Mental Health

Explosive Newt

Re: Mental Health

Post by Explosive Newt »

Broccers wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm Sounds like your job is a problem. Maybe exercise more, have time for your stuff, don't smoke weed and give booze a miss :D
Seconded on dropping the booze. When I hit my 30s I realized that it wasn’t just my hangovers containing “the fear” but a few heavy nights out made my anxiety generally worse.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I just hit my 40's but rely too much on booze. I challenge anyone with kids not to rely on some sort of crutch. For those childless & booze-less then I salute you, but also challenge you not to be over-zealous on this subject. Those without child then it may be time to man up, look after yourself, work hard, reap the reward, and chill-out after.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

You're in a group session and you're told it's important to you to be right all the time;
"No, it isn't."
"Yes it is."
"No i..."
"It is"
and on until "you keep coming back to the same things."

Next session "let's talk about..." then as above. :?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Fuck group sessions.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:50 pm Fuck group sessions.
The correct term is "orgy".
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

:lol:
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:59 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:50 pm Fuck group sessions.
The correct term is "orgy".

Well, I am the only male there.

REV; that came from the person running it so they'd've been the same if it hadn't been group.
Group isn't all bad, isn't all good. It sounds like it wasn't the best of experiences for you :(
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I think subjects like this are good. We lost our dog last week which is very sad and how you deal with these situations can go in whole different directions. Do you focus on the loss or the great years? I always think its best to address situations that make you feel down, appreciate it for what it is and try and move on.

If you have ever had a dog tho you'll know this question when you lose one - are you getting another? Yes but not tomorrow. :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 am I think subjects like this are good. We lost our dog last week which is very sad and how you deal with these situations can go in whole different directions. Do you focus on the loss or the great years? I always think its best to address situations that make you feel down, appreciate it for what it is and try and move on.

If you have ever had a dog tho you'll know this question when you lose one - are you getting another? Yes but not tomorrow. :D
The reason male suicide rates are so high are due to people bottling things up and not addressing these things, so yes, it's definitely healthier to address it.

Sorry for the loss of your dog.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Cheers Dave. Nearly 10 years of having a pal by your side to nothing. Saying this we went into the situation eyes wide open as Ive had a dog before and know its a short timeframe. Unfortunately tho any grief brings back memories of others which in my other half's case is both parents. A snap out of it doesn't work - keeping busy does tho. I guess my point is here even if youre not on meds then life still gives you pain, dont feel bad discussing it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:10 am Cheers Dave. Nearly 10 years of having a pal by your side to nothing. Saying this we went into the situation eyes wide open as Ive had a dog before and know its a short timeframe. Unfortunately tho any grief brings back memories of others which in my other half's case is both parents. A snap out of it doesn't work - keeping busy does tho. I guess my point is here even if youre not on meds then life still gives you pain, dont feel bad discussing it.
I had a dog from the age of 5 until I was 15. I was never able to face replacing her. Lost her and my Grandad a couple of weeks apart.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

ste

Post by ste »

evostick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm Sorry for all that are having a hard time at the moment. I'm not, in fact I've never felt better :) (fucking jinxed myself there for sure)

I found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelligence-F ... +the+flesh to be a very worthwhile read when I was trying to sort out my approach to life a while back.

HTH someone.
Read this out of interest on your 'recommendation'. Thought it was absolutely shite. :lol:

The author seems to have a hokey theory with no experience or evidence whatsoever to back it up. He uses things like phrases i.e. 'you feel it in the pit of your stomach' to try to prove that your brain uses your body to form a holistic view of the world.

It's quackery and after finishing it I still had no idea what his point was. Cheers though. :D
evostick

Post by evostick »

ste wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 am
evostick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm Sorry for all that are having a hard time at the moment. I'm not, in fact I've never felt better :) (fucking jinxed myself there for sure)

I found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelligence-F ... +the+flesh to be a very worthwhile read when I was trying to sort out my approach to life a while back.

HTH someone.
Read this out of interest on your 'recommendation'. Thought it was absolutely shite. :lol:

The author seems to have a hokey theory with no experience or evidence whatsoever to back it up. He uses things like phrases i.e. 'you feel it in the pit of your stomach' to try to prove that your brain uses your body to form a holistic view of the world.

It's quackery and after finishing it I still had no idea what his point was. Cheers though. :D
:lol:

Well it worked for me you cunt :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

evostick wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm
Well it worked for me you cunt

:D

That seems a saying worth trying to crowbar in to any conversation.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve had some kind of breakdown. Jacked my job in. Don’t really have a plan for what happens next. This could get interesting.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

Blimey Dave, that's a big deal. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.
tim

Post by tim »

Crikey. Be well Dave - don't be a mushroom.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm I’ve had some kind of breakdown. Jacked my job in. Don’t really have a plan for what happens next. This could get interesting.
Jesus Rev, that sounds serious. I genuinely and sincerely hope everything works out for you mate, I really do.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

dinny_g wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:19 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm I’ve had some kind of breakdown. Jacked my job in. Don’t really have a plan for what happens next. This could get interesting.
Jesus Rev, that sounds serious. I genuinely and sincerely hope everything works out for you mate, I really do.
Yes, this. Hope you can sort out whatever problems you have.