Rice cakes

Mito Man

Re: Rice cakes

Post by Mito Man »

Carlos wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:46 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 pm It’s in a different coloured can/bottle. What’s so confusing?
Nope, its a Red can over here now but with a black rim with zero on it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 6715163630
Yes. Doesn’t the black band give it sufficient contrast for you guys?

It must be a real struggle for some people to do simple shit like pick between still and sparkling water or premium fuel or tablets :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
evostick

Post by evostick »

Surely only stupid fat women that plan to eat themselves thin eat rice cakes. With cottage fucking cheese on top and things. Female domain consumption stuff for sure like birth control tablets and tampons.

An adult man would never knowingly consume one.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:08 pm

It must be a real struggle for some people to do simple shit like pick between still and sparkling water :lol:

Yeah, well, I bought some sparkling instead of still a few years back in Switzerland. I couldn't see anything on the label to say which it was. I still made him put it in his Chevette, I wasn't going back again.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:43 am The Kallo/Itsu ones covered in dark chocolate are nice
Wanted to grab some of these at the supermarket just now and they only had milk choc :cry:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I do not see this as a reason to get all bent out of shape. I don't mind them if I'm hungry and there's one going but I wouldn't buy them. Each to their own though. I think them being that 'healthy' is overstated anyway.

I'm not keen on diet coke, when zero was released I liked it more or less as much as normal coke, but before long they changed the recipe and totally ruined it (consumers preferred the change apparently, but I thought it became much more bland and diet coke like). Anyway, some research reckons that artificially sweetened drinks give very little weight reduction benefits over normal sugar (various theories) so make of that what you will.
Beany

Post by Beany »

They. Fucking. Stink.

If I were to bring a jalfrezi into the office, I'd be given shit for stinking up the place, but wanna eat a rice cake? Sure, make the place smell like half the office had three omelettes for dinner the night before.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've eaten rice cakes when I'm desperate, but not through choice. A good way to trick your mind into thinking its eaten, without actually eating.

As for Coke, vile stuff, we get it supplied free at work and I still don't bother. That said, if you're going to bother why half arse it, drink the real stuff or go home.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My teeth feel awful when I drink regular coke or anything really sugary so I stick to diet with pretty much any soft drink :lol:

I don’t like Coke Zero, only ever had it for free when they’re handing them out in busy public places and can only manage a sip before binning it.

Rice cakes smell a bit fart like if you stick your nose to them but stinking up a whole office?! You must have the nose of a bloodhound.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Coke - put a rum in it and it’ll taste fine whichever one it is. (No good for James obviously) I too think normal coke is awful and leaves my teeth feeling furry - maybe I’m using the wrong cup?

Rice cakes - fine with peanut butter or mackerel, horseradish and cucumber at a push, smell stale as soon as you open the packet.

I’m imagining Beany working with (as) Ricky Gervais in the office in After Life. 😁
Cheers,

Ian
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

People have eaten them in my office, can't say I ever smelled them. Maybe people in your office are doing actual farts and blaming it on the rice cakes. :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm People have eaten them in my office, can't say I ever smelled them. Maybe people in your office are doing actual farts and blaming it on the rice cakes. :lol:
This is what happens when you let the IT dept join the rest of the workforce. 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The worst smell I’ve ever encountered in my life was when I had a school trip to BAE Rochester and they took us around the IT area during lunch break. It smelled like an Indian restaurant mixed with BO, coffee, shit and a hint of fags.
Beany

Post by Beany »

IanF wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:09 pm
duncs500 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm People have eaten them in my office, can't say I ever smelled them. Maybe people in your office are doing actual farts and blaming it on the rice cakes. :lol:
This is what happens when you let the IT dept join the rest of the workforce. 😂
I am the IT dept :(
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

GG. wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 pmI have swapped beer for gin.
So long as you're not drinking it out of a jam jar some hipster has charged you a tenner for, then you're still OK I think.
Cheers,

Mike.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Beany wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm They. Fucking. Stink.

If I were to bring a jalfrezi into the office, I'd be given shit for stinking up the place, but wanna eat a rice cake? Sure, make the place smell like half the office had three omelettes for dinner the night before.
Never really noticed that.

I do however detest the smell of bananas. Gross
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:25 pm The worst smell I’ve ever encountered in my life was ....
My first trip into a Irish country pub AFTER the smoking ban...

Farts, Farts and more farts...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Richard wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 am

One of my team hates the smell of bananas. We take it in turns to drop banana skins into his bin when he's not looking.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I didn't even realise they had a smell! Beyond the insides being a bit banana'ey, I guess.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 am
Richard wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 am

One of my team hates the smell of bananas. We take it in turns to drop banana skins into his bin when he's not looking.
You have individual bins? I can't remember when I last worked anywhere without communal bins.
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

DaveE wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:09 pm Coke Zero is the worst though - at least Diet Coke comes in a different colourway so you know it's an imposter and to be ignored. Coke Zero looks like real Coke, or as I call it - Coke - yet tastes like nothing of the sort, and should be destroyed. Very, very annoying. When you want a Coke, you want a fucking Coke.
Someone once pointed out to me how the diet version of a product invariably uses a colour palette that's the negative/inverse of the "normal" version.

Coke: red can, silver lettering.

Diet Coke: silver can, red lettering.

Once seen, can't not be seen.
That's why the Zero is so fucking annoying. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke (the caffeine-free one was OK when launched but not as nice as regular Coke so I didn't switch). Such a shame that Coke dropped proper Cherry Coke too; there's a chip shop near me that still sells it at 90p a can and I indulge occasionally, knowing one day it'll be gone for good.

Zero and its fruity flavoured variants shares the colour scheme of regular Coke so it's annoying having to check whether a shop has left-over stock of Cherry Coke carefully rather than just picking up the one you actually want.