Electric Westfield build diary

Nefarious

Electric Westfield build diary

Post by Nefarious »

Original build diary for the MegaWatt Westfield. Mind bending power to weight figures...

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/12 ... -megawatt/

To underline the accelerative power, here's a drag race against a fully TC'd Hayabusa Turbo Westfield (back when the electric one had only 450hp)

I'm off to browse the salvage auctions for Cat C Teslas ;)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
mik

Re: Electric Westfield build diary

Post by mik »

Impressive.

I was about to bemoan the fact it’s so drag-biased when I saw this vid. Clearly nimble too.

Sadly bwarpless. :(

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Lunchtime reading sorted, ta 8-)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I expect something home broo'd by you by christmas and your good lady wondering why you have 2 washing machines that don't work in the house.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:20 am I expect something home broo'd by you by christmas and your good lady wondering why you have 2 washing machines that don't work in the house.
Funnily enough, I've been chatting to my auto-locksmith mate (who gets his security software crack and hacks from various err-hem "grey" market sources) about ways of controlling the Tesla software (end users are currently locked out) - I reckon with some wiring mods and enhanced battery cooling you could significantly up the draw rate without drifting too far into the danger zone.
Sadly, things are still a bit expensive to just mess around with it for shits and giggles...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

That thread is great. Sounds like some life messing about with cars in Barbados!

Shame it's not been updated recently.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nefarious wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:20 am I expect something home broo'd by you by christmas and your good lady wondering why you have 2 washing machines that don't work in the house.
Funnily enough, I've been chatting to my auto-locksmith mate (who gets his security software crack and hacks from various err-hem "grey" market sources) about ways of controlling the Tesla software (end users are currently locked out) - I reckon with some wiring mods and enhanced battery cooling you could significantly up the draw rate without drifting too far into the danger zone.
Sadly, things are still a bit expensive to just mess around with it for shits and giggles...
People are already doing fun stuff with Tesla gubbins. I love this gasser style Honda Accord :lol:

An absolute unit
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I think this chap used a Tesla motor in his TR6, and looks like he's now formed a company doing it.
https://www.instagram.com/theroadwarrior_22/
Left over crest; tightens.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I've not read the thread yet but in a comment on one of the vids he said it weighed 20-25kg more than when ice powered and they's seen where they could save 10-15kg; I didn't expect that! 8-)
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

As I understand it, people rip the motors, battery packs etc out of Teslas, but then use aftermarket controllers/ECUs etc to run them. Tesla are super strict on control of their ECUs - partly so there isn't a load of bad press from people blowing themselves up, but also to enforce the model hiarachy.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I for one welcome our new EV overlords 8-)

Looks like ace fun.