No F1 thread?

duncs500

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by duncs500 »

I don't mind what happens as long as Stroll doesn't win. :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He’s the only Mercedes engined car in the top 7 and there wasn’t much overtaking in the first half the the race. I’d say unless he fucks it then he’s very much on for a win!
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Standing start though isn't it? Plenty of scope to fuck that up...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He fucked it 😂
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Sainz so unlucky.
M235i
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Happy for Gasly, he drove well.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Time Bottas and Albion get sacked.
M235i
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bottas better have had massive damage on his car as that was an awful race for him.

Gasly amazing again, hopefully he can move to a better team other than Red Bull as it seems to be a career killer unless your name is Verstappen.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, that's fair enough. You'd think some of the other teams might start looking at him, he's having a good season.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Enjoyed that race. Gasley won that from his early pit stop before the safety car bringing him right up the grid, strategy spot on and a good drive from him.

McLarens pace should give hope to Williams, they’re proof you can come back from nothing

Lewis proved you could overtake in the Mercedes so as said unless bottas’s car has serious damage he needs to get gone
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Also was good to see Charles walk away from that crash, looked very nasty
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Hmm I watched the qualifying highlights on Sky yesterday for the first time in years. A spark of interest raised based on what I was watching as I couldn’t immediately understand why Ferrari is evidently so shit these days (I’ve not watched any F1 during the modern hybrid era) plus there’s all this stuff about Williams. And then I saw pink cars FFS!

So, watched qualy, and have just read the race report so will watch the race highlights at 6pm on Sky. Still think the cars look shit but reckon I’ll try to get back into it. Which means gonna spend some time reading up on the rule changes of recent years and play catch-up :)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I enjoyed that race.

Just saw that Renault with be known as Alpine from next season.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Can somebody please explain or draw some context around the rule which resulted in those penalties during the race because drivers didn’t leave a car width to the edge of the track?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You need to leave your competitor a cars width once they draw alongside you (that is when their front wing gets in line with your rear axle) - it’s not a particularly new rule.

Ferrari are shit because they spent 2 years fiddling with fuel flow sensors to cheat the system and now have a crap car with inefficient aero and a crap engine.

Horner continues to complain about everything.

That’s about all that has happened since the turbo hybrid era began.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Can anyone else but Lazenby and, just about, Brundle - pronounce ‘formula’ properly.

Seems to be that Formoola is now the default. I believe I even heard Crofty say Amboolance at one point recently. Jenson Button just the same.

Weird speech impediment that, seemingly, most people have these days. No idea why as it really isn’t hard to pronounce the ‘you’ in the middle - just laziness really and really grates after a while.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Crofty was more irritating than usual today which I thought impossible. He has this agenda of reverse grid qualifying which he tries to push each race and did it about 6 times today :roll:
Also the number of mistakes he makes...

On mispronunciations the worst sinner IMO is Miserable Paul with his MERSHAYDEEZ. Fucking learn to pronounce it right lad.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yep Crofty made a couple of howlers. Not sure how helpful it is to have a commentator saying stuff you can see is plain wrong just be looking at the screen in front of you.

I also agree, listening to Di Resta makes me want to poke hot sharp implements into my eyes. To be honest I’d keep Brundle, Lazenby and Pinkham and sack the rest.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

GG. wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:53 pm I also agree, listening to Di Resta makes me want to poke hot sharp implements into my eyes. To be honest I’d keep Brundle, Lazenby and Pinkham and sack the rest.
Where's Anthony Davidson? He's good on the analysis side. I also like Karun and Ted.

When are Sky going to offer Crazy Dave a contract? Be great to reunite him with Brundle.
Marv

Post by Marv »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:40 am
GG. wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:53 pm I also agree, listening to Di Resta makes me want to poke hot sharp implements into my eyes. To be honest I’d keep Brundle, Lazenby and Pinkham and sack the rest.
Where's Anthony Davidson? He's good on the analysis side. I also like Karun and Ted.

When are Sky going to offer Crazy Dave a contract? Be great to reunite him with Brundle.
Dunno. Whisper Films who create the F1 programme for Channel 4, is owned by DC and Channel 4 (and others)

So it'd be an interesting set of circumstances for that to happen (though you never know)
Oui, je suis un motard.