Model S and say to come back on Tuesday :lol:
Still, outstanding service.
Close to 30,000.
I’ve never seen a Tesla with good paint, I was walking through the Westfield car park the night before 21 plate cars could be sold, so half the car park was filled with new Tesla’s - all of them looked like they had been polished with sand paper.
This was a center rear bumper scuff, I assume from transport
Real-life Females
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nathan wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 pm
Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm Shouldn't need new arms so soon, how many miles has it got?

My mates new Model 3 arrived with water in all the rear lights and a bumper scuff

Close to 30,000.
I’ve never seen a Tesla with good paint, I was walking through the Westfield car park the night before 21 plate cars could be sold, so half the car park was filled with new Tesla’s - all of them looked like they had been polished with sand paper.
This was a center rear bumper scuff, I assume from transport
I think all 4 corners of my dad’s Model 3 must have been damaged during transport as the whole lower half of the car was resprayed.

Also interesting random fact - I remember reading that Tesla were helping repo agents in America by remotely unlocking cars. My dad took his car to Tesla without the keycard (his iPhone being the key). No problem though, Tesla employee goes in onto their computer, disables his iPhone and then goes back out and drives off without any key. Wonder how good that security will be long term...
How about not having a sig at all?
_andy

Post by _andy »

16vCento wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:10 pm I followed a Model S from home to Skipton earlier.

He booted it once the way cleared upto 1** and i was surprised to find it didn't pull away from me, in fact over 100 I was pulling on it.

Had a dual motor badge on the back and was a 20 plate, no other badges so I'm not sure what spec it was.

Very generic looking thing and it's rear lights were full of water or condensation.
I got a similar impression from the passenger seat of a P90D (or P100D maybe) that my mate had as a loaner whilst they were fixing something on his Model 3, acceleration was good up to a point but seemed to drop off markedly over 90-100mph.

For the Model S/X I think the D stands for dual motor, whilst the P stands for Performance, which is a dual motor as well but with a more powerful rear motor. I thought only the Model 3's had 'Dual Motor' badges on the back but I may be wrong.

They are quite generic looking, kind of like a car in a driving game where they've not licensed an actual 'real' car to appear in it.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

_andy wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:24 pm
16vCento wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:10 pm I followed a Model S from home to Skipton earlier.

He booted it once the way cleared upto 1** and i was surprised to find it didn't pull away from me, in fact over 100 I was pulling on it.

Had a dual motor badge on the back and was a 20 plate, no other badges so I'm not sure what spec it was.

Very generic looking thing and it's rear lights were full of water or condensation.
I got a similar impression from the passenger seat of a P90D (or P100D maybe) that my mate had as a loaner whilst they were fixing something on his Model 3, acceleration was good up to a point but seemed to drop off markedly over 90-100mph.

For the Model S/X I think the D stands for dual motor, whilst the P stands for Performance, which is a dual motor as well but with a more powerful rear motor. I thought only the Model 3's had 'Dual Motor' badges on the back but I may be wrong.

They are quite generic looking, kind of like a car in a driving game where they've not licensed an actual 'real' car to appear in it.
This one definitely had a dual motor badge on the right hand lower tailgate. Was a 2 colour badge.

I suppose I'd be at similar torque but over a bigger range and over 8 gears which may explain it, probably a bit less weight as well!

Still, it surprised me!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Have you done a Xantia write up yet ? Or have I missed it ?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

E36 run up to temperature, cleaned the maf.

Mito got an oil and coolant change, found the engine cover had been rubbing on one of the fuel hoses. A long way from actually going through, but I’ve dremelled out an arch where it was rubbing.

Had planned on fitting the poly insert to the dogbone mount while the undertray was off, but I ran over a deer carcass the other day and can’t be bothered scraping the gunk off it. Will wait until we’ve had some rain 🤣

Had a knock to fix on the polo, looks like the flexi has split so the exhaust is twisting and knocking the rear beam, have done a temp fix on the rear hanger just to keep it pushed over for now.

Been mocking up some brackets to fit a modern slimline fan to the ‘sud. I sat in traffic in the sun yesterday for over an hour and it was fine, but the fan doesn’t really cut in and out. Once it’s running it stays running until you start moving, so don’t think there’s a lot of spare capacity in it.
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:58 pm Have you done a Xantia write up yet ? Or have I missed it ?
No I keep going to the pub instead of cleaning it 😂
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:34 pm Cayenne tow car review - not as good as the Touareg.
Is it just the lack of a V10 diesel?

I have been on holiday with my dad towing a boat many, many times and I’ve owned a couple of cars with tow bars (both my Mercs, oddly). But I’ve never actually towed a trailer. I wish I had a reason to. It’s one of those dad skills.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Running reports:
Merc: just had a service, new front disks and pads. Must take the winter wheels and tyres off.
Jimny: tidied the garage and did two tip runs this weekend so now parked in there to create space on the drive for the Mini. Must replace the radio aerial, I’ve had the new one sitting around for months.
Yeti: boringly perfect though I must go and get the CarPlay enabled, having twice been let down by Heritage Skoda in Gloucester. The dealer principal said he’d sort it but didn’t, so Skoda’s famously good customer service hasn’t been apparent to me.
Glaucoma: one slow puncture, still eats petrol but does its job.
Mini: bought a private plate for it 😂
Simon

Post by Simon »

What year is the Yeti Si, I've forgotten, and what do you mean getting 'carplay enabled'? Is it available in all later cars or do you need a certain head unit etc?

The wife's Yeti is a pre-facelift and I'm pretty sure Carplay wasn't available. It wasn't even optioned with Bluetooth, which I'm happy enough about, as it's one less distraction for her as a relatively new driver.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Foz

Post by Foz »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:34 pm Bristol is here. Just the one. I don’t have a pair of Bristols :shock:

Cayenne tow car review - not as good as the Touareg.

Bristol old car review - there is no chuffin’way that engine puts out the claimed 375bhp :lol: :lol: Otherwise it’s old car all over.

9DA4651C-FA7B-497F-B547-A47F7B5ADBB3.jpeg

I’m now off for a spin in the Vantage, which IS (dyno proven) 380 bhp.
Needs turbos and torque for towing 👍🏼
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I can confirm the Bristol looks and sounds glorious in the metal.

Thanks @Sundayjumper for coming over to help with the Fabia’s non starting issue.

Short version of events. We (as in, the Royal ‘we’) tried loads of stuff but nothing could get it turning over. Noticed no spark being produced. After a briskoda post I found the fuse to the ignition coils had popped. Swapped it with another one and it popped again. So a large pack of fuses are now on order and I need to track down hopefully which coil it is that is causing the problem (shorting out). Hopefully that will fix it rather than it being a different wiring issue.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 pm What year is the Yeti Si, I've forgotten, and what do you mean getting 'carplay enabled'? Is it available in all later cars or do you need a certain head unit etc?

The wife's Yeti is a pre-facelift and I'm pretty sure Carplay wasn't available. It wasn't even optioned with Bluetooth, which I'm happy enough about, as it's one less distraction for her as a relatively new driver.
It’s late 2016; I think only the last couple of model years could have CarPlay enabled on the head unit. Skoda dealers can do it for about £150; despite the fact it’s no doubt a generic VAG head unit I can’t find any way to do it myself. I’ve found an aftermarket chap who can do it for £100 (the proper way, not with an add-on device) but I’m going to use him mainly because the main dealer messed me around, not for the cost saving.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:56 pm Is it just the lack of a V10 diesel?
Pretty much. The Cayenne has more peak power, but less torque, especially low-down, and it's all about the torque when towing. The Touareg would get up to speed, get into top gear and stay there riding the torque. The Cayenne (on yesterday's run down the A3 & back again, cruise set @ 60mph most of the time) was regularly dropping to 5th and even 4th at times. Top gear @ 60mph is around 1600rpm in both.

Touareg: 553 lbft @ 2,000 rpm

Cayenne: 369 lbft @ 3,500 rpm

That's 50% more, at almost half the revs, and much closer to the engine speed you use in normal driving.

But I like the Cayenne and don't want to get rid of it. It's a better drive than the Touareg when you're not towing. I'll have to wait and see how annoying it is when we're back into going to events regularly. Maybe I need a Cayenne Turbo. But for some reason Porsche turbos scare me far more than VW turbos.

Edit - Cayenne Turbo apparently 516 lbft @ 2250-4500 rpm. Still well down on the Touareg.

Edit - Touareg R50: 627 lbft @ 2000 rpm. Better.

Edit - Q7 that I didn't like: 738 lbft @ 1,750–3,250 rpm :shock:
Last edited by Sundayjumper on Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

JonMad wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:38 pm ...nothing could get it turning over.
Clarificarion: it was turning over absolutely fine, but not firing at all, not even a cough.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

We’re you in Sport in the Cayenne ?

In sport mine kicks down to 5th at 60 when towing but in dynamic it only dropped out of 7th when below 60.

Would be nice to be able to lock it in top and just use the torque though, even if it isn’t as efficient.

Dave!
Foz

Post by Foz »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:58 pm
Pretty much. The Cayenne has more peak power, but less torque, especially low-down, and it's all about the torque when towing. The Touareg would get up to speed, get into top gear and stay there riding the torque. The Cayenne (on yesterday's run down the A3 & back again, cruise set @ 60mph most of the time) was regularly dropping to 5th and even 4th at times. Top gear @ 60mph is around 1600rpm in both.

That's 50% more, at almost half the revs, and much closer to the engine speed you use in normal driving.

But I like the Cayenne and don't want to get rid of it. It's a better drive than the Touareg when you're not towing. I'll have to wait and see how annoying it is when we're back into going to events regularly. Maybe I need a Cayenne Turbo. But for some reason Porsche turbos scare me far more than VW turbos.

Edit - Cayenne Turbo apparently 516 lbft @ 2250-4500 rpm. Still well down on the Touareg.

4.2tdi Q7?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Foz wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:38 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:58 pm

4.2tdi Q7?
He briefly had a V12 TDi. Or are you asking about the torque figure for comparison?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away