People complaining about the ULEZ

JLv3.0

Re: People complaining about the ULEZ

Post by JLv3.0 »

Perhaps get a better job that doesn't require you to drive a diesel van? Just trying to help.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:44 am
Richard wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am Slight issue is people who have recently bought diesel vans etc that are now, presumably, worth significantly less
Shit happens. It's been known about for long enough.
But when They tell you that you are compliant and then change their mind?

My Defender was compliant for a while.

Dave!
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:50 am Perhaps get a better job that doesn't require you to drive a diesel van? Just trying to help.
You still unemployed?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Self-employed since June and fee-earning since November. Looking forward to a bit of time off now :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Indeed. My Euro 5 car was fine for ages, now it's Euro 6 and you know it won't stop there. It's painful for a lot of my customers who run trucks & Coaches. They are constantly having to buy the latest kit to remain in businsess & those things aint cheap. Yeah, it makes the World go round & I get business from it as a result, but I can't help wonder what it's doing for World debt.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Things change and shit happens - welcome to life. We aren't all still driving around in rustbucket sardine tins, that run on leaded petrol either. The ICE might even be banned in our lifetimes.

I'm sure the debt just rolls around really anyway - hopefully there'll be reduced cost to the NHS and business in general as a result of improved health.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:30 pm
I'm sure the debt just rolls around really anyway - hopefully there'll be reduced cost to the NHS and business in general as a result of improved health.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
GG.

Post by GG. »

t-minus 6 hours. Apparently (no idea how), but 2/3s of London drivers are not aware it comes into force tomorrow...

There are still several vehicles on our street and those around it which don't comply. Some are obviously very occasionally used (e.g. two old 1980s camper vans and my neighbour's 944) and I expect people are just taking a view that they'll pay when required... but a number are a lot newer than that/not clearly recreational cars.

Interestingly there are only another 750 cameras to police it versus 600 something for the current zone which is a much much smaller area. I imagine if you drive very locally and avoid entering or exiting the zone, you may get away without being pinged.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

In my large underground carpark there's only about 15 people who daily their cars and they're all plug hybrid 4x4s.
I'd say half of what's left is non exempt diesels or older petrols which seem to only move a few times a year. Paying an extra £12.50 a dozen times a year is cheaper than buying a new car (and arguably better for this dying planet too).

Chatting with the ex Kosovo freedom fighter turned local handyman he has found an easier solution for his smoky 90's LDV van. "I just charge each customer an extra £12.50 and make a bonus too. Easy mooooney" :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:42 pm Chatting with the ex Kosovo freedom fighter turned local handyman he has found an easier solution for his smoky 90's LDV van. "I just charge each customer an extra £12.50 and make a bonus too. Easy mooooney" :lol:
Haha genius. Perhaps this is what my neighbour (same guys who owns the 944) is doing with his non-compliant pickup (I think he is a plumber or engineer of some description)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Or get something old. For example my 6.4 litre, probably < 10mpg land yacht is exempt :lol:
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Twenty year old petrol beemer is ULEZ compliant. Time for everyone to jump back into smooth sixes. 8-)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Yeah I read a guys thread on PH where he managed to certificate his E31 840i as compliant :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Theyve killed our city centre already without this shite. I simply wont go in.

Got fined at meadowhell for 2 wheels over a line in some hatching so wont be going there either. You would really think trying to encourage people back to places the incentive might be to not fleece the shit out of them.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Annoyingly we got a fine for this through yesterday. My missus had driven up to the natural history museum a few months back with no ULEZ needed, but it seems they've changed the boundaries, so when we did the same journey this month we got a fine. Rats. £80 seems an awful lot for this too...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I guess that next time we go up, we'll leave the 45mpg car and take the 410bhp 25mpg car instead as it meets the emissions standards.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

At least the £80 fine will go towards installing solar panels and other renewable tech in London… oh wait, nope, just another tax…
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:19 am I guess that next time we go up, we'll leave the 45mpg car and take the 410bhp 25mpg car instead as it meets the emissions standards.
This came up in another thread just the other day, I had a similar quandary earlier in the year and took the Aston instead of the 7-Series. But the Aston is only 380bhp :(
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The council offered him a grant- just take it and buy a cheap shitty Citroen c1, use that and keep the camper for camping. Moving house is a bit extreme, especially when it’s only 2 miles away, and the zone will probably get expanded in a few years 😂