NotoriousREV

Re: Rice cakes

Post by NotoriousREV »

JonMad wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:42 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:34 am
Richard wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 am

Never really noticed that.

I do however detest the smell of bananas. Gross
One of my team hates the smell of bananas. We take it in turns to drop banana skins into his bin when he's not looking.
You have individual bins? I can't remember when I last worked anywhere without communal bins.
It's one to a bank of desks but it's right by him.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:28 am

Never really noticed that.

I do however detest the smell of bananas. Gross
One of my team hates the smell of bananas. We take it in turns to drop banana skins into his bin when he's not looking.
You have individual bins? I can't remember when I last worked anywhere without communal bins.
our bins, my bin, his bin, her bin...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Careful Jobbo - you might get "Winning At Life" Mito say that you are not capable of selecting your preferred carbonated beverage if you're not careful.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:47 am

It's one to a bank of desks but it's right by him.
We each have two bins - general refuse and recycling :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:16 am Careful Jobbo - you might get "Winning At Life" Mito say that you are not capable of selecting your preferred carbonated beverage if you're not careful.
I consider myself warned and primed.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Let’s be honest most of you people don’t know your way around a Michelin PS4 and PS4S ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am Let’s be honest most of you people don’t know your way around a Michelin PS4 and PS4S ;)
A sphincter says what.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:45 am
DaveE wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:09 pm Coke Zero is the worst though - at least Diet Coke comes in a different colourway so you know it's an imposter and to be ignored. Coke Zero looks like real Coke, or as I call it - Coke - yet tastes like nothing of the sort, and should be destroyed. Very, very annoying. When you want a Coke, you want a fucking Coke.
Someone once pointed out to me how the diet version of a product invariably uses a colour palette that's the negative/inverse of the "normal" version.

Coke: red can, silver lettering.

Diet Coke: silver can, red lettering.

Once seen, can't not be seen.
That's why the Zero is so fucking annoying. I can't stand the taste of Diet Coke (the caffeine-free one was OK when launched but not as nice as regular Coke so I didn't switch). Such a shame that Coke dropped proper Cherry Coke too; there's a chip shop near me that still sells it at 90p a can and I indulge occasionally, knowing one day it'll be gone for good.

Zero and its fruity flavoured variants shares the colour scheme of regular Coke so it's annoying having to check whether a shop has left-over stock of Cherry Coke carefully rather than just picking up the one you actually want.
No they haven't
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

In practice they have pretty much binned it - it's not on the shelves in any supermarket, it's not listed on Coca Cola's UK website... but your prompt has made me find it available online so I'll buy some.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Happy to help :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Is Cherry coke classic not still the good one? We get it and it tastes the same as it ever has.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Where do you buy it? It's not changed, but since they introduced Coke Zero Cherry I've barely found any for sale in physical shops.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My local Morrison’s has it in cans and big bottles.
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Glad they sell something other than Irn Bru :)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

They ruined Irn Bru when they added sweeteners to it, same with Barr's Cola and Red Kola :(.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Full fat cherry coke still readily available in tescos right next to the standard normal coke, both in the slightly smaller health friendly bottles :roll:
Cheers, Harry
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've gone off cherry coke a bit anyway (loved it as a kid), but I can confirm that the zero sugar version is fucking disgusting.

I don't have a problem with zero and could drink diet even if there was no other option, but I tried the cherry zero not too long ago (given out free at the station IIRC) and threw it away after a few gulps.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I don’t mind Coke Zero but can’t be dealing with Diet Coke - to my palate, Diet is too bubbly/fizzy and too sweet tasting to be refreshing

As an aside, my dietician friend says if you drink coke regularly then Diet’s the way to go. But if you have “a glass of coke”, an occasional one, say if you’re driving then full fat is “least bad” for you.

Something to do with how your body reacts to a single glass of Diet and how it then processes subsequent sugar intake compared with how your body reacts to a normal one.

Drink diet regularly and your body doesn’t react that way...

Counterintuitivetastic...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pmBut if you have “a glass of coke”, an occasional one, say if you’re driving
Anyone?
Simon

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:57 pm
dinny_g wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pmBut if you have “a glass of coke”, an occasional one, say, if you’re driving, ....
Anyone?
FTFY