The exploitation of Greta Thunberg

evostick

The exploitation of Greta Thunberg

Post by evostick »

An increasingly unedifying spectacle. Fill her full of horror and stick her in front of the cameras.

Won't somebody think of the children :roll:
Broccers

Re: The exploitation of Greta Thunberg

Post by Broccers »

I nearly did this moan. Her various faces of anger outrage etc yesterday were truly horrifying and detracted from her mission to save the planet.

Also being lectured by children doesn't really work that well.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:13 am I nearly did this moan. Her various faces of anger outrage etc yesterday were truly horrifying and detracted from her mission to save the planet.

Also being lectured by children doesn't really work that well.
I heard a clip of it on the radio and that made me not want to see it. Sounded like a lot of over dramatisation which spoils the message
evostick

Post by evostick »

She's clearly a bit special. But she's not a soothsayer ffs. It's all too obvious that she's being used to push a political agenda to her own detriment.

I've been told that humanity will bring about it's own destruction since I was a kid. It never scared me that much :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Brutal :D
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

An inspiring speech, I don't get the terror of some people at an articulate 16 year old girl.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

RobYob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:03 am An inspiring speech, I don't get the terror of some people at an articulate 16 year old girl.
I believe most are concerned for her mental health long term.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 am
RobYob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:03 am An inspiring speech, I don't get the terror of some people at an articulate 16 year old girl.
I believe some people like to attack the messenger because they don't like the message.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

RobYob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:12 am
I believe some people like to attack the messenger because they don't like the message.
Messenger is the parents from what I see :D
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 am
RobYob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:12 am

Messenger is the parents from what I see :D
Oh, it's time to change tack is it? What a surprise....
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I love the message and wholeheartedly applaud her, but I too, worry that she is being used & coerced above & beyond her original intentions.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
evostick

Post by evostick »

No terror.

As the father of a highly articulate 16 year old girl, I know that she only relies on those emotional tactics when she's already lost the argument.

It's a shame that she's being coerced into exposing her vulnerability to such an audience. Long-term it ain't going to be good for her I'm sure.

And what's up with her eyes?. Death staring everyone. Demonic little bastard.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

evostick wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 am
No terror.

As the father of a highly articulate 16 year old girl, I know that she only relies on those emotional tactics when she's already lost the argument.

It's a shame that she's being coerced into exposing her vulnerability to such an audience. Long-term it ain't going to be good for her I'm sure.

"No terror"

"Demonic little bastard"

Haven't seen someone undermine their own argument that quickly in years.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

F644749F-0EA7-430E-826B-E8595DE50228.jpeg
F644749F-0EA7-430E-826B-E8595DE50228.jpeg (61.03 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:17 am I love the message and wholeheartedly applaud her, but I too, worry that she is being used & coerced above & beyond her original intentions.
I pretty much agree with this. She's a fantastic speaker (got goosebumps watching her speech from yesterday) and everything she says is true. I have no doubt that the world will be a better place in future in part because of what she has added to the conversation.

But if I had a child there's no way I'd want them to be doing what she is. The amount of hate and personal attacks she gets is awful, really pathetic behaviour.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

She's not the first kid to stick their head above the parapet and take shit from adults who want to shut them down.

I'm sure she'll get her nobel prize and go off to do some quiet activism :lol:.

She's managed to get people engaged in climate change activism in a way few other people have, I hope she continues.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

RobYob wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:22 am
evostick wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 am
No terror.

"No terror"

"Demonic little bastard"

Haven't seen someone undermine their own argument that quickly in years.
Have a listen to the Today show interview, she's coached well but not so she can articulate any factual arguments to back up her tantrums. It's quite easy in some respects to justify a crusade against coal burning or amazon deforestation but she just says 'everything', if she had a clue behind the arguments it would be easy to articulate even for a 16 year old.

As for everyone else who thinks she is on the money, I take it you all have your cars up for sale and will be cycling or taking public transport from here forwards?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I do cycle or take public transport most days ;).
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

What I think we need is more people without any experience of actually doing anything about thing, complaining that nobody (else) is focussed enough on thing, and everybody needs to make thing their top priority - if that is to the significant detriment to all non-thing then so bit it. And hurry the fuck up about it.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:21 am I do cycle or take public transport most days ;).
Is this while wandering around finding out information from people in the streets too :lol: