Rice cakes

Beany

Rice cakes

Post by Beany »

They taste like paper and smell like stale farts.

And everyone in this office seems to fucking love them.

Sigh.
integrale_evo

Re: Rice cakes

Post by integrale_evo »

The rice crispy marshmallow squares are nice.

But yeah, the normal ones are like chewing polestyrene. I'd rather eat nothing or eat a little bit of something that tastes nice than subject myself to those things.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The Kallo/Itsu ones covered in dark chocolate are nice
GG.

Post by GG. »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:20 am The rice crispy marshmallow squares are nice.

But yeah, the normal ones are like chewing polestyrene. I'd rather eat nothing or eat a little bit of something that tastes nice than subject myself to those things.
IIRC correctly they're only about 30 calories so its going to have to be a very little bit of something nice... (not that I disagree that they taste like polystyrene).
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rice cakes are fucking vile and if you eat them, you're a cunt. Do more exercise so you can eat actual food.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Bizarre how angry people get about what other people eat! :D
GG.

Post by GG. »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:58 am Rice cakes are fucking vile and if you eat them, you're a cunt. Do more exercise so you can eat actual food.
Come on JL - tell us what you really think :lol:

I've in aggregate run just under 85 miles or 135km so far this year and lost 2 stone without having to resort to rice cakes though I have swapped beer for gin. I think that probably makes me only a partial cunt but doesn't sound like Swerve is so lucky (I guess chocolate covered rice cakes don't earn you an exemption?)
Last edited by GG. on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Rich B wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:04 pm Bizarre how angry people get about what other people eat! :D
He's probably hungry :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:04 pm Bizarre how angry people get about what other people eat! :D
Not angry in the slightest - I'm like a calm, elegant swan ambling along a mirror-smooth lake.

That to one side, I do get annoyed at food and drink that pretend to be good. Rice cake is one - I mean, it has cake in the title - yet when you eat it, it tastes like packing material.

Coke Zero is the worst though - at least Diet Coke comes in a different colourway so you know it's an imposter and to be ignored. Coke Zero looks like real Coke, or as I call it - Coke - yet tastes like nothing of the sort, and should be destroyed. Very, very annoying. When you want a Coke, you want a fucking Coke.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s in a different coloured can/bottle. What’s so confusing?
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Not here, it's not. Identical apart from the Zero after the Coke. Same colouring of band and lettering.

Thanks for assuming I'm as thick as you are, of course :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:20 pm Not here, it's not. Identical apart from the Zero after the Coke. Same colouring of band and lettering.

Thanks for assuming I'm as thick as you are, of course :lol:
Just choose the one without the zero after it. HTH
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ah again the assumption that I'm a total retard :lol:

The one time I always want a Coke is at the local Ace Hardware. They don't have normal Coke as an option! In this instance, Diet Coke is preferable and those words should never be spoken.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you thought about not living in a third world country?
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:24 pm Ah again the assumption that I'm a total retard :lol:

The one time I always want a Coke is at the local Ace Hardware. They don't have normal Coke as an option! In this instance, Diet Coke is preferable and those words should never be spoken.
Next time you go to the local Ace Hardware, remember to bring coke retard!! 😉
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I like the corn thins that Sainsbury's do, still mad that the dark chocolate ones have milk in them.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:44 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:24 pm Ah again the assumption that I'm a total retard :lol:

Next time you go to the local Ace Hardware, remember to bring coke retard!! 😉
Just remembering they only sell the shit stuff would do, so I don't grab what I think is a red bottle of sugary teeth-furring loveliness only to get back to the car and realise I've fucked it up again :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 pm It’s in a different coloured can/bottle. What’s so confusing?
Nope, its a Red can over here now but with a black rim with zero on it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 6715163630
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:09 pm Coke Zero is the worst though - at least Diet Coke comes in a different colourway so you know it's an imposter and to be ignored. Coke Zero looks like real Coke, or as I call it - Coke - yet tastes like nothing of the sort, and should be destroyed. Very, very annoying. When you want a Coke, you want a fucking Coke.
Someone once pointed out to me how the diet version of a product invariably uses a colour palette that's the negative/inverse of the "normal" version.

Coke: red can, silver lettering.

Diet Coke: silver can, red lettering.

Once seen, can't not be seen.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:58 am Rice cakes are fucking vile and if you eat them, you're a cunt. Do more exercise so you can eat actual food.
They're great, you're wrong.

Have a Pepsi to get over it.