Hermes

drcarlos

Hermes

Post by drcarlos »

Sold one of my old flightcases on Ebay and probably stupidly didn't box it (after all its a sodding flight case designed to carry a heavy amp and be banged around in back of a van etc) they have managed to break it. Fuck knows how they treat a package to do this to something I have literally thrown around in the back of the van and truck for 2 years and not managed to put more than a scratch on! I bet they will not cover it either as it wasn't boxed. Not worth a money claim either as it was low value but might make for an interesting post on their facebook page.
Simon

Re: Hermes

Post by Simon »

You misspelt 'herpes'.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:46 am Hermes
There was your first mistake.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 pm
Might have to change providers to UPS from now onwards. I bet they've had complaints too. It's basically picking the least shit one.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 pm
Might have to change providers to UPS from now onwards. I bet they've had complaints too. It's basically picking the least shit one.
DPD then ime
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:47 pm

DPD then ime
This. By far my favourite. Not perfect but a billion miles better than Herpes, OoPS or Parcel Farce.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:16 pm Parcel Farce.
That's how its pronounced normally if you're from Hull :lol:

DPD also blotted their copy book with us recently - they delivered some chairs and I was forced to conclude that they either they came to life and made a desperate bid for freedom... or the box had been kicked around like a cuboid football with the contents gouging the hell out of the sides.

Predictably when I can to assemble them the metal brackets mounting the legs to the base are bent in several cases and need to be replaced :evil:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

UPS are the most reliable that we work with.

We recently moved a lot of shipping to Parcel Force but they've been shit and not as cheap as they said they would be so we're moving back to UPS, now that we've negotiated a decent discount on our old rates :lol:.

Hermes came touting for business but they were expensive and shit. I don't know why people use them.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:47 pm

DPD then ime
This. By far my favourite. Not perfect but a billion miles better than Herpes, OoPS or Parcel Farce.
They've been good delivering things to me as have UPS but the drop shop for DPD is miles away where UPS and Hermes are in the Village, if the wife is running around picking up and dropping off hounds can swing by if I can't get there.
Last edited by drcarlos on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:31 pm UPS are the most reliable that we work with.

We recently moved a lot of shipping to Parcel Force but they've been shit and not as cheap as they said they would be so we're moving back to UPS, now that we've negotiated a decent discount on our old rates :lol:.

Hermes came touting for business but they were expensive and shit. I don't know why people use them.
Cost effective and close to me. I don't ship enough to get volume discounts so I have to pay retail they are all much the same cost in that arena.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sorry, that wasn't meant as a dig at you. I was speaking more from the point of view of a high volume shipper.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:04 pm Sorry, that wasn't meant as a dig at you. I was speaking more from the point of view of a high volume shipper.
Don't worry, no offence taken, it's just a different perspective to me.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:31 pm UPS are the most reliable that we work with.
Oops

:lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I didn't say they were perfect :lol:
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Just checked the POD and I paid for signature and it was left in the shed. I doubt the customer would have accepted it with the damage.
Richard

Post by Richard »

We use DPD at work. They seem good.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DPD have been exceptional for us. If you leave an idiots guide on the delivery instructions they seem to follow it rather well. Herpes is to be avoided, just like Hermes.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Supplier I use all the time used to use NightFreight.

I once had an expensive sign tray turn up that had 2 forklift truck, er, fork marks straight through it. It was hillarious. I told the driver he was taking the piss & to take it back. Oh the bemused look on his face. He really couldn't understand why I wouldn't accept it. Er, it's got 2 fucking massive holes punched through the 3mm aluminium mate. They were double stacked too, so it punched through 2 layers of polystyrene & 6mm of ali. I can only assume it was the forklift truck racing championships the night before & they used my package as armco.

Another time, a random man delivered my parcel. He found it about 50 miles from my home in the middle of the road. Said it must have fallen out the back of the van, so he picked it up, said he fancied a drive anyway & delivered it. Wouldn't even take any cash for his trouble. Legend.

NightFreight were sacked after that & they now use Tuffnells who have been great. DPD are also top notch.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Our local Facebook group has been complaining about the courier that covers our area: missing parcels, parcels lobbed over fences etc etc. So much so that a courier from a neighbouring area got involved and eventually we were told that the courier was being re-trained.

All of this still didn't put me at ease when I ordered something off eBay and the sender used Hermes. Today I got the news that my parcel would be delivered between 10-2. Then 2-4. Then 3-4. Then I got an email to say that it had been successfully delivered and signed for by me. I checked the signature and it was just a random squiggle.

Tried to contact Hermes. Phoned them, selected the option to query a delivery: "Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable". Called back, selected General option: "Please use the website to start a live chat". Go to website, start a live chat: "This is an automated service." Jump through the hoops and get a message to say someone will be in touch within 24 hours.

So, I have a moan on the local Facebook page and it turns out someone has the courier's phone number so I give her a bell.

Me: "Hi, where's my package, the tracking says you've delivered it?"
Her: "Didn't I deliver it earlier?"
Me: "No, I've been in all day and I've double checked the CCTV and no one's been near the house"
Her: "Er, I'll check my car and call you back"
===============
Her: "Sorry, I delivered it to the wrong house, I'll go and get it and deliver it to you in an hour. My brother passed away today and my head's battered"
Me: "WTF?"
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Dave, you really ought to expect better. I mean, there are so few deliveries at this time of year and plenty of relaxation time when you are forced to work 7 day weeks, 3 weeks in a row.

Anyone else watched the new Ken Loach film about a chap couriering? It’s typically Loach but it’s pretty good.