Back spasms/sciatica

Foz

Back spasms/sciatica

Post by Foz »

Not had it for a few years but OMFG this ones a bad stint!

Osteopath this afternoon but no miracle cure there sadly, the over the counter medication doesn’t touch the sides and I am terrified of sneezing :(
DeskJockey

Re: Back spasms/sciatica

Post by DeskJockey »

Ouch. Take it easy!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Mine goes out sporadically. It’s not fun. I find ladelling on Voltarol good-n-thick helps - diclofenac ftw.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Hot toddy with a large co codamol and ibuprofen chaser incoming
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

We’re all old and broken.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Growing old together, on the internet!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sod all that back pain malarkey :(
Gslbs.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Foz you poor fucker, and anyone else who suffers with sciatica. Absolutely crippling levels of pain, the tingling in the legs and the muscle cramps. Fuck all of that shit, fuck it hard. I've had it a few times from lifting stuff stupidly (the last time being a stuck quadbike back in 2012) and it's one of the worst things I've ever experienced. Not recommended.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Foz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm Not had it for a few years but OMFG this ones a bad stint!

Osteopath
Quackery. You need a physiotherapist.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:05 am
Foz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm Not had it for a few years but OMFG this ones a bad stint!

Osteopath
A good osteopath/chiropractor will get you mobile again quickly. But I do agree that physio should then be taken up anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

Osteopath
Physical terrorist.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Commiserations Foz, back pain is awful.

I've started limping recently due to my last bout of back pain. Woke up one morning feeling a twinge, when I tried to get up I couldn't put any weight on my right leg and it's never got back to 100% percent.

I've always tried to be super careful with my back as my dad had already had surgery on his by the time he was my age but here we are.

Got a very nice chair for work out of it though so it's not all bad :lol:.
An absolute unit
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 am Foz you poor fucker, and anyone else who suffers with sciatica. Absolutely crippling levels of pain, the tingling in the legs and the muscle cramps. Fuck all of that shit, fuck it hard. I've had it a few times from lifting stuff stupidly (the last time being a stuck quadbike back in 2012) and it's one of the worst things I've ever experienced. Not recommended.
Al of that. Fcuking awful.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:44 am

Osteopath
Physical terrorist.
Spire sorted me out. Most recommended.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 am

Osteopath
A good osteopath/chiropractor will get you mobile again quickly. But I do agree that physio should then be taken up anyway.
There's no such thing as a good osteopath or chiropractor. They are not properly trained and their practices are pseudo-science.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

Foz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:44 pm Hot toddy with a large co codamol and ibuprofen chaser incoming
This is the correctness - codine and booze FTW
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am

There's no such thing as a good osteopath or chiropractor. They are not properly trained and their practices are pseudo-science.
i messed up my back about 15 years ago and BUPA sent me to a chiropractor. She fixed it and I’ve had virtually no issues since. Proper training or not, couldn’t give a shit - it worked.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I remember my Dad having a bad stint without Sciatica when I was young, he was in the living room on a bed for about 2 weeks from memory.

I know Sciatica has lots of causes but core strength is so important. It was pushed into me by all the old farts when I started work as once you get a problem with it it generally stays with you for life. I do silly stuff with mine but trained hard when I was younger on core strength and especially the back and it paid dividends. It’s one of the reasons we are trying to get our boys into gymnastics.

Feel free to point and laugh when I do my back in :lol:

I just put a 2.0 metre fridge freezer into the Landy by myself and it always feels strong.

Getting old is a twat, refuse to let it happen as long as possible.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:28 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am

i messed up my back about 15 years ago and BUPA sent me to a chiropractor. She fixed it and I’ve had virtually no issues since. Proper training or not, couldn’t give a shit - it worked.
Same.

And from the NHS
All osteopaths must be registered with the General Osteopathic Council to be able to practise in the UK.

Osteopaths are trained to degree level attaining either a Bachelor’s (BSc) or Masters of Science (MSc).

Courses typically last four to five years and are a combination of academic, research and over 1,000 hours of hands-on patient-facing clinical training. This intensive medical training equips osteopaths with an in-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology, psychology and pathology combined with robust clinical examination techniques.

In order to stay on the register of the General Osteopathic Council, you’ll have to maintain your skills and knowledge with continuous professional development (CPD). Requirements for osteopaths include at least 30 hours of CPD every year, of which 15 hours must involve learning with others. CPD can include lectures, seminars, courses, practical sessions, individual study. The Institute offers a range of CPD opportunities.
Osteopathy has a recognised training path and is recognised by the NHS as an allied health profession. Chiropracty is not
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

It’s ON! 😎