Decent Recent TV

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:00 pm You have noticed the fact that there's a baby fucking Yoda in there, yeah? That's the background arc.

I think we've established that RichB is not to be trusted on telly.
a baby yoda that's been chucked in an actual cupboard for 1 1/2 seasons, seemingly forgotten. He only actually did something vaguely interesting last episode!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just seen the new Grand Tour special. Enjoyed it. Not suitable for most of you boring cunts as there’s some swear words in it 😉
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

I liked it too. Hammond's choice was crazy and I really want that Bentley.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
tim

Post by tim »

I watched it and for the first time was very "meh" about the whole thing.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Simon wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:04 am I liked it too. Hammond's choice was crazy and I really want that Bentley.
Clarkson liked it so much that he uses it round his farm shop now. Mind you he’s probably the only one that enjoyed that trip :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Whole family enjoyed The Grand Tour. They really are so good at what they do and these occasional specials suit them down to the ground.

Re The Mandalorian, they've got quite a few big plot threads started this season, any one of which they could pick up on. I don't understand the comments about Baby Yoda being hidden away, he's the main motivation for Mando all along and getting him to a Jedi has been what's been driving most of the episodes. Plus, he's a baby, so I'm not sure what people were expecting him to do? He's not going to suddenly go full Yoda and start wielding a lightsaber?

The Mandalorian was one of the most fun series I've seen in many years. Does exactly what you want from that sort of show and I've yet to find someone who didn't like it, regardless of whether or not they were a Star Wars fan.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:08 am
Simon wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:04 am I liked it too. Hammond's choice was crazy and I really want that Bentley.
Clarkson liked it so much that he uses it round his farm shop now. Mind you he’s probably the only one that enjoyed that trip :lol:
Yes it was spotted on his farm but apparently it's now back at Crewe and likely to be cubbed because it was a development vehicle.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Hope you all watched the Madalorian past the end credits, best get it back on if not...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Simon wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:22 am
Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:08 am
Yes it was spotted on his farm but apparently it's now back at Crewe and likely to be cubbed because it was a development vehicle.
odd that a 2014 very standard looking one is a development model?

I've watched the first half - I've enjoyed it but mainly reminiscing on my trip across Madagascar.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hang on a dang minute. How are Mclaren getting away with selling development mules to the public then?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Quite enjoyed TGT, some actual lol moments.

On to Mando, I thought the final ep a bit stilted and a bit obvious. The goodbye between Mando and BY was a bit drawn out and Sackhoff is a horrible actress...but on the whole it was OK telly; I certainly wouldn't pay for it.
tim

Post by tim »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:05 pm Hang on a dang minute. How are Mclaren getting away with selling development mules to the public then?
Yes those McLaren Continental GTs are bloody everywhere.
tim

Post by tim »

Anyone watching the batshit mental S3 of Tin Star?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:05 pm Hang on a dang minute. How are Mclaren getting away with selling development mules to the public then?
Stay of the sauce David.. :D

I doubt they sold it to TGT. More likely 'leant' or whatever. 'DA64 UXE'. Look here. Hasn't changed hands since 2015. Hasn't been taxed since the start of this year. 0g emissions. SORN.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Erm I’m on about Mclaren and it wasn’t a typo. I remember when they annoyed P1 customers by saying there would only be 300 cars but ended up selling an additional 5 prototypes/mules too before then adding P1 GTRs on that figure.
Of course they were ground up rebuilds but the chassis number and status with the DVLA would remain the same Shirley?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.roa ... -for-sale/
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's a tax thing normally. To reclaim the VAT on the development cars the cars have to be scrapped, not sold.

And then it's a liability thing. Manufacturers usually don't want 'development' parts out in the wild because they can't be guaranteed.

Perhaps McLaren don't care so much about the later if they're proper ground up rebuilds.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

In which case the Grand Tour blog post is incorrect saying “word came from the DVLA” - more likely that word came from Bentley who wanted to reclaim their VAT 😂

You would have thought it would be worth the advertising eh.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

No mention of the first 3 episodes of The Expanse?

Loving it so far.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Matty wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:15 pm No mention of the first 3 episodes of The Expanse?

Loving it so far.
Only had time to watch episode 1 but it's looking awesome I agree.