Crap drivers pt138572

dinny_g

Re: Crap drivers pt138572

Post by dinny_g »

I've had reversing cameras and parking sensors for the past 6 years and I don't mind admitting, I can't park a car without them. Even reversing a rental car into a bay space recently, I had to ask the missus to get out and direct me back.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm My missus has hit parked cars twice in the last two weeks, today she reversed into a Range Rover - actually denting in one of her parking sensors.. I asked why she didn’t stop when it beeped and she has gone to bed in a huff...
I did ask the same question to the (male) driver of the XC90 that reversed right up the bonnet of my 8month old Impreza back in 2007. £4500 damage to my car - tiny mark on the rear bumper of his.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The one redeeming thing is the woman who’s Range Rover she hit at nursery had already hit the other corner of her own bumper previously and was already booked in to get it resprayed. Doesn’t help fix our one of course...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You need something American. When the parking sensor does the solid beep the car stands on the brakes and won’t budge. Probably because they’re even more thick over there :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:59 pm You need something American. When the parking sensor does the solid beep the car stands on the brakes and won’t budge. Probably because they’re even more thick over there :lol:
I noticed this last week. The wind blew some palm leaves into the sensors fields of vision whilst reversing & the car anchored up. Very impressive.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Barry

Post by Barry »

My gripes for this week include

DRLs - they're for DAYTIME you fvcknuggets, not when its dark, raining or both. You have no lights on at the back you retards.
Side lights - why do these still exist? D1ckheads still driving round at night with sidelights on.
Mobile phone use - still a real issue IMO, the bike gives me a great view of people trying to use a phone one handed/secretly. No, you're not being clever or stealthy, the whole world can see you drifting across the centre line you selfish ignorant cvnt.
Jumping red lights - to those that do it, I hope when you eventually learn the hard way, that you don't take some poor innocent with you, you ignorant, selfish excuse for a human.
Those that stop at a junction, look me in the eye, and still pull out,.You think your time is more important than everyone else, and you're prepared to put my life in danger to save yourself a few seconds. I hope you get herpes.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Some cunt in Sainsbury's car park in an 18-plate A4 stopping to have a go at me because I didn't stop dead from about 15mph to let him out when he reversed. Obviously when I'm driving at almost 90° angle to the rear of his car, I'm going to clearly notice two small reversing lights towards the centre. He'd only pulled out by about 6 inches and wasn't even moving when I went past. Pulled up next to me after I'd got something out of the boot when I parked and said it was courtesy to stop and let him out. He even went to the opposite way to the exit to tell me. Called him a cunt when I got bored of explaining why he was wrong and walked off.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Barry wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm My gripes for this week include

<snip>
All correct of course, but I'm surprised no mention of fog light wankers.

As a slight aside, some manufacturers use the term parking lights and that might prevent the thought of using them when driving occurring to some.

Bikercunts; skyward pointing lights that burn pilots' retinas used with the excuse "it's to make us more visible". If only the light bulb that popped up above your head when you had that idea was as bright you might have realised how counter productive it is. (Should that be anti productive? Counter sounds American, like counter clockwise.).

Truckercunts; lit up like a Christmas Tree, sitting high as they do I guess makes them the fairy on top.

Taxicunts; like Arnie in the Terminator there's a long list of options to scroll through, the one chosen here being the hybrids mincing along the motorway in an incorrect lane (lane three if there are four). With either sidelights or fog lights on, only changing lane to leave by braking then - if you're lucky - indicating, cutting someone up forcing them to brake hard, wobbling back to the right before going left again while braking across the hatchings to avoid the barrier.

Thatneverhappenedyoucunt; well, if I told you I had a relaxing, stress free drive round the top of the M25 and across the Dartford Bridge Sunday evening, with dong drainers notable by their absence and variable speed limits in action...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

KevH18 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 pm Called him a cunt when I got bored of explaining why he was wrong

:lol: 8-)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:17 am
KevH18 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:50 pm Called him a cunt when I got bored of explaining why he was wrong

:lol: 8-)
It’s the OV9 life
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Barry

Post by Barry »

Weather atrocious in Cheshire today.

Saw a near miss at a roundabout.

T-bone accident

Van set off with no lights on at all. In hissing rain, dusk, partially lit d/c.

Moron in MX 5 who hit the brakes at the slightest thing. Horrid conditions and a motorcycle catches you up and eventually passes you, is a sign that you're bad at driving my friend.

And that was all in just sixteen miles commute home tonight.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:59 pm You need something American. When the parking sensor does the solid beep the car stands on the brakes and won’t budge. Probably because they’re even more thick over there :lol:
My Golf R has that feature and it was fvcking alarming the first time it happened to as its an immediate & violent stop. Unfortunately it also gets confused by things like small bushes when parking at 0.0001 mph.

I've said for years that only a small percentage of drivers don't just switch off the minute they pass their test and drive around as if they're the only people on the road and no rules apply to them. What's infuriating is that there's no apparent interest in doing anything to improve the situation.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 am
I've said for years that only a small percentage of drivers don't just switch off the minute they pass their test and drive around as if they're the only people on the road and no rules apply to them. What's infuriating is that there's no apparent interest in doing anything to improve the situation.
Unless we can link it to climate change - nothing will happen....

Even the insurance companies wount offer a discount if you are Rospa / AADrivetech advanced driver qualified - which either means we are no less likely to make a claim, or we are such a tiny % of the driving population that it's not worth their time setting something up?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

IanF wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm My missus has hit parked cars twice in the last two weeks, today she reversed into a Range Rover - actually denting in one of her parking sensors.. I asked why she didn’t stop when it beeped and she has gone to the bedroom in the X5...
Feel your pain! 😂
EFA
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Beany

Post by Beany »

I just took a couple of the boys up to Bradford to pick up some (very tasty, thanks) fried chicken.

Jesus fucking christ.

In all seriousness, I'd far rather drive in London. Bradford is terrible.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 pm I just took a couple of the boys up to Bradford to pick up some (very tasty, thanks) fried chicken.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm more concerned that you went to collect fried chicken when you could/should have been enjoying one of the many curry establishments on offer :lol:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:05 am
Rich B wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm My missus has hit parked cars twice in the last two weeks, today she reversed into a Range Rover - actually denting in one of her parking sensors.. I asked why she didn’t stop when it beeped and she has gone to bed in a huff...
I did ask the same question to the (male) driver of the XC90 that reversed right up the bonnet of my 8month old Impreza back in 2007. £4500 damage to my car - tiny mark on the rear bumper of his.
What was his answer? My late grandfather knew he needed some help with reversing so got rear sensors added to his Lancer. Unfortunately, his hearing was so bad, he couldn't hear them so he had to get my gran to tell him when they were going off.

Then she got dementia and he had to explain why she needed to tell him how far apart the beeps were each time.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:07 pm
mik wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:05 am
What was his answer? My late grandfather knew he needed some help with reversing so got rear sensors added to his Lancer. Unfortunately, his hearing was so bad, he couldn't hear them so he had to get my gran to tell him when they were going off.

Then she got dementia and he had to explain why she needed to tell him how far apart the beeps were each time.
He didn’t have one, but to be fair he was massively apologetic, admitted full liability, and kept to that stance despite the fact I was at the back of the queue so there were no independent witnesses. Took the body shop 3 attempts to paint the new (alu) bonnet though, so didn’t have the car for weeks.... then they tried to give it back with two kerbed alloys. Nope.

PS - your Grandad - that is funny :lol: , scarey :shock: and then sad :(
Last edited by mik on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beany

Post by Beany »

McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:01 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:27 pm I just took a couple of the boys up to Bradford to pick up some (very tasty, thanks) fried chicken.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm more concerned that you went to collect fried chicken when you could/should have been enjoying one of the many curry establishments on offer :lol:
There's some damned nice takeaway chicken in Bradford, in fairness.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

:!:
Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:16 pm
McSwede wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Jesus fucking christ.

There's some damned nice takeaway chicken in Bradford, in fairness.
Don't be selfish Beany. Spill the beans if you please?