Substandard food in hotels

Broccers

Substandard food in hotels

Post by Broccers »

Apparently this place is full of diners each day. Brilliant I thought but we were out so caught the last hour of dinner. The desert menu looked pretty good so a portion of profiteroles to start got ordered.

Pile of sludge arrived 20 mins later which for 7 quid I couldn't let go.

Chef came to see us. Are these frozen? Yes. Ok I'll have my money back and let's speak about it no more.

If you can't do things well don't even try.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Substandard food in hotels

Post by Matty »

Broccers wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:15 pm a portion of profiteroles to start
Simon

Post by Simon »

^^
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I got food poisoning on Wednesday night at a pretty “decent” restaurant. The food was shit, like the chef was a Heston wannabe doing crap like deep fried sushi, dousing food in cider vinegar and putting Camembert on pizza. Nothing more frustrating than spunking £50 a person and getting a night of constant shitting, nausea and cramps in return.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Matty wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Not with this. One desert to share then another then more. Those that order fuckloads of frozen wank food probably have more issues rejecting it hey Matty. Bet you'd eat it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm I got food poisoning on Wednesday night at a pretty “decent” restaurant. The food was shit, like the chef was a Heston wannabe doing crap like deep fried sushi, dousing food in cider vinegar and putting Camembert on pizza. Nothing more frustrating than spunking £50 a person and getting a night of constant shitting, nausea and cramps in return.
You don't have much luck my friend. One of the best meals I've had this week was from a chippy in Penzance with White Cider drinkers arguing outside 😂

On a serious recommend if any of you dare to visit Newquay, as it's rough, you can get the best Sunday lunch to take away from Gusto's. Thank me later.

For now tho let's see how breakfast goes here.
mik

Post by mik »

£50 a head buys you Michelin starred awesomeness in Edinburgh.

clix.

My boss is French and Michelin mental, yet had to concede it was one of the best meals he’d ever had.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 pm £50 a head buys you Michelin starred awesomeness in Edinburgh.

clix.

My boss is French and Michelin mental, yet had to concede it was one of the best meals he’d ever had.
Will look next time we stay in the brothel at Leigh. Quite a few nice places down there.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:07 pm
Not with this. One desert to share then another then more. Those that order fuckloads of frozen wank food probably have more issues rejecting it hey Matty. Bet you'd eat it.
Hang on, what have I missed? :?

The last time I had fish & chips I got shat on by a seagull. It missed the food (which was tasty enough with no ill after effects) so it didn't completely spoil things. I was behind a window under a square parasol with one person to my left and a large space to my right but somehow the airborne arsebiscuit bomber missed everything - no splatters anywhere else - except me.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Probably missed the original point about frozen hotel food. I entertained the diversity but that's the subject.

Am I turning Nathan? 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 pm £50 a head buys you Michelin starred awesomeness in Edinburgh.

clix.

They might serve the best food but I would never bother going to such a place when it has such a cryptic menu. I don’t like the element of surprise in my food.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Broccers wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:07 pm
Damn right I would. I eat at decent restaurants, but I'm also happy to smash a KFC or a Weatherspoons microwave special when I'm at the pub with mates. I even keep the odd readymeal on standby if I'm in a rush. I enjoy a good meal but I'm not food snob. Although I do draw the line at Pot Noodle.

Besides, the point I was trying to make was a Profiterole starter. Not soup, or stuffed mushrooms, profiteroles.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:52 pm Probably missed the original point about frozen hotel food. I entertained the diversity but that's the subject.

Am I turning Nathan? 😂

I got that, it was the rolling eyes and your reply that confused. Matty's reply has cleared that up (mostly).

Are you turning Nathanese? Think I you're turning Nathanese? No I don't think so.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

To start not starters. Specsavers may be open today. :shock:
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

So did you order profiteroles as a starter or just start your ordering with something like:

OP "mmmm yummy, profiteroles please waiter"

Waiter :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "Does Sir wish to start his meal with a dessert?" :o :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

OP " No you cretin, it was just the first thing on the menu I knew I wanted!" :evil:

Waiter "Of course Sir, an excellent choice"
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Fuck me it was a dessert menu Only on the bar in the bar.

:D :D

Breakfast is equally wank. Cheap sosig
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

clix.

If you run a restaurant in Edinburgh and your surname sounds like ‘kitchen’ then you probably have a strong chance of getting a Michelin star, it seems.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

clix.

21212 is very good, but IMO they've still got a way to go to match Martin Wisharts. Order of magnitude pricer though (although I'm a sucker for a tasting menu with matched wines)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Tonight’s £8 dinner
Better than any Michelin place :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Matty has never sampled the delights of a Bombay Badboy pot noodle :cry:
Cheers, Harry