Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Note to self - euro car parts for MOT fixes, Autodoc for everything else :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 am Note to self - Carparts4less for MOT fixes, Autodoc for everything else :lol:
FTFY
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I ordered coil packs and battery for my Mito on Monday night from carparts4less. Free delivery was 3-4 working days but I got delivery before 9am on Tuesday! Fitted it all just past midnight then drove the car 300 miles on Wednesday. All satisfyingly efficient.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:12 am
Beany wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 am Note to self - Carparts4less for MOT fixes, Autodoc for everything else :lol:
FTFY
Nah, ECP allow delivery to non-billing addresses, and CP4L do not, as I recall - so if I am in a position to get something delivered to the office (which is a thing when the CEO is away) then that's more useful ;)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Unless they've changed it then you recall wrong ;) That would also be surprising given they are one and the same.
Beany

Post by Beany »

It has been a few years, and I discounted using them based on that - I might have to have another look. There was something that ruled them out, certainly...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I usually weigh up the relative ECP/CP4L prices via Quidco or with the latest discount codes. Got my coils fairly cheap that way, and saved quite a few quid a few years ago as well when I was refreshing the chassis.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Good times... oil leak repaired by an indy (£130 v OPC initial look of £200); PASM & ABS working. I can finally start to enjoy the car properly.

Less good times, but expected... need to adjust the timing belt & pads which is an engine-out job. I'll combine that with a new exhaust (which I just need to find now) and will get it serviced too. Going to be an expensive visit but hopefully that's it for the year. I think I said that last year?
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

320d passed its MOT no problem, except the washer jets were blocked. It's a fucker if a job to clean the filter as you have to take half the wing apart to get to it. Last time I asked a garage about it they said it would be an hour to get it apart, so £60 or something. The MOT guy charged £20 to do it - so that's a result I suppose!
scotta

Post by scotta »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:35 pm Had to do a couple of long runs recently in my 318i; I am really fond of the car, perhaps more than I should.

Mpg has gone up to 29.4 now thanks to the long runs, so it’s finally better than what my Integra had achieved under my 10 years ownership (@ 28.5 mpg)

My original plan for my 318i was treat it purely as white goods, run it for a couple years then see whether it’s worth upgrading. But I have truly been bitten by the E90/1 bug. I can’t stop looking at manual 330i on the classified. There was a silver E91 manual with good history for around £4500. Luckily (unluckily) for me the car was located 250 miles away in Cleveland.

RS4 Avants at £15k+ don’t seem to offer much VFM by comparison.
I like driving our 318d it's torquey enough for motorway work and shifting the dogs about. Rides well has plenty kit and is comfy. Its certainly not something to jump in for a blast on a sunny night but its great to pile everyone in and cruise down the motorway. We've had it over 3 years now and have no intention of replacing it.

The standard headlights are however shite....Eh @Rich B ;)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:24 am
On top of Adstone Hill with the Long Mynd visible behind:

Some really fun lanes, some deep ruts and axle twisters so probably the most like the off-road day I did in a quarry in the Forest of Dean for my stag do.
Did someone get stuck in a puddle this time too?

Jimmy approves of the Jimny. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

scotta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm
Coaster1 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:35 pm Had to do a couple of long runs recently in my 318i; I am really fond of the car, perhaps more than I should.

Mpg has gone up to 29.4 now thanks to the long runs, so it’s finally better than what my Integra had achieved under my 10 years ownership (@ 28.5 mpg)

My original plan for my 318i was treat it purely as white goods, run it for a couple years then see whether it’s worth upgrading. But I have truly been bitten by the E90/1 bug. I can’t stop looking at manual 330i on the classified. There was a silver E91 manual with good history for around £4500. Luckily (unluckily) for me the car was located 250 miles away in Cleveland.

RS4 Avants at £15k+ don’t seem to offer much VFM by comparison.
I like driving our 318d it's torquey enough for motorway work and shifting the dogs about. Rides well has plenty kit and is comfy. Its certainly not something to jump in for a blast on a sunny night but its great to pile everyone in and cruise down the motorway. We've had it over 3 years now and have no intention of replacing it.

The standard headlights are however shite....Eh @Rich B ;)
we've had ours 4 years and I still haven't done anything about it though!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

scotta wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm
The standard headlights are however shite
That is definitely a memory I have of the ones I had. Rubbish.
mik

Post by mik »

Had to nip out in the evening this week. Bone dry but 2 DegC showing on the display. Car had come out of the garage at about 9 DegC.

With the MPSS on you'd have had some grip initially, but as the tyres cooled a bit (if you had to park up for a short while for example) they would be rubbish. Very low grip levels, but - crucially - really snappy breakaway. :( Not exactly unreasonable for summers, but not much fun.

I had to park up for 20mins, but once I got going again - the MPS4S found loads of grip. No problem with a couple of full bore overtakes. Very good. 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It is interesting how tyre performance changes with age though. 18 month old PS4S with circa 2.5mm tread on Tesla - pretty poor grip now on anything but perfectly dry roads and massive tyre noise, ride feels harsher. 5 month old PS4S on my 6 series - feels like day 1 still however when comparing it to the month old manufactured PS4S on the M6 the actual rubber feels way harder. The Tesla ones feel like a rock in comparison.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Yep this is also true - which makes it very hard to assess new vs old. Brand new MPSS were also scarey at anything below 5DegC though.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 pm Yep this is also true - which makes it very hard to assess new vs old. Brand new MPSS were also scarey at anything below 5DegC though.
Found that replacing the MPSS on the rear of the 240 was like night and day in winter.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I've really old MPSS on the front of my boxster and thought they would fall apart on the sideways when I tracked them last week. Still look alright and the treads there as well. I've done 10k on them so can't moan. One plus of no weight over the front.
mik

Post by mik »

Don’t get me wrong - above 5DegC Supersports are fecking epic, even in the wet.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Period correct 8-track player procured for the Scimitar. That album didn’t come out until 1978 though, I need to get some stuff from ‘67 ideally. Bowie & Stones will be top of that list.

1F2DCFC0-0619-48DE-9B8E-FDB867329EFC.jpeg
1F2DCFC0-0619-48DE-9B8E-FDB867329EFC.jpeg (133.8 KiB) Viewed 1041 times