Sky

Mito Man

Sky

Post by Mito Man »

So which wise guy at Sky thought it was a good idea moving the Discovery and Nat Geo channels which were nicely grouped together from channel 520 onwards to all over the fucking place spread across 300 channels :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Re: Sky

Post by Mr Pish »

there's a lot to moan about sky, the worst is all the poxy adverts

you pay for sky, extra for movies, extra to stream them locally to you tablet and the cvnts stick 3mins of adverts at the start of the movie

hence in the couple of months we have had it i have only used it for 3 films and one F1 race
Join us, join the Teslarati!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

You know you can ffwd those adverts? Life ain’t that hard, mate.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Is for him.
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 am You know you can ffwd those adverts? Life ain’t that hard, mate.
its more the fact that they put them there that grinds my gears, its not acceptable for a premium service IMO to try to fleece you for more money

sky on the whole just seams like a horrifically expensive old fashioned way of watching tv
Join us, join the Teslarati!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Mr Pish wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:26 am You know you can ffwd those adverts? Life ain’t that hard, mate.
its more the fact that they put them there that grinds my gears, its not acceptable for a premium service IMO to try to fleece you for more money

sky on the whole just seams like a horrifically expensive old fashioned way of watching tv
Sky, owned by famous philanthropist Rupert Murdoch tries to squeeze every last penny out of it's viewers.

I am shocked at this news.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mr Pish wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

So don't use it if you don't like it. No-one understands market forces better than Murdoch.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I'm on the verge of ditching Sky Q, I think I can get by now with a combination of Now TV and all the other catchup services which are now available and support airplay or have native Apple TV apps. All at the fraction of the price for Sky.
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m going to join in the Sky moaning now:

- We have Sky Q. It’s in the wife’s name and goes out of her account via Direct Debit

- Recently she decided to move her phone to Sky Mobile as they had a good deal on the iPhone X

- She lost her bank card and it turns out her mobile contract was set as a continuous auth on that card and not on DD so the payment failed. She made a payment over the phone the next day to bring her account back in line.

- They now claim they have never had this payment despite it showing as going out of her bank so they set up a Direct Debit. The account is caught up, but they still owe her £47 that they’ve taken but can’t trace.

- Sky Q stopped working tonight bang on 7pm. Calling them up, it tells us that the monthly payment has been cancelled, even though her bank shows it has having been paid on the 14th April and the next payment not being due until the 14th May. She’s been on hold for 20 mins so far.

Fuckwits.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Now they’re saying that the payment is fine and it must be a satellite signal error. That started bang on 7pm, and that also stops the Sky Q app working saying we don’t have the correct subscription...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Hmm, so despite it not being an account problem it miraculously started working during the call and so has the Sky Q app.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

And don’t get me started on the fucking “engineer” that installed leaving absolutely no slack whatsoever on the cables so you have to plug in the coax cables, HDMI cable (the socket is upside down, btw) and power cable by feel. Fucking gimps. I’d love the opportunity to punch Murdoch in the face for all of these transgressions against me! 😡😁
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I thought the Sky installed did a decent job putting in 5 Room feeds from two dishes last year. When we had the fibre connection put in last month, the installers drilled a new hole through the wall and found the Sky chap had drilled horizontally or even downwards from the outside, meaning the holes for the Sky cables could allow water ingress. Great.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 pm And don’t get me started on the fucking “engineer” that installed leaving absolutely no slack whatsoever on the cables so you have to plug in the coax cables, HDMI cable (the socket is upside down, btw) and power cable by feel. Fucking gimps. I’d love the opportunity to punch Murdoch in the face for all of these transgressions against me! 😡😁
Just get a short length (0.5m) of dual coax cable with preterminated male to female ends and extend it a little - will only be a few pennies from amazon. I did this recently to run an extra length under the floorboards to site the box on the other side of the room (not that your complaint is not valid - any decent installer should leave you with lots of slack that you can trim shorter if necessary).
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:33 pm I thought the Sky installed did a decent job putting in 5 Room feeds from two dishes last year.
Worst "I have 5 hallways" post evah..
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division