Aston Martin’s Mercedes Deal & Q3 2020 Results

SSO

Aston Martin’s Mercedes Deal & Q3 2020 Results

Post by SSO »

I just posted up a new blog on Aston Martin’s Mercedes Deal & Q3 2020 Results:

https://karenable.com/aston-martins-mer ... 0-results/

The Mercedes deal is a win-win...........for Mercedes.

Jury still out on if the DBX will be a success.

Comments?
RobYob

Re: Aston Martin’s Mercedes Deal & Q3 2020 Results

Post by RobYob »

Interesting stuff and it does look pretty low risk to Mercedes.

As for over capacity I wonder if AML would like to sell the Gaydon production site (alhough they've missed the opportunity of a flush JLR paying top dollar) and move to Wales leaving development and a nominal HQ down the road at Wellesbourne or North to MIRA.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

As regards the DBX I'm a little indifferent towards very fast 4x4s. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why until I was following a tatty old Disco the other day. On the back was a sticker stating 'You can go fast, but I can go anywhere', which kind of sums it up really. The DBX will surely not be anyone's only vehicle, and something fast and low will always be more fun.

Horses for courses I say, and the DBX is a shire horse with a racing saddle on it! :D
SSO

Post by SSO »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 pm As regards the DBX I'm a little indifferent towards very fast 4x4s. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why until I was following a tatty old Disco the other day. On the back was a sticker stating 'You can go fast, but I can go anywhere', which kind of sums it up really. The DBX will surely not be anyone's only vehicle, and something fast and low will always be more fun.

Horses for courses I say, and the DBX is a shire horse with a racing saddle on it! :D
I would tend to agree, I had a friend call the DBX an OX with a saddle.

On the Disco, they can go anywhere, I doubt the DBX really can or any owner would even try.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:44 pm Interesting stuff and it does look pretty low risk to Mercedes.

As for over capacity I wonder if AML would like to sell the Gaydon production site (alhough they've missed the opportunity of a flush JLR paying top dollar) and move to Wales leaving development and a nominal HQ down the road at Wellesbourne or North to MIRA.
I think the market for car production sites is only slightly stronger than the one for wooden warships.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

SSO wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:36 pm
Don't see Mercedes acquiring AML, it doesn't help them in any way, its just a distraction...

...The Mercedes deal is a win-win...........for Mercedes.
What happened in the middle of those two opinions?
SSO

Post by SSO »

Rich B wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm
SSO wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:36 pm
Don't see Mercedes acquiring AML, it doesn't help them in any way, its just a distraction...

...The Mercedes deal is a win-win...........for Mercedes.
What happened in the middle of those two opinions?
current AML shareholders got diluted again.