Climate change protestors

ZedLeg

Re: Climate change protestors

Post by ZedLeg »

At least they've not started shitting in the street yet.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

They need to pay them more for that. I believe they’re paying the protestors £400 each a week to cause a nuisance.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:06 am It's just the Occupy dickheads again, isn't it?
I fear so, which will be terrible news for everyone concerned.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

One of their founders wrote this:

i don't think I need to comment on it.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am They need to pay them more for that. I believe they’re paying the protestors £400 each a week to cause a nuisance.
They carelessly left their documents available for all to view earlier this year: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... rebellion/
Draw your own conclusions.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:15 am At least they've not started shitting in the street yet.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... le-3437180

Although, in fairness, this might just be an ordinary day in Gloucester.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

drcarlos wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:57 am They need to pay them more for that. I believe they’re paying the protestors £400 each a week to cause a nuisance.
They carelessly left their documents available for all to view earlier this year: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpre ... rebellion/
So George Soros uses his real name when he's secretly funding leftist insurrections? :lol:
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 pm
drcarlos wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 pm
So George Soros uses his real name when he's secretly funding leftist insurrections? :lol:
Before you go getting all tinfoil hat on me, you have checked the rise up (parent org of XR) website and seen their documents are still posted there right? I haven't got time to go line for line maybe someone else has, would be good to hear more and see if it is indeed in there.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yer man there is tinfoil hat enough for everyone, I had a quick google but I couldn't find anything beyond that link you posted and a Spiked article from Brendan O'Neill so not great sources :lol:.

There's nothing particularly interesting about protest groups fundraising, Rising Up mention getting funding from Lush and crowd funding. It's also not unheard of for groups to pay expenses for organisers. I'd be curious to see if there's any more than that to it.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:19 pm Yer man there is tinfoil hat enough for everyone, I had a quick google but I couldn't find anything beyond that link you posted and a Spiked article from Brendan O'Neill so not great sources :lol:.

There's nothing particularly interesting about protest groups fundraising, Rising Up mention getting funding from Lush and crowd funding. It's also not unheard of for groups to pay expenses for organisers. I'd be curious to see if there's any more than that to it.
After seeing some of the idiots that they've rolled out to talk to the media (The interview linked above in this thread and the one the was done with Piers Morgan) it wouldn't surprise me if someone had actually written that in their accounts. I'll dig out the link when I'm at home (looking at Rising up and Extinction rebellion sites in the office is probably not a good thing) if you want to dig further, it really was to just a google docs repository.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

The ER leader for the North lives next door, they haven't spoken to me since the new car arrived. :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:59 pm The ER leader for the North lives next door, they haven't spoken to me since the new car arrived. :D
:lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

They’re so moronic that it’s painful. I was walking through Regent Street and decided to look at the new restaurant that Lewis Hamilton co-owns. It was packed with extinction rebellion protestors. I don’t know if they realise that this restaurant is half funded by someone who makes a living by driving a racing car at 20 different locations round the world.

The press are equally to blame since they have shifted to the climate agenda and are further fuelling the fire with factually incorrect stories and by giving the idiots air time. As usual they’re heavily biased too. Every day there’s a new story about an iceberg breaking, a whale getting stranded, some future forecast about the climate getting more extreme which is no doubt adding momentum to this.

Surprised the Netherlands hasn’t been getting any coverage outside of their own country. They recently introduced strict nitrogen emission laws for farmers which would have made half of the farming industry bankrupt. The farmers have brought the country to a standstill and got half the counties to repeal the new legislation. But it’s a strike against our dear Earth so let’s ignore it and talk about really random shit like a Siberian dam collapse. Or Indian kids wearing cardboard boxes. Or some archaeologists finding more coffins in Egypt.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I think Rowan Atkinson summed it up perfectly although he was talking about CND at the time when he described them as well meaning but muddle headed grandmother's lunatics and lesbians.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I don't know how this ended up on my Youtube feed but it seems a pretty detailed explanation of the climate change that we are experiencing without any shrieking or emotion. Something called the Milankovitch cycle.

Would seem to be backed up here:

https://www.universetoday.com/39012/milankovitch-cycle/

Worth a watch for sure.
mik

Post by mik »

That's cool. 8-)

Erm... hot. :? erm
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Orbital mechanics are interesting but sadly not a get out of jail for Carbon=climate change.
https://theecologist.org/2019/jun/05/un ... tch-cycles
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:35 pm I don't know how this ended up on my Youtube feed but it seems a pretty detailed explanation of the climate change that we are experiencing without any shrieking or emotion. Something called the Milankovitch cycle.

Would seem to be backed up here:

https://www.universetoday.com/39012/milankovitch-cycle/

Worth a watch for sure.
Because climate scientists won’t have factored this in at all, unlike some bloke on YouTube.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol: I love videos like this. Some guy cruising wiki finds something and thinks it's the gotcha that's going to blow the whole thing wide open.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Wait until people read about sunspots and the fact that sometimes we’re closer to the sun, and sometimes further away 😂

Somewhere, a climate scientist starts to sweat. “Oh fuck...”, he whispers to himself
Middle-aged Dirtbag