Elise, Exige & Evora

McSwede

Re: Elise, Exige & Evora

Post by McSwede »

Autoexpress it's rubbish. I hate how they do that nonsense and it's why I haven't read it in years.

The rear looks hideous too.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Putting wet nellies number plate on it doesn't distract from the back looking like it has Senator Palpatine's eyes after a heavy night.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Too boxy around the rear lights but other than that I think it looks great
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Autoexpress renders are hilarious, I imagine they just ask the work experience kid each week to come up with them. Annoyingly they actually delete all the articles featuring the renders once the final cars are actually produced to try to cover up their sins but a quick google brings up some gems.

BMW M2

Aventador

How about not having a sig at all?
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

They've still got my favourite online, the new Ferrari Dino which Auto Express 'can exclusively reveal.'
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ferrari/2 ... 0-dino?amp

Looks familiar :lol:

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That’s great :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Their defender was just some new (GTR?) light blocks stuck into the then current range with a rounded roofline

mik

Post by mik »

“Final Edition” models announced for Elise & Exige

https://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk/sav ... tion-cars/
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Foz

Post by Foz »

Enjoyed that.

Goes off to look at V6 exige :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:02 pm
I can hear Dan moaning about the weight from here, but that's a lovely product innit. Like the new screen. Not more than two Stack dials though admittedly, but I'm a luddite at heart ;)
dan

Post by dan »

I've got a 1.6 toyota engined club racer in at the moment and its lovely actually, not exactly fast but just a nice car. I imagine the latest ones are great, much like the V6's, they won't feel like a stripped out honda S1 but then nothing will, plus they're proper cars that you can take back to the dealer when they break :lol:

The V6's make lovely road cars, unless you've already got a 911.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I really like the ‘final edition’ Elise. 8-)

New one from Leno:

Gen2’s look has really grown on me. The side profile looks great and red suits the car. V6 sounds awesome too (but then I like most V6s). Leno loves the car. I would quite like one.

@mik check out 0:53 :D
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

After having the Evora I said I'd never have another Elise.....but then I watch the Carfection vid and think "I need another Elise"

45k though.
mik

Post by mik »

@Coaster1 ooh teh German laydees. 😎
mik

Post by mik »

So the rumour on Loltus Street is that - unlike Elise & Exige - there will be no Final Edition for the Evora.

Apparently there are parts to make around 100 more cars that are all earmarked for US and China. Deposits that a handful of Ozzie customers had put down were allegedly refunded this week...

More news. As it happens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Lots of chat on the lotus forums about folk ordering their FE cars and choosing the spec. Cup 250 allocations now full.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

So the Type 131 "Emira" is offering a (Volvo?) i4+DSG and the Toyota V6 + torque converter auto or manual, of greater or lesser carryover hardware depending on your current level of Lotus cyniscism.

But whatever the spec In trying to be all things to everyone I fear that'll end up a confused mess.

At least in the latest previews the matte black Evija prototype looks damn cool.
mik

Post by mik »

Don’t like the name, don’t want a 4-banger, and don’t think the market will look kindly on them dropping the existing V6 into a new shell. Whilst it’s a great engine, and development over the years has been consistent, it is far from cutting edge now. :?

Edit: to clarify - don’t want a 4-banger unless it is in a lighter Elise-esque version. I am a bit surprised to see that the replacement for Elise, Exige and Evora appears to be a single model..... which I am struggling to get my head around. :?
Last edited by mik on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scotta

Post by scotta »

RobYob wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 pm So the Type 131 "Emira" is offering a (Volvo?) i4+DSG and the Toyota V6 + torque converter auto or manual, of greater or lesser carryover hardware depending on your current level of Lotus cyniscism.

But whatever the spec In trying to be all things to everyone I fear that'll end up a confused mess.

At least in the latest previews the matte black Evija prototype looks damn cool.
I had thought the Renault unit from the Alpine would be a high probability based on their hookup with Alpine. And the Yota V6 does sound like a possibility.