Buggar.

:evil:
nuttinnew

Re: Clocks changing

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

8-) The clocks in my cars are correct once more. I can never be bothered enough to change them!
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Merc adjusted itself. Mondeo you have to do manually.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

My dad's 14 plate Audi A4 has probably the worst interface to find the setting to change the time.
M235i
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Fucking everyone was angry on the road this morning.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Alex_ wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 am My dad's 14 plate Audi A4 has probably the worst interface to find the setting to change the time.
Surely it changes itself? I don't think I've been in a car made since about 2004 which didn't just pick up the codes from the radio broadcast or wherever.

Only things I changed manually this year were one clock in my study, the oven (which is always wrong anyway, but I try) and four quartz watches.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 am
Alex_ wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 am My dad's 14 plate Audi A4 has probably the worst interface to find the setting to change the time.
Surely it changes itself? I don't think I've been in a car made since about 2004 which didn't just pick up the codes from the radio broadcast or wherever.

Only things I changed manually this year were one clock in my study, the oven (which is always wrong anyway, but I try) and four quartz watches.
Golf didn’t change automatically, I had to go into the menu and select “daylight savings”. Bit shit, really, as it even shows that it takes the time from GPS data.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 am I'm still not tired.

Buggar.

We were told on Thursday that we had documents coming for a large refinancing and the terms needed to be agreed and signed by Sunday night. :? The docs came in on Saturday at 6pm...

I remember looking down at the time on my laptop just before 1am thinking "this isn't too bad" and then the next time I looked it was 2:17. Not the weekend of the year to have to work over/late. Unpleasant.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Maybe leave the Brexit thread alone for a bit and catch up on work mate ;)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Actually the good thing about getting busy is I'm much less likely to check and post in that particular thread :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

TFFT :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

My 2006 car certainly doesn't do anything as witchcraft as that.

I don't mind the clocks changing. Although I did have that period of confusion when I woke up yesterday morning wondering whether the time on my phone was GMT or BST. In the end I had to get up to check one of the analogue clocks to be sure. :(
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:11 am

Buggar.

We were told on Thursday that we had documents coming for a large refinancing and the terms needed to be agreed and signed by Sunday night. :? The docs came in on Saturday at 6pm...

I remember looking down at the time on my laptop just before 1am thinking "this isn't too bad" and then the next time I looked it was 2:17. Not the weekend of the year to have to work over/late. Unpleasant.
And did they say this morning, "April Fool!"?

I wonder if it's having cars with sat nav that need to update the clock automatically which has made me think all cars do it now? My 2004 5-series did it, for example.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Just leave it on BST all year round and ignore the Scots whinging about it.

/thread.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon is an hour early for meetings for 7 months of the year.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I was surprised to hear that we stopped changing the clocks for 2 or 3 years in the late 60s but then it was deemed unsafe for school kids going to school or something.

Dave!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 am
GG. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:11 am

Buggar.

And did they say this morning, "April Fool!"?
:lol: That would have been brutal. Fortunately the Borrower is not in the UK and doesn't recognise the tradition of April Fools :)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:33 am Just leave it on BST all year round and ignore the Scots whinging about it.

/thread.
Nobody gives a shite about it up here either mate.

The clocks going forward seems to mess with me more than the clocks going back. I didn't have dinner until nearly eleven o'clock last night :lol:.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:30 am

Although I did have that period of confusion when I woke up yesterday morning wondering whether the time on my phone was GMT or BST. In the end I had to get up to check one of the analogue clocks to be sure. :(
Ooffff you haven’t experienced this confusion till you’ve lived close to the channel on the border with France. Whenever I get close to the coast my iPhone will automatically change to the French time zone, as will my Apple Watch and for some reason it takes it half a day to change back. The problem is that by the time you realise what’s going on it’s too late.
How about not having a sig at all?