Back spasms/sciatica

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Back spasms/sciatica

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 am Rich, have you/will you be vaccinating your kid?
Now you are just being a nob, What the fuck has that got to do with BUPA prescribing me a chiropractor to sort my back?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:55 am
Nefarious wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:51 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 am

Bollocks. To disprove a theory you collect data.
If your theory is "all cats are black", one example of a black cat does not sufficiently support the theory. If you gather data, and find 50 out of 50 black cats, your theory is looking strong. However, I only need to show you one example of a non-black cat and your theory is comprehensively disproved.
I agree. Your data would be having an actual non-black cat or a fully documented, corroborated sighting of said non-black cat.

However, you wouldn’t dismiss the theory because someone says “oh hey, I once saw a non-black cat”, you’d wait for the evidence.
evidence like seeing a non-black cat for yourself.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:29 am Rich, have you/will you be vaccinating your kid?
Now you are just being a nob, What the fuck has that got to do with BUPA prescribing me a chiropractor to sort my back?
I’ll take that as a yes. So, presumably, because you’re a rational person, you don’t accept that vaccines cause autism despite the rather large body of anecdotal “evidence” of those that say their kids started to display their first symptoms after their MMR jab? Instead, you presumably accept the scientific evidence that there is no causal link?

If that’s the case, why are you unwilling to accept the evidence around physios/chiros etc?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:38 am
Nefarious wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:51 am

If your theory is "all cats are black", one example of a black cat does not sufficiently support the theory. If you gather data, and find 50 out of 50 black cats, your theory is looking strong. However, I only need to show you one example of a non-black cat and your theory is comprehensively disproved.
I agree. Your data would be having an actual non-black cat or a fully documented, corroborated sighting of said non-black cat.

However, you wouldn’t dismiss the theory because someone says “oh hey, I once saw a non-black cat”, you’d wait for the evidence.
If you were publishing a scientific paper attempting to prove that non-black cats existed, you’d need evidence: either the cat itself (alive or dead), or a photograph. Otherwise it would just be an anecdote. That’s why we don’t believe the Loch Ness Monster to be real. People say they’ve seen it, but there’s no evidence.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:58 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:38 am

If you were publishing a scientific paper attempting to prove that non-black cats existed, you’d need evidence: either the cat itself (alive or dead), or a photograph. Otherwise it would just be an anecdote. That’s why we don’t believe the Loch Ness Monster to be real. People say they’ve seen it, but there’s no evidence.
I’m not talking about “people”, I’m talking about the lock ness monster strolling into your garden and calling you a cunt.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:07 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:38 am evidence like seeing a non-black cat for yourself.
I’m not talking about “people”, I’m talking about the lock ness monster strolling into your garden and calling you a cunt.
So, the LNM walks into my back garden, calls me a cunt and fucks off again. No one saw it but me. I tell people. Does everyone believe me?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:13 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:07 pm

So, the LNM walks into my back garden, calls me a cunt and fucks off again. No one saw it but me. I tell people. Does everyone believe me?
So because no one believes you, it didn’t happen?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:18 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:07 pm I’m not talking about “people”, I’m talking about the lock ness monster strolling into your garden and calling you a cunt.
Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster? The yeti? Bigfoot?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:26 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:18 pm

Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster? The yeti? Bigfoot?
No, but if one walked into my garden and said that you were a cunt I’d probably believe them.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I love how personally you’re taking this 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:36 pm I love how personally you’re taking this 😂
Only because you’re telling everyone who has personally experienced anything different from your googled knowledge is wrong! It’s just weird!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:36 pm I love how personally you’re taking this 😂
Only because you’re telling everyone who has personally experienced anything different from your googled knowledge is wrong! It’s just weird!
Enjoy your Reiki healing 😂

It isn’t “my Googled knowledge”, it’s the collected scientific evidence.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

FFS Foz, look what you and your stupid back have started! What were you thinking :D
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pmEnjoy your Reiki healing 😂
enjoy your dog wanking!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Point out where I said that.

My argument, again, is that physiotherapy is more effective than chiropractic or osteopathy, which are no more effective than a massage given by an untrained person. Nothing in that argument says that you will never recover.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Yet on the other hand, there is a body of scientific evidence that proves the positive effects of a placebo.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I wish I cared this much about stuff.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The only loser on this thread is Rev because he’s spent the whole of his weekend so far googling this shit.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:06 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:43 pm Only because you’re telling everyone who has personally experienced anything different from your googled knowledge is wrong! It’s just weird!

Yet on the other hand, there is a body of scientific evidence that proves the positive effects of a placebo.
Absolutely. And as I’ve already pointed out, chiropractic and osteopathy are no more effective than a placebo when tested, whereas physiotherapy is more effective than a placebo.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? I feel like Father Ted explaining something to Dougal. “Less effective...more effective...less effective...more effective”
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:12 pm The only loser on this thread is Rev because he’s spent the whole of his weekend so far googling this shit.
I really haven’t.
Middle-aged Dirtbag