Sky TV

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Sky TV

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm trying to cancel my Sky TV subscription. Not wanting to have a drawn-out phone call at work I'm using the "chat" option on the website.

All was going well, I gave my details, confirmed I definitely want to cancel and then "Nishaan" said:

"Just to let you know I will be away from my desk for 1 hour I will drop you a message as soon as I am back – in the meantime feel free to drop me a message if needed. Speak soon!"

WTAF ?? Walking out part way through a call ?

I can only assume it's a bot, and this is a deliberate ploy to see if you get bored and give up.
Simon

Re: Sky TV

Post by Simon »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 pm I'm trying to cancel my Sky TV subscription. Not wanting to have a drawn-out phone call at work I'm using the "chat" option on the website.

All was going well, I gave my details, confirmed I definitely want to cancel and then "Nishaan" said:

"Just to let you know I will be away from my desk for 1 hour I will drop you a message as soon as I am back – in the meantime feel free to drop me a message if needed. Speak soon!"

WTAF ?? Walking out part way through a call ?

I can only assume it's a bot, and this is a deliberate ploy to see if you get bored and give up.
It's his lunch break innit? Or maybe dinner break 'over there'...
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Pretty sure the call centre is in Scotland from my recent experience with the fucktards.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Years ago I was in one of 3 queues to check in for a Ryanair flight from Stantead. In the days before they had online checkin, so it was well busy. As I got to 3rd in the queue, the screen for the agent stopped showing the flight info. No biggy. As she completed checkinh for her passenger, she put on her jacket, picked up her bag, and started to walk off. The person ahead of me asked what was happening - and got an indignant "I have a break now". The whole queue went into an outraged mob and started pushing in to the other 2 adjacent queues - much to the upset of the people already in those queues - there was nearly a riot! Which is :lol: now, but was just mental at the time :? .
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Our village Firework display each Nov 5th has a "Burger and Chips" type van on site.

Believe it or not, if you want a Burger or a hot dog, queue on the left. If you want chips, queue on the right. If you want Burger or Dog AND chips...Queue Twice

this is one single van space where the chips folks and the burger folks cross each others paths every other second...

People have been complaining about it for years but they flatly refuse to change it - there were riots similar to the Ryanair desk when Burger folks tried to push in, refused to pay for the burger until they got chips...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

mik wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:21 pm Ryanair
/post.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Right, it took nearly two hours, but I've finally managed to cancel my Sky subscription !
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:01 pm I've finally managed to cancel my Sky subscription !
I am so looking forward to that day. My wife keeps being surprised that she can watch channels like ITV2 without a Sky subscription, but won't consider cancelling :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

It's taken us a long time to get around to it. Between Freesat, Netflix & Amazon I don't think there's anything on Sky we're actually going to miss. We're not into football or seeing the latest movies.

So I'm going with Vodafone broadband-only. It reckons it'll be faster than my current arrangement with Sky, and also £70/month cheaper.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:57 pm It's taken us a long time to get around to it. Between Freesat, Netflix & Amazon I don't think there's anything on Sky we're actually going to miss. We're not into football or seeing the latest movies.

So I'm going with Vodafone broadband-only. It reckons it'll be faster than my current arrangement with Sky, and also £70/month cheaper.
If you get the choice go for the black router rather than the white. The WiFi coverage on the white is very poor, so you'll end up wanting a mesh. Black one is supposedly much better.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:57 pm It's taken us a long time to get around to it. Between Freesat, Netflix & Amazon I don't think there's anything on Sky we're actually going to miss. We're not into football or seeing the latest movies.

If you get the choice go for the black router rather than the white. The WiFi coverage on the white is very poor, so you'll end up wanting a mesh. Black one is supposedly much better.
What if you paint the white one black?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:55 pm

I've not tried, but I'd be surprised if it fixed the WiFi performance.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Totally not cool these days, apparently.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 am

Totally not cool these days, apparently.
I think you can get around that by saying that the white router now identifies as a black modem.

The key is in establishing genuine minority (victim) status.

Doesn't matter if it works or not of course.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

They don't normally work that well, if that helps.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s called the inverse Jackson treatment.
How about not having a sig at all?
evostick

Post by evostick »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:00 am They don't normally work that well, if that helps.
I take it that every time you make this observation about this particular type of router you force through waves of compassion in order to prevent yourself from pointing this out to other people? :shock:

Otherwise mate that's discrimination right there and you should be ashamed of yourself.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Of course I meant routers! Dear oh dear.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Have they offered you a decent price to rejoin?

I am thinking for over a grand a year its time to drop ours.

Also wheres best for broadband with no phone line?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Oh no they talked me into staying. q box and 75ish a month. Such a mug.