Mental Health

nuttinnew

Re: Mental Health

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:40 pm I’m genuinely fine right now, I’m not in any danger at all and feeling pretty positive (now).

Well that's good to hear after the previous post :shock: 8-)

Good to have something planned to look forward to also; are you roadtripping down there?

Here's to a splendid summer :D

Edit; just clicked Rich's link...ffs :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm As luck would have it, we’re off to the south of France for 10 days from next week and have tickets to the Monaco GP. Well, I’ve paid for the tickets, they’ve not actually arrived yet...
To be fair, if you're going to chuck it in the fuck it bucket, there are worse positions to start from :)

You know you can always ping me on FaceyB if you want to feel better about your life by comparing it to mine ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am You know you can always ping me on FaceyB if you want to feel better about your life by comparing it to mine ;)
That just starts the "you have no right to be unhappy" self-hate death spiral. The comparing myself to others, I mean, not talking to you ;)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:41 am
Beany wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am You know you can always ping me on FaceyB if you want to feel better about your life by comparing it to mine ;)
That just starts the "you have no right to be unhappy" self-hate death spiral. The comparing myself to others, I mean, not talking to you ;)
But also talking to me ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:41 am
But also talking to me ;)
That’s a whole other set of feelings.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Richard

Post by Richard »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:40 pm I genuinely want to do something different but haven’t the foggiest what that might be, though. It’ll be fun finding out, though.
Pro racing bikerist

The fates have foretold it
evostick

Post by evostick »

It's all about self-preservation when shit gets too much Dave. You're doing the right thing.

Just give yourself time and space until you're strong enough to manage your own emotional state to a degree where you no longer let the unimportant interfere with your state of being.

Let yourself be a cunt for a while, watch yourself do it with patient tolerance until there are no bad feelings left inside.

Then apologise to the ones that love you and need you ;)

Then you can get back to finding where you want to be before you die .

I wish you all the best.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

evostick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:07 pm It's all about self-preservation when shit gets too much Dave. You're doing the right thing.

Just give yourself time and space until you're strong enough to manage your own emotional state to a degree where you no longer let the unimportant interfere with your state of being.

Let yourself be a cunt for a while, watch yourself do it with patient tolerance until there are no bad feelings left inside.

Then apologise to the ones that love you and need you ;)

Then you can get back to finding where you want to be before you die .

I wish you all the best.
I think this is by far the most useful thing anyone's said to me throughout this whole thing. Thank you, Tim.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
evostick

Post by evostick »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm

I think this is by far the most useful thing anyone's said to me throughout this whole thing. Thank you, Tim.
Well it worked for me you cunt 😉
ste

Post by ste »

evostick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:07 pm Let yourself be a cunt for a while
Can we define 'for a while' he's been doing it for years already. :lol:
Marv

Post by Marv »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm As luck would have it, we’re off to the south of France for 10 days from next week and have tickets to the Monaco GP. Well, I’ve paid for the tickets, they’ve not actually arrived yet...
ISTR from the Historic GP, they no longer send out tickets by post, you have to pick them up on the day. I imagine the full GP tickets might be the same now? Send them an email querying it, if they still haven't arrived.

Oh and I'm sure you'll land on your feet, job wise. Need to get myself out of IT too, just a struggle to decide what else to do.

Has JL found himself a job yet, or is he a bum still? 😉
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ste wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am
I should monetise it somehow.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm
ISTR from the Historic GP, they no longer send out tickets by post, you have to pick them up on the day. I imagine the full GP tickets might be the same now? Send them an email querying it, if they still haven't arrived.

Oh and I'm sure you'll land on your feet, job wise. Need to get myself out of IT too, just a struggle to decide what else to do.

They’ve literally just arrived 😎
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ste

Post by ste »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 pm
Piers Morgan does alright.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Marv wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm
Been working full time freelance since November, this has just finished recently so on holiday right now and will chase up the next gig(s) when I get back on Saturday. Anyway how did I get dragged into this?!! :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nasty wake up call today that I've been running myself ragged in every respect for the last, ooh, two years.

Think I might have to have a hard reset* and get that shit under control.

Need to think a bit on this.

*no, I don't mean suicide, that'd please too many people, can't be having that ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm Nasty wake up call today that I've been running myself ragged in every respect for the last, ooh, two years.

Think I might have to have a hard reset* and get that shit under control.

Need to think a bit on this.

*no, I don't mean suicide, that'd please too many people, can't be having that ;)
Remember, I’m also available for FB counselling 😉
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

I asked for that ;)

I might poke you on virtualisation stacks at some point, but regards the above post, I've done that thing that you just never do because it'll never end well. I asked for help.

....and work have helped, as literally no-one else could.

Something of a mini Road to Damascus moment in my life right now, which was terrifying last night, but seems more manageable now.

Asking for help, oddly, helps. I'd do well to remember that.

So everything isn't fine, but it's looking like it'll improve, or at least become more stable.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ Good news quickly 8-)

I'm getting referred for testing to see if I'm on the spectrum. I don't think I am (but half of you lot probably were in the eighties) but it's something happening which is a positive, certainly more positive than being told on Monday i speak a different English to everyone else. My reply of "Bollocks do I." didn't seem to be misunderstood :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 pm

There's a slot free on daytime tv.