IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: It's the weekend

Post by IanF »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am
simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am in a metal tube.
A metal tube, full of farts...
Only at the back...
Cheers,

Ian
Marv

Post by Marv »

simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am
Steve_B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 am
simon_g wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am Flying out to NZ to join the family. So pretty much just catching up on movies in a cramped seat in a metal tube.
Whereabouts in NZ are you going ?
Auckland as usual. Family wedding north of there so going to spend a bit of time afterwards touring Northland.
Make sure you visit the Coromandel Peninsular, was probably my favourite place on the North island (and I spent just over five weeks on the North Island, last year)

As for me, I'll be fitting new pads and discs to the front of the 968 and taking the M3 out for a drive.
Last edited by Marv on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oui, je suis un motard.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

IanF wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Only at the back...
When you need to make up time on a flight do you turn off the a/c and shut the air vents?? :mrgreen:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Today I levelled a 115ton engine to within 0.02mm over 9 metres. So mainly walking around smug.

It’s Bangladesh New Year here tomorrow and I’ve been invited to participate in cockfighting.

https://youtu.be/f0sEOFCIITI

Dave!
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

IanF wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Only at the back...
I am sat in row 26 or 28 on my flight this evening...
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

IanF wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:03 pm Oh, and gotta put a few pounds back on the dogs, they’ve both shed a ridiculous amount this week despite me giving them nearly double their normal calorie intake. Even the Cocker is tired today! (I’ve failed to lose the same weight due every walk ending up at a pub)
Canagans biscuit food is great for popping weight on. We used it on ours when he lost 5kg due to illness.only took him 2 weeks to be back to normal.

Dave!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Off to see my eldest perform "Jungle Book" tonight, after a meal out to celebrate 16 years of my wife putting up with me.

Saturday my eldest has two performances so doubt the rest of us will do too much, may take my son to do something then Sunday a lazy day as my daughter recovers from the hectic rehearsals. Will also watch the F1.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 pm
IanF wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:03 pm Oh, and gotta put a few pounds back on the dogs, they’ve both shed a ridiculous amount this week despite me giving them nearly double their normal calorie intake. Even the Cocker is tired today! (I’ve failed to lose the same weight due every walk ending up at a pub)
Canagans biscuit food is great for popping weight on. We used it on ours when he lost 5kg due to illness.only took him 2 weeks to be back to normal.

Dave!
I’ll have a look. Thanks.
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

Tonight chilling, tomorrow fixing the car (new rear lower arms) and doing some paperwork, followed by cinema and meal out. Sunday paperwork and then prepping for a big presentation on Monday. Joy.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

McSwede wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 pm
When you need to make up time on a flight do you turn off the a/c and shut the air vents?? :mrgreen:
:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers »

Ferry man, kings head or were the walks further afield Ian?

Mow grass, this will be a 3hour job and 2 trips to tip. Then round of Golf with oldest son.
Sunday will be kids football and band practice. I suspect no car stuff.
Brother watched Wonderstuff, Carter USM and Neds atomic dustbin last night....jealous.
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Village Inn in Thurlestone, Hope Cove, South Pool. We’ve covered a fair bit. Did Bigbury to Mothercombe this morning. Having a beer now.
Cheers,

Ian
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

On Saturday we've got a whodunit murder mystery event around Gloucester.

My mum is hosting my oldest sons' 13th birthday party on Sunday.

I've also got a kitchen to finish building and I want to watch the F1 at some point.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Picking up our daughter’s new bike tomorrow. She’s ever so slightly excited. Other than that, just chillin’ before returning to the office on Monday. Been off for a week.
Beany

Post by Beany »

In an interesting twist to the day, a colleague in the office was arrested today, rumour mill suggests for child sex offences.

On the flipside, he had a psycho ex, so I'm not making assumptions.

So that's odd, at best.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was supposed to be going through to Edinburgh to work on a car today but I got shitfaced at a party last night and I’m so hungover I can barely stand.

Spending the day moping about on the couch it is.
An absolute unit
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Stuck in a datacentre since 7:30 this morning for a weekend change and likely to be here til midnight. I have very little work to do so I'm going to binge Sopranos and Netflix and eat.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nice end to the weekend - recently the better halves cat (Jimmy) went for a long walk and never came back, some six weeks ago now. :cry:

Today, took the missus to a foster cat home to have a look at a lovely, chilled out one year old ex stray.

So hopefully she will have fun kitty times again soon. Just need to find a good People Name for this wee thing :)

Cat Foster Lady also had a big fluffy marmalade boy, and a little wee very short haired siamese thing that was a not too chatty (although by far the most vocal of the ones we saw), but she was extremely chilled out. Go to stroke her chin and she just laid her head on your finger and closed her eyes - very trusting.

We could have had all of them, but one at a time methinks (plan is to get two cats eventually).

I've been thinking about getting a cat myself, but as I spend almost every weekend at the missus's, that's not realistic. Hence why she's happy to let me help her on the hunt for kittys. And pay the admin fee for rehoming (around £100 to cover vets fees for spaying, innoculations, microchipping etc) which is fine if I get to spoil them when I'm down there :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

IanF wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:17 pm Village Inn in Thurlestone, Hope Cove, South Pool. We’ve covered a fair bit. Did Bigbury to Mothercombe this morning. Having a beer now.
Coast path or just driving between eateries? :D

My garden looks a shitload better than it did last week. Also managed to make the spare room properly usable (by more than 3 cats) and hang the pictures which have been sitting around for 9 months.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany. Just to make sure it’s clear - You do not need a cat.