Harry’s Garage

V8Granite

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:08 am
JonMad wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am Excellent on road, great on track, decent off road. Maybe a bit wide for some of Jobbo's lanes though.
Yeah, don't want to scratch the £8k paint job... but wait, what's that on the configurator? Paint protection film as standard?! :shock: :D :D :D
It’s ok, the body is still narrower than a Defender so you can get past them :lol:

Dave!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Watch out for bow waves though.
Left over crest; tightens.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Anyone else suspicious of the things Harry was effusing over ?

Door/ bonet hinges and rubber seal strips are also seen on non £190k cars
Real-life Females
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm Anyone else suspicious of the things Harry was effusing over ?

i think the point was that they'd not just applied what they know about sports cars and left it that, instead they'd made the effort to thoroughly understand the SUV market too.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Nah
Real-life Females
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It does look like the things which make a RR a whole
League ahead of similar cars, GL, Cayenne, Q7 etc off road that Aston have taken into account.

The air inlet though is a pretty big snafoo but was probably a bigger job to fix than it appears.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Rich B wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm
Nathan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm Anyone else suspicious of the things Harry was effusing over ?

i think the point was that they'd not just applied what they know about sports cars and left it that, instead they'd made the effort to thoroughly understand the SUV market too.
Yeah but my old Mk4 Mondeo had them too. In fact it was a regular failure point as peoples feet used to catch it getting out the car and break the little clips that held it in place. Taxi drivers used to get through hundreds of those clips.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:30 pm It does look like the things which make a RR a whole
League ahead of similar cars, GL, Cayenne, Q7 etc off road that Aston have taken into account.

The air inlet though is a pretty big snafoo but was probably a bigger job to fix than it appears.

Dave!
I wonder if they buy the engine as a crate unit and are advised not to mess with it.

I’d guess the turbo placement makes intake routing tricky as well.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Yeah but my old Mk4 Mondeo had them too. In fact it was a regular failure point as peoples feet used to catch it getting out the car and break the little clips that held it in place. Taxi drivers used to get through hundreds of those clips.
Did it? I never noticed that at all on mine! :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Harry’s surprise at gas strut in the door hinge - I’d fecking want it to open and close automatically for £200k :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Richard

Post by Richard »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:30 pm Harry’s surprise at gas strut in the door hinge - I’d fecking want it to open and close automatically for £200k :lol:
I think it's an unusual looking hinge because they do that swan thing that astons do, even at the back
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Love it. Is there a better looking SUV? Especially loved the airy interior, reminded me of a open deck on a boat, which is probably intentional.

I'd still have a yellow Urus with my lottery win though. Go big or go home.
Marv

Post by Marv »

I still find it stupid that AM can sell a 2 ton inefficient car like this, which obviously takes alot of resources to make, but a relatively simple and lightweight car like the Jimny has to be withdrawn from European markets, because of average emissions across the Suzuki range 🙄
Oui, je suis un motard.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I love it. That’s the one he burbled through the village in and really topped off my cider on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Sounds gorgeous.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Anybody else watch Harry's Farm? I really enjoy it despite knowing SFA about farming.

Daft bugger nearly lost his thumb to a trailer though :shock:

Not that we aren't all guilty of sometimes treating dangerous machinery with less than healthy respect.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 amtopped off my cider
:shock:
mik

Post by mik »

RobYob wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am Anybody else watch Harry's Farm? I really enjoy it despite knowing SFA about farming.

Daft bugger nearly lost his thumb to a trailer though :shock:
Thumb gate is described at 9m45.

I winced when watching. :?

GG.

Post by GG. »

I actually prefer the farming channel these days. Well at least when the car reviews are of ridiculous 200k middle east / rusky spec 4x4s of which I have precisely no interest :lol:

The thumb tale did have me wincing as well :shock:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

First rule of mechanics, never put you’re hand where you’re not willing to put your knob.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

When working with PTOs and hydraulics make sure it’s off.
How about not having a sig at all?