People not looking when driving

Jackleg

People not looking when driving

Post by Jackleg »

Just got off the phone to the old man, who just told me that he had a motorbike accident 2 weeks ago.

A) Daft bugger for not telling me sooner - his excuse was that it's already happened, there's not much that telling me can do about it :roll:
B) Why can people look where they're going?

He was in the right hand lane of a roundabout going straight on, a car to the left of him suddenly decided that he didn't annually want to go down the dual carriageway and instead wanted to turn right... Straight into the path of my old man.
He went into the wing of the car, over the bonnet and onto the tarmac. Fortunately he's come away with nothing more than some bruised ribs, and a dislocated thumb, from, he thinks, squeezing the brake so hard.

The thing he's most pissed about, is that he was just a couple of miles from home after a week away on a biking holiday with his brother, and this what the only time that anything happened. Bike is a write off too. I think he's only had it for just over a year.
All because someone didn't bother to look. :roll: :evil:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: People not looking when driving

Post by Rich B »

Jackleg wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:13 pm M

The thing he's most pissed about, is that he was just a couple of miles from home after a week away on a biking holiday with his brother, and this what the only time that anything happened. Bike is a write off too. I think he's only had it for just over a year.
shit luck and glad he wasn’t badly hurt, but I expect he’d have been even more pissed off if it was a couple of miles away from home before the week away biking holiday!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Not looking, not paying attention, generally not giving a shit about others (blocking junctions, pulling over in stupid places) blatantly using phones, being too stupid to understand 'smart' motorways (driving on the H/S when there's a big red cross and signs saying "for emergency use only"), driving at 45 in a 60, then still doing 45 in a 30....it's a long list of shitty driving standards these days.

Unfortunate news about your dad, but I don't envy bikers or cyclists at all. Dodging the above is bad enough when I'm in my metal (or plastic) cage, it'd be even worse when not.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ MIC :(

I'm glad he's ok.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Glad he's ok :)
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Matty wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 pm Not looking, not paying attention, generally not giving a shit about others (blocking junctions, pulling over in stupid places) blatantly using phones, being too stupid to understand 'smart' motorways (driving on the H/S when there's a big red cross and signs saying "for emergency use only"), driving at 45 in a 60, then still doing 45 in a 30....it's a long list of shitty driving standards these days.

Unfortunate news about your dad, but I don't envy bikers or cyclists at all. Dodging the above is bad enough when I'm in my metal (or plastic) cage, it'd be even worse when not.
This. Fuck me it’s annoying!
Cheers,

Ian
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Rich B wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 pm
Jackleg wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:13 pm M

shit luck and glad he wasn’t badly hurt, but I expect he’d have been even more pissed off if it was a couple of miles away from home before the week away biking holiday!
This is very true! :lol:
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Matty wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:30 pm Not looking, not paying attention, generally not giving a shit about others (blocking junctions, pulling over in stupid places) blatantly using phones, being too stupid to understand 'smart' motorways (driving on the H/S when there's a big red cross and signs saying "for emergency use only"), driving at 45 in a 60, then still doing 45 in a 30....it's a long list of shitty driving standards these days.

All of this is what puts me off getting a bike. Nobody seems to care about what they're doing on the road anymore. I think cars have become so insulated from the environment around them, that people forget that driving still requires skill and attention.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I had a guy pull out from a car park almost into my side the other day when I was on my bike. I’m currently doing my RoSPA training and was actually on my way back from a lesson so I did everything right: I’d already moved away from the potential hazard, saw him start to pull out and so slowed down. He stopped halfway across the road, we made eye contact, so I carried on. And then he just pulled out anyway, just missing me.

I followed the cunt to his house and gave him a piece of my mind. His excuse? “I know you had right of way, I didn’t pull out on you, you slowed down”. People just don’t give a shit.

Glad you Dad’s ok.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am I followed the cunt to his house and gave him a piece of my mind. His excuse? “I know you had right of way, I didn’t pull out on you, you slowed down”. People just don’t give a shit.
Do they teach you to do that in your RoSPA training too? 😂
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am I followed the cunt to his house and gave him a piece of my mind. His excuse? “I know you had right of way, I didn’t pull out on you, you slowed down”. People just don’t give a shit.
Do they teach you to do that in your RoSPA training too? 😂
Yes. They taught me a lot of new swear words 😉
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

Good to hear your dad isn't in too bad a shape, Jack.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 pm ^ MIC :(

I'm glad he's ok.
+1. The standard of driving I've experienced recently is just shocking.
M235i
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 am
I followed the cunt to his house and gave him a piece of my mind. His excuse? “I know you had right of way*, I didn’t pull out on you, you slowed down”. People just don’t give a shit.

Glad you Dad’s ok.
*Priority :roll:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Glad your dad is ok of course but you can't assume anything on a bike, I try not to ever get caught alongside a car during a roundabout, they do the most random things and you have very little room to do anything about it if you're alongside.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

[url][/img]
Banal Vapid Platitudes