Substandard food in hotels

ZedLeg

Re: Substandard food in hotels

Post by ZedLeg »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 pm Processed foods give you aids.
I was on a wholefoods plant based diet reddit the other day and people there would 100% believe that.

Apparently you can't use any type of oil in your cooking now or you'll definitely get cancer :roll: :lol:.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just heating food changes it’s state and causes it to be processed which will kill you according to a raw vegan eater I know. Sadly I have no retort as I’m not exactly healthy for my age :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Richard

Post by Richard »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:04 pm :lol: even considering his history of posting hilariously snobby shite, that's incredible.
It’s not snobby

I’d rather make it better and cheaper at home. Or not eat it at all
Richard

Post by Richard »

ste wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 pm Do you go for a large meal or stick at regular?
Always large. The chips are often the best bit IMO.
ste

Post by ste »

Agreed.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Matty wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Richard wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:46 am I hate shit food. I really hate being ripped off in restaurants serving me shit food

I basically only eat in places with Stars these days or if I’ve been given a recommendation from someone I can trust. Most people can’t be trusted
But have you tried the Bombay Badboy pot noodle?
On toast...
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I have never had a Pot Noodle...

I’m not a food snob, just never had one and have no desire to try...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Richard

Post by Richard »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 am I have never had a Pot Noodle...

Have you ever had a similar pot of noodles?

Sometimes I’ll have one for lunch at work. They’re absolutely as ok as you’d expect them to be. I prefer the more “noodle in broth” style ones, over the Pot Noodle which is more a “noodle in sauce”
mik

Post by mik »

Our local supermarket stocked Oolongmen noodles for a while. Seem to have stopped now unfortunately.

If you are looking for a quick, tasty lunch snack with minimal nutrients - they are great. 8-)

GG.

Post by GG. »

Nissin are the definitive and original instant noodles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_Noodles) but you'll probably need to take a trip down to a Chinese supermarket for those. At least you can then buy a box of them for near wholesale price though.

ETA: Tesco seems to stock them also so maybe they're more widespread now https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/p ... /276826574
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Richard wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am
dinny_g wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 am I have never had a Pot Noodle...

Have you ever had a similar pot of noodles?
Nope...

I’ve been to Wagamama’s a few times but no, I’ve never eaten noodles at home.

My lad likes the Super Noodles Ones with the little flavour sachet - chicken flavour.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Weird how topics go 😁
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Richard wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:28 am Unless you’ve only eaten one thing in basically the last month, it’s impossible to tell where you got “food poisoning” from
Depends on your definition of food poisoning. The E. coli or Campylobacter trots for 5 days stuff is hard to pin down but if you get Staph aureus / Bacillus cereus (onset in 2-6 hours, 24H of really very impressive heaving) it's not hard.

Re: places with stars, I have only ever eaten in one that has truly impressed me (Michael O'Hare's Man Behind the Curtain in Leeds). Otherwise I would rather have a cosy local bistro any day.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I had a dodgy take away years ago, within fifteen minutes of eating it I was violently vomiting and stomach cramps. Pretty sure I know what caused it..
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am Our local supermarket stocked Oolongmen noodles for a while. Seem to have stopped now unfortunately.

If you are looking for a quick, tasty lunch snack with minimal nutrients - they are great. 8-)

See Woo Chinese supermarket on Saracen Street in Glasgow has all the kinds of noodle pots a chap could ever desire. Not pot noodles though as they are utter filth 😂😂
mik

Post by mik »

I do keep meaning to pop into Sea Woo. This could give me a reason.....
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm Sea Woo.
Who?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

FWIW, the last Pot Noodle I had just tasted of salt. More recently I did try Sainsbury's "Kabuto" noodles, and they were the same. They all have about 80% of your RDA of salt in there.
mik

Post by mik »

McSwede wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:15 pm
mik wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:40 am Our local supermarket stocked Oolongmen noodles for a while. Seem to have stopped now unfortunately.

See Woo Chinese supermarket on Saracen Street in Glasgow has all the kinds of noodle pots a chap could ever desire. Not pot noodles though as they are utter filth 😂😂
By coincidence we were passing earlier. 8-)

Box of Nissin Cup Noodles purchased, along with several other (rather more nutritious) items.

Fascinating shop....
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm
McSwede wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:15 pm

By coincidence we were passing earlier. 8-)

Box of Nissin Cup Noodles purchased, along with several other (rather more nutritious) items.

Fascinating shop....
It's great isn't it. I used it all the time when I lived in Scotland and go stock up whenever I'm up in Glasgow.