Losing a tooth

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Losing a tooth

Post by Ascender »

This forum really needs a like button :)
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

:lol: :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’ve had 8 teeth out in my life, that’s plenty. I did one where they couldn’t get the nerve either and it’s actually bareable through all the jostling and gripping, right up to the point where the tooth starts to move.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
John

Post by John »

What about wobbly milk teeth?

I had one that was almost but not quite out. My grandma decided to help by fastening a long piece of cotton thread around the tooth with the other end attached to a door handle, she then slammed the door and I’m sure that you can guess the result :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

John wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 pm What about wobbly milk teeth?

I had one that was almost but not quite out. My grandma decided to help by fastening a long piece of cotton thread around the tooth with the other end attached to a door handle, she then slammed the door and I’m sure that you can guess the result :lol:
She broke the handle? Gotchya.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
John

Post by John »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:19 pm
John wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 pm What about wobbly milk teeth?

She broke the handle? Gotchya.
Yes, it flew back and knocked a good tooth out.
Simon

Post by Simon »

:lol:
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Barry

Post by Barry »

Might as well throw my story in the pile as well.

Root abscess years ago, NHS dentist ended up kneeling on my chest and I was being slowly pushed up the chair, such was the force he felt required. He tore the upper tooth off in the end, I sacked him and went private..
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

1. The idea of being sedated outside of a hospital terrifies me. If you are over-sedated and you hypoventilate or something goes the wrong way down your airway (seems likely with a mouth full of dentist) then you’re not going to have a good time.

2. When I was in anaesthetics, we had special general anaesthetic lists for people who were profoundly dental phobic. One of the consultants referred to them as “mental dentals”