Your fleet running reports

Nathan

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Nathan »

:) Fair point ! But the higher bands existed in the first place to discourage drivers from such cars

Richard - you're right, but IMO these sorts of cars just aren't interesting enough to justify the cost. Barely quicker than a TDI
Real-life Females
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 am
GG. wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:51 pm I expect it is vacuum operated? If so then more likely not seized but rather you have a leak on the line.
Vacuum operated, and trust me, it is seized. I've been under there to check. I can't tell if it's the actuator or the butterfly that's seized though. Maybe both.

Seized actuator might explain why the one on my car got stuck closed....

Still haven't drilled the damned thing out - it's seized so badly that smashing the flap with a chisel to try to break it free simply bent the flap :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Nathan wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:42 am
Richard - you're right, but IMO these sorts of cars just aren't interesting enough to justify the cost. Barely quicker than a TDI
I don't agree with that. With modern busy roads these 200-300bhp normally aspirated cars of old are more fun to drive on a weekend run or longway home from the office drive.

Also it sounds odd to a NCG but there's definitely a sense of well being and pride in owning something unusual or a classic.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

The victims of the higher bands are more likely to be the not-quite-special-enough models, I think. At one point (when we were looking to replace the Micra), I was looking at an A4 2.0T Quattro. Was somewhere between a 56 and 08 plate IIRC, but the VED was £565, which put me off. It just wasn't special enough to warrant that extra cost.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Logged back in to mention I sold my Subaru. Was a bit of a whim but something else came up and I needed to move it on.

Thought it would be a mare but it was the easiest sale I'd ever had. Removed the decent Stereo system on Saturday am, posted it for sale on eBay that afternoon. 2 messages that evening and a call on Sunday am from someone asking about a final price, having built in my negotiation room into the advertised price I thought sod it and told them what I wanted, 10 mins later I had another call saying they were leaving and would be there in an hour. They arrived, looked at it and transferred the money and left with it. Not even a test drive.

Sad to see it leave, it was a good car and pretty damn fast (probably closer to 350bhp since the fitting of the large IC and sportcat). I did always feel like I was driving a timebomb though. It never let me down in the 3 years I had it and I enjoyed it, the wife hated it though. My eldest despite not being a car person liked it and will probably get one himself at some point.

Did some totting up, cost price, mods and sale of old parts (selling the old cats netting me about £600 last year after I bought the sportcat) and I made about £300 on it too, so happy days.
mik

Post by mik »

When it’s time, it’s time!

What’s replacing it?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:39 pm When it’s time, it’s time!

What’s replacing it?
Nothing as yet, I've paid a deposit on something but it's complicated and still may not come to fruition, not going to tempt fate yet. It's a good story from my perspective though, so I may do a thread on it.
mik

Post by mik »

Please do. :)
Foz

Post by Foz »

335d update.

The PS4’s are great, grip levels even in the cold and wet are remarkeable, love to know what they are classified at in the good old MSA (motorsport U.K.) blue book regards competition, I would have them as wets any day of the week.

The ride height however is just a bit too low, the splitter has been scraped numerous times, will look into standard non x drive drive springs and flog the H&R’s..

#old 😂

Still not remapped it ether it’s bloody quick as it it is, I really like this car!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Foz wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:36 pm 335d update.

The PS4’s are great, grip levels even in the cold and wet are remarkeable, love to know what they are classified at in the good old MSA (motorsport U.K.) blue book regards competition, I would have them as wets any day of the week.

The ride height however is just a bit too low, the splitter has been scraped numerous times, will look into standard non x drive drive springs and flog the H&R’s..

#old 😂

Still not remapped it ether it’s bloody quick as it it is, I really like this car!
Is there a pic of this beast somewhere?
mik

Post by mik »

The PS4’s are great
PS4S’s
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:00 pm

The PS4’s are great
PS4S’s
Cough... PS4Ss.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Yeah that 😂
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

No pic? @Foz
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

#old 😂

Almost as though BMW knew what they were doing when they jacked up the 335D :D
Real-life Females
Foz

Post by Foz »

:mrgreen:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Took two days off last week to work on the 928. Lost one of them to a dead battery and Halford's incompetence. Second day managed to replace the heater control valve which was slightly fiddly, but pretty straightforward. The old valve had definitely failed as it wouldn't hold any vacuum. It's also fixed the slightly hunty idle when cold which is a bonus. Fixed the wipers/washers - it was simply a blown fuse. Someone had put the wrong size fuse in there (15a instead of 25a). Decided to look at the shift indicator lights only to find that my multimeter had packed up. :evil: So two days to replace a battery, replace a fuse and replace a heater control valve. Not impressed. Next job is to go through all the fuses and check they're all correct, fix the horn and clean the ABS sensors.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Broccers wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:45 pm

#old 😂

Is there a pic of this beast somewhere?
Here you go

_andy

Post by _andy »

Foz, the car looks good 8-)

I've been driving the M135i a bit more in the past few days (the iQ is having the rear bumper repainted, after one of my mums neighbours drove into it whilst it was parked :roll: ) as a result it seems to have changed its mind about the battery being knackered, and the start/stop has started kicking in again, so hopefully that will save me £120. It's nice driving something with a bit of go for a change, but parking it is a PITA even though it's not a 'big' car.

The insurance on the Civic is up for renewal, unfortunately the underwriters now want a roll cage and fixed seats for the competition/track policy I had, so the insurer gave me a quote as a modified car instead which came out at £850 (more than I pay for the M135i and the iQ combined, and more than I paid on the Spazda last time). Needless to say I now need to phone about to try and get something more reasonable.
John

Post by John »

Swinton were very reasonable for my supercharged mx5. Available to quote online too, just tick options on the drop down modifications menu.